Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Well, I have finally gotten to experience b41 for the first time today. (Thanks to SpenceSouth) Its definitely widespread in Jacksonville. In my testing I averaged around 35-40Mbits per sec on the DL and about 11Mbit on the UL.

I'm using the Nexus 5 on older build modem so seems like my device only connects when in a b25 low signal area. Which for me is great b41 seems to fill in the holes pretty good.

With this three layered network Sprint is sure to win in coverage and speed. I went to some other forums earlier and all I saw was complaints. They must have never visited s4gru.

:-)

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dope!

How were you able to connect to B41 with you Nexus 5? I didn't think it would connect without the Spark update? I was waiting to pick one up as soon as the N5 was Spark capable.

The G2 is on my radar, too.

Dope! How were you able to connect to B41 with you Nexus 5? I didn't think it would connect without the Spark update? I was waiting to pick one up as soon as the N5 was Spark capable.The G2 is on my radar, too.

B41 makes me want to sell my iphone and get an android device. But I am so enveloped in the apple ecosystem. Will just have to hold off with only two bands. Fortunately only the iphone 5s runs it, and spark devices... So exclusive b26 access for me when I need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dope! How were you able to connect to B41 with you Nexus 5? I didn't think it would connect without the Spark update? I was waiting to pick one up as soon as the N5 was Spark capable.The G2 is on my radar, too.

Flashed the older modem software. Also I had to enter into the epst and enable b41 and b26. I made sure that b41 was set to 1 priority.

You must have a custom recovery to flash radios.

Sent from my Nexus 5

B41 makes me want to sell my iphone and get an android device. But I am so enveloped in the apple ecosystem. Will just have to hold off with only two bands. Fortunately only the iphone 5s runs it, and spark devices... So exclusive b26 access for me when I need it!

Yeah, I'm heavily entrenched in the iPhone/Apple ecosystem as well. I was going to buy a Nexus 5 or LG G2 on the cheap from Swappa and use it as a second handset and switch between the iPhone and the Android phone. I was an Android guy before switching to the iPhone. I prefer ios to Android for most things, except for LTE hunting, Sensorly. Etc.

I just wish I could easily switch between the iPhone and Android phone using the sim only and not needing to call Sprint every time I want to switch them out. Maybe one day this will be the case.

I'm almost positive the iPhone 6 will be Tri-band and will probably have really good RF quality just like the iPhone 5/s/c. Until then, I will just rock both phones.

• Like 2

I'd wait for the iPhone if that's the ecosystem your in. Especially if apple is making the iPhone 6 with different screen sizes.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well my upgrade is next February. So by then I'm sure b41 will be everywhere here in Orlando, and a few major cities in Florida. So until then, I'm sticking with my 5s and just have to hope that it isn't picky when trying to connect to b26. I saw that the site I THOUGHT would get 800 isn't going to be getting it. So hoping the other one will provide enough propagation. Assuming it will, I should be just fine.

• Like 1

The site on the Edwards Waters College campus is active. I don't know if its accepted on the maps yet.

Also I've been enjoying b41 around town other carriers are going to have a hard time competing with Sprint.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/740056173

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 5

LTE for me is slow, my DL are slower than UL. I noticed this happens when my data usage during the billing cycle reaches around 5-7 GB. I'm beginning to feel like Sprint throttles. Pissing me off. I guarantee when my cycle starts in a few days...it will be back to normal. And it's not just isolated to the tower behind my house...everywhere else in Jax that I go...it's the same uniform problem.

DL never peak above 2.5

Pisses me off during this time of the month. Like I'm having an LTE period

LTE for me is slow, my DL are slower than UL. I noticed this happens when my data usage during the billing cycle reaches around 5-7 GB. I'm beginning to feel like Sprint throttles. Pissing me off. I guarantee when my cycle starts in a few days...it will be back to normal. And it's not just isolated to the tower behind my house...everywhere else in Jax that I go...it's the same uniform problem.

DL never peak above 2.5

They don't throttle.

DL never peak above 2.5

They don't throttle. Sprint only throttles video streaming to 1Mbps on My Way and Framily Plans. You are getting the maximum throughput available to you in these instances.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here's a shocker, this is down in Riverside today(St John's Ave, Riverside Ave, Oak St) this has always been a bad area for any provider. Good day.

Screenshot_2014-02-22-15-24-29.png

Screenshot_2014-02-22-15-24-24.png

Screenshot_2014-02-22-15-24-19.png

• Like 2

Across the street from the Track.

Just did the same 50 minute ago on my G2 set for 26 > 41 > 25, it's there, just wondering how permanent it is if it's on a COW 

Yeah, I'm heavily entrenched in the iPhone/Apple ecosystem as well. I was going to buy a Nexus 5 or LG G2 on the cheap from Swappa and use it as a second handset and switch between the iPhone and the Android phone. I was an Android guy before switching to the iPhone. I prefer ios to Android for most things, except for LTE hunting, Sensorly. Etc. I just wish I could easily switch between the iPhone and Android phone using the sim only and not needing to call Sprint every time I want to switch them out. Maybe one day this will be the case. I'm almost positive the iPhone 6 will be Tri-band and will probably have really good RF quality just like the iPhone 5/s/c. Until then, I will just rock both phones.

I, too, have both an iPhone and android (5s and g2). I get bored every now and then and swap phones. Sprint.com/activate takes less than 1 minute to do the switch. No phone calls needed. It's almost faster than swapping SIM cards.

• Like 1

I, too, have both an iPhone and android (5s and g2). I get bored every now and then and swap phones. Sprint.com/activate takes less than 1 minute to do the switch. No phone calls needed. It's almost faster than swapping SIM cards.

Unless you get a White N5 32GB. Sprint still doesn't recognize my device, so if I want to switch I have to call in. It seems the 16GB models and the Black 32GB are recognized in Sprint's system and can be swapped online.