Adobe confirms it won't support Flash on Jelly Bean

So, is Flash on its way out? Is Adobe shooting itself in the foot or what? I don't get the rationale.

Everything in the mobile space is moving towards HTML5.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

As Rawvega stated, everything mobile is going to be HTML5. Adobe didn't have a choice. Android wants to use the chrome browser instead of the default browser, which doesn't support a flash plugin and both iOS and Windows Phone do not support flash. Their days were numbered. They just finally gave up trying to get apple and MS to support their mobile platform. Now Adobe can go back to business and stop throwing money at the mobile sector.

• 2 weeks later...
so what are you guys saying here is that it is better to stay with ics rather than jelly bean?

Mobile flash is overrated. I haven't had it on my phone since before February and I have had 1instance where I had a "missing flash" message. That site was worthless anyway. Nearly every website has abandoned flash, especially for content aimed at the mobile sector.

I would much rather have project butter, chrome browser and the rest of jelly bean than flash.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

• 4 weeks later...

Only reason I keep flash on my ICS devices is MLS Live for soccer streaming. I've been pounding MLS Digital for a year and a half for an MLS Live streaming app on Android.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone wants/needs a Flash apk, you can find the archives for both 2.x and 4.0 at this link (scroll down past the initial listing of 'Flash player archives'):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_Flash_Player_versions_for_developers

• Like 1

Just in case anyone wants/needs a Flash apk, you can find the archives for both 2.x and 4.0 at this link (scroll down past the initial listing of 'Flash player archives'):

http://helpx.adobe.c..._for_developers

Awesome resource! I will be bookmarking it. Thanks for posting it.

• 1 month later...