Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I've yet to see any B41 on my iphone 6 with this tower.

I don't think that they are active yet. All the ones I've spotted I haven't connected to. The only band 41 you will connect to is the legacy clearwire sites.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Must be WCS because this site has had 700 for about 20 months

AT$T has been adding or swapping out panels here in Jacksonville. I believe it's for their WCS spectrum. Or maybe they are adding 700MHz to that site. It's definitely not band 41 it would have been on the bottom rack with the Sprint gear.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I don't think that they are active yet. All the ones I've spotted I haven't connected to. The only band 41 you will connect to is the legacy clearwire sites.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's what I have noticed in Orange Park area.   The only towers I have found band 41 are the Sleepy Hollow Rd and Bowl America tower off Blanding.  One is Clearwire only one is a Clear/Sprint colo tower.  

A bunch of new 8T8R equipment has gone up around town, but nothing has been activated yet. Waiting for the B41 (8T8R) and B26/1x800 to go active on these towers (well most have B26 active that have the new equipment but the one at Parkridge needs to go active ASAP!!)

• Like 1

That's what I have noticed in Orange Park area. The only towers I have found band 41 are the Sleepy Hollow Rd and Bowl America tower off Blanding. One is Clearwire only one is a Clear/Sprint co tower.

A bunch of new 8T8R equipment has gone up around town, but nothing has been activated yet. Waiting for the B41 (8T8R) and B26/1x800 to go active on these towers

Where else have you spotted 88ers? I've only seen them on the westside and clay county.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I haven't spotted the first 88er in Jax proper, yet. That's not to say they aren't there, I just haven't seen my most used sites upgraded yet.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Can you link me to the thread on what ours are going to look like. I guess I could start checking around.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Can you link me to the thread on what ours are going to look like. I guess I could start checking around.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

What I do is pay attention to known network vision sites. Most sites here in Jacksonville has the legacy panels removed and only has the 1 NV panel with RRUs. Whenever a second panel is added its the Sprint band 41. Shorter panel than the NV panel with 1 RRU behind it.

Edit - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/IMG_4945.JPG

What I do is pay attention to known network vision sites. Most sites here in Jacksonville has the legacy panels removed and only has the 1 NV panel with RRUs. Whenever a second panel is added its the Sprint band 41. Shorter panel than the NV panel with 1 RRU behind it.

Edit - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/IMG_4945.JPG

You had to show the one blurry image I posted.  :)

S4GRU spotting guides for the equipment in our area

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6180-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-ericsson/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5657-how-to-spot-sprint-8t8r-td-lte-rrhs-nokia-solutions-networks/

Based on the photo above (middle array, antenna on the right), the equipment is 1 x Ericsson RRUS31 for Band 25 PCS1900  and 1 x RRUS11 for Band 26 800SMR connected to an RFS APXVERR18-C antenna.   I could never find product data for the specific antenna model but the APXVERR20X-C triple band is probably close.

http://www.rfsworld.com/WebSearchECat/datasheets/pdf/?q=APXVERR20X-C

The Nokia VBNFZHJ 8T8R for Band 41 2500MHz with the Andrew TTTT65AP-1XR antenna is the equipment to the left.

http://www.commscope.com/catalog/andrew/product_details.aspx?id=34916

• Like 2

I have almost identified the channel usage in the Jacksonville Market.   This may be old information to some, but I'm finally figuring this out.   Here are some FFT scans of the downlink channels from the Orange Park area.  Figured I'd share for those interested. 

Band 25 - PCS Block A5 & Block D - Sprint CDMA (7 x 1.25MHz channels)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/Band%2025%20-%20PCS%20A5%20%26%20PCS%20D.JPG

Band 25 - PCS Block G - Sprint LTE (1 x 5MHz channel)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/Band%2025%20-%20PCS%20G.JPG

Band 26 - ESMR  - Sprint CDMA (1 x 1.25MHz channel) & LTE (1 x 5MHz channel)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/Band%2026%20-%20800SMR.JPG

Band 41 - BRS/EBS (1 x 20 MHz channel)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106286908/Band%2041%20-%20BRS2500.JPG

I have not had my phone connect to all the 1.25MHz CDMA channels on Band 25, so I couldn't figure out which ones are being used for EVDO vs 1xRTT other than the 3 I indicated.  Sprint may also change some of these around in the market due to density of the cell site.

