Sprint announces LTE launched

I think this is a smart move by Sprint PR. Instead of just launching 2 markets by end of June and then launching a few more in July, combine them with the July markets except for Baltimore. This gives all the LTE launch markets another 2.5 weeks to get their act together and get as many NV towers up as they can. I am too curious why Baltimore is not part of the initial LTE launch markets.

Yes, I knew it was gonna be on july 15th, that was my guess all along. My reasoning for my guess was because of the current evo lte give away currently going on at sprint that ends July 15th. Also, my birthday is July 15th as well :)

• Like 7

Yes, I knew it was gonna be on july 15th, that was my guess all along. My reasoning for my guess was because of the current evo lte give away currently going on at sprint that ends July 15th. Also, my birthday is July 15th as well :)

you better not buy anymore phones.

• Like 1

you better not buy anymore phones.

Well, I have been thinking seriously about selling my gnex and replacing it with a gs3. Like I had mentioned in another thread, my gnex doesn't like it when I travel, it takes on a mind of its own whenever I am not in atlanta. I will probably keep it though, since more than likely my gnex will see a jellybean rom well before any other phone anyway.

Never did Sprint say any of these markets were launching together, or that Baltimore would launch in conjunction with any specific city. Each of these market deployments is completely independent of each other. I'm actually they announced five for July 31st. I was expecting Kansas City to possibly be held back also with Baltimore.

All of these markets were slated for a Mid 2012 launch. Mid 2012 is roughly Memorial Day to Labor Day. If Baltimore is not launched by the first week of September, then it can be called late.

As we mentioned in our article, it is no surprise that Baltimore is not launching. Alcatel/Lucent doesn't even have their first LTE site up and running in the market yet.

Robert

Looks like you'll be receiving a nice birthday present :)

• Like 1

Very cool. Can't wait. :D

danielholt: Really bad timing for you since you said you are leaving the Atlanta/Athens area.

I guess you are going to a undisclosed non-LTE location?

Mav. :cool:

so youre getting 3 different LTE phones.... sigh.

baltimore shmaltimore, lets hear more about muffinman hoarding phones.....

Robert is the one hoarding all the phones. I do have 3 lte devices on my account though, my girl has an evolte and I have an evolte and gnex. I am not ballin' like Robert yet.

• Like 2

I might pick up a Viper since they are relatively inexpensive ($200) on eBay. Just so I have a phone that isn't as expensive to replace as the GSIII. If I do that though, I will drop TEP since it's now eleven bucks a month.

• Like 1

I might pick up a Viper since they are relatively inexpensive ($200) on eBay. Just so I have a phone that isn't as expensive to replace as the GSIII. If I do that though, I will drop TEP since it's now eleven bucks a month.

Tep on the viper is still 8 bucks

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yeah, I am thinking about dropping it as well.

Wonder if there will be some kind of OTA for the EVO LTE before July 15th then.

That's a very good question.

I'll be in Fort Worth for a few days starting the 18th, after which I'll probably end up in San Antonio for a few hours at least. I'll be sure to test out LTE thoroughly while I'm there. I can even compare with T-Mobile (DC-)HSPA+ and Verizon LTE...though the comparisons might not be fair since I'm comparing effectively data cards (T-Mobile Rocket 3, VZW iPad 3) with a phone.

The only LTE device I'm missing at this point is a Viper. If they are only $200 cash, maybe I should look into getting one? It'd be great for the radio performance test.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

The only LTE device I'm missing at this point is a Viper. If they are only $200 cash, maybe I should look into getting one? It'd be great for the radio performance test.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I want your job where I can get a GS3, an EVO LTE, and a Viper :)