Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Just want to say "Thanks" to you all for your field research. I was on the verge of leaving Sprint when I stumbled across S4GRU. I am on my second 4G Wimax phone with Sprint in SW Florida over the past few years, so you all can understand my frustration.

I never in a million years thought our market was this close to having LTE up and running. As a result, I negotiated an Early Upgrade fee with Sprint over the past few days and am planning on getting the HTC One. Can't wait.

Excited to now be a member here.

Peace,

DM

• Like 1

Just want to say "Thanks" to you all for your field research. I was on the verge of leaving Sprint when I stumbled across S4GRU. I am on my second 4G Wimax phone with Sprint in SW Florida over the past few years, so you all can understand my frustration.

I never in a million years thought our market was this close to having LTE up and running. As a result, I negotiated an Early Upgrade fee with Sprint over the past few days and am planning on getting the HTC One. Can't wait.

Excited to now be a member here.

Peace,

DM

Welcome,

I know it has been a long wait for LTE from sprint. If you become a sponsor member you will have access to some cool maps that Robert has made. I am very happy to see some LTE popping up around us.

It looks like ws6dom and i will have some of the bradenton to Port Charlotte area covered. If i get 4g anywhere around here i will map it and report it to Sensorly.

I map Sarasota areas as well...I mapped the 75 route going West at the beginning of 275 Wednesday. I just wish there were something to create an alarm when LTE is picked up on my Note 2...........?

There is an app called LTE discovery in play store that will cycle the airplane mode off and on until it finds an lte signal and then alerts you.

There is an app called LTE discovery in play store that will cycle the airplane mode off and on until it finds an lte signal and then alerts you.

Use signal check pro. It gives you a tone when you connect to lte. You don't have to toggle airplane mode. Meaning it does not interrupt using your phone.

Use signal check pro. It gives you a tone when you connect to lte. You don't have to toggle airplane mode. Meaning it does not interrupt using your phone.

i cant seem to find this in the play store do you have a link?

• Like 1

Well i was not sure if my S3 was really picking up LTE or not the other day. I was going past Bayshore HS and turned off wifi and had full Bars of 4G as i went south it went off to 3g when i hit Bayshore Gardens Parkway. So i turned around and went back up 34th Street where i had it and had nothing but 3g. But i have a question. My Contract of 10 lines comes up soon and i am not going to Stay with sprint if it misses my area. So my Question is are there any Towers in my area that will get me LTE? i Live just South of Bayshore Ele School in South Bayshore Gardens. I just need to know if it will reach here ever cause when you ask sprint they know nothing about nothing.

Well i was not sure if my S3 was really picking up LTE or not the other day. I was going past Bayshore HS and turned off wifi and had full Bars of 4G as i went south it went off to 3g when i hit Bayshore Gardens Parkway. So i turned around and went back up 34th Street where i had it and had nothing but 3g. But i have a question. My Contract of 10 lines comes up soon and i am not going to Stay with sprint if it misses my area. So my Question is are there any Towers in my area that will get me LTE? i Live just South of Bayshore Ele School in South Bayshore Gardens. I just need to know if it will reach here ever cause when you ask sprint they know nothing about nothing.

LTE in Bradenton just lit up for the first time last week. Betacom (the company that has been contracted for NV in this area) has been actively working in towers all over Sarasota/Bradenton for a few weeks now.

Now that the first couple of sites are live (all along West Cortez Rd. and over by the mall) I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the month we have some pretty solid LTE coverage throught out most of Bradenton.

LTE in Bradenton just lit up for the first time last week. Betacom (the company that has been contracted for NV in this area) has been actively working in towers all over Sarasota/Bradenton for a few weeks now.

Now that the first couple of sites are live (all along West Cortez Rd. and over by the mall) I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the month we have some pretty solid LTE coverage throught out most of Bradenton.

But i use to be able to find towers near me on the sprint site and not anymore. I am trying to find the closest tower to my house south of Bayshore Ele School on 26th street. I can't find a map to find the tower nearest me

I had Lte from Bee Ridge right up to the hwy 70 exit. Then got off and headed towards town and had 4g lte all the way till curso road. Kinda makes me mad that it is all way out east.I did map it from Fruitville all the way till cruso road.

I mapped it again but still did not show up. Shows that it sent fine. Must be something going on with sensorly. I Did get good speeds on University though.

uploadfromtaptalk1365599113369.jpg

I mapped it again but still did not show up. Shows that it sent fine. Must be something going on with sensorly. I Did get good speeds on University though.

post-10086-13655990018141_thumb.jpg

It's there,u gotta zoom close to see it. There's a dot downtown too

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It's there,u gotta zoom close to see it. There's a dot downtown too

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That's odd. You zoom way in and it is there. I will map some on the way home in a different area.