• Like 2

parents recently moved over by world golf village in st augustine.  i visited today and there is a tower right there and i get 5 bars.  it is B26 and no B41, but I got 30mbps download speed on a test earlier today.  if only i could get those speeds in my house in orlando

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes i know. I'm in very close promximity to this tower and never touched B41, even if its still using the old clearwire equipment. 

Yes i know. I'm in very close promximity to this tower and never touched B41, even if its still using the old clearwire equipment.

That's weird. I usually connect within a minute or two on my nexus 5.

Sent from my iPad mini

If you're on the iPhone 5 (judging based on your profile), it does not have B41 capabilities.  Iphone 6 and most Android devices Sprint sells supports B41.

If you're on the iPhone 5 (judging based on your profile), it does not have B41 capabilities. Iphone 6 and most Android devices Sprint sells supports B41.

iPhone 6. Switches between B25/26 a lot. Is it possible that there had to be a change made to my account to allow B41 connection, or is it strictly up to the handset?

Edited by Faction

iPhone 6. Switches between B25/26 a lot. Is it possible that there had to be a change made to my account to allow B41 connection, or is it strictly up to the handset?

I'm heading up to Atlanta in a few minutes.   I'm going to swing by the Normandy/Fouracre tower and check it out.  I'll post my findings/freq scan info tonight.  I have yet to see an 8T8R active for the ones installed in Orange Park, so I'm guessing it is not active yet.

• Like 1

I'm heading up to Atlanta in a few minutes. I'm going to swing by the Normandy/Fouracre tower and check it out. I'll post my findings/freq scan info tonight. I have yet to see an 8T8R active for the ones installed in Orange Park, so I'm guessing it is not active yet.

Awesome. This normandy/fouraker tower is the one I use the most. I just drove to other sites on the OP/NAS JAX area and was able to catch B41. But this tower normandy is suppose to be a colocation clear site and I'm not seeing any B41 from it, but everywhere else. Lemme know what you find. But even if the 8t8r equip isn't active yet, shouldn't the site still be broadcasting B41 on the old clear equip?

Edited by Faction

Awesome. This normandy/fouraker tower is the one I use the most. I just drove to other sites on the OP/NAS JAX area and was able to catch B41. But this tower normandy is suppose to be a colocation clear site and I'm not seeing any B41 from it, but everywhere else. Lemme know what you find. But even if the 8t8r equip isn't active yet, shouldn't the site still be broadcasting B41 on the old clear equip?

All the colocated sites I've seen with Sprint b41 is not broadcasting band 41 on clear gear.

I'm new to this Band 41 stuff so that's why I'm asking. If I'm getting B41, what equipment is being used to broadcast it?

Its OK I didn't get band 41 for a while on my N5 waiting on the firmware update for tri-band to work correctly. You can ask all the questions you want that's why we are here. If you are connecting to band 41 most likely its clear b41. I have yet to connect to sprint b41 and I drive past 3 known sprint installs daily.

Its OK I didn't get band 41 for a while on my N5 waiting on the firmware update for tri-band to work correctly. You can ask all the questions you want that's why we are here. If you are connecting to band 41 most likely its clear b41. I have yet to connect to sprint b41 and I drive past 3 known sprint installs daily.

So even though the tower I'm bitching about might be co-located with NV equip, it'll broadcast 25/26 but not 41?

Edited by Faction

So even though the tower I'm bitching about might be co-located with NV equip, it'll broadcast 25/26 but not 41?

Correct until Sprint and Nokia activate band 41 LTE you won't be able to connect. When it turns on though you will be in band 41 bliss. Also the new Sprint band 41 equipment will send band 41 signal further with the MIMO tech they are using.