Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Has anyone gotten the latest update for Samsung Galaxy SIII from Sprint. I cannot seem to get the update' date=' but my friends have gotten it.[/quote']

I still have not received the update yet, either.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I still have not received the update yet, either.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

You will receive it sometime before 8/13

Has anyone gotten the latest update for Samsung Galaxy SIII from Sprint. I cannot seem to get the update, but my friends have gotten it.

I got one update a while Ago...Is that the one or is there a new one out?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I got one update a while Ago...Is that the one or is there a new one out?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What does your phone say for Baseband version under Settings -> About device?

The update now being rolled out is L710VPLG8.

Have you noticed any increase in 3G speed after you applied the update?

That's hard to say. I just applied the update three days ago when I was out of town. A day later I did see some faster EVDO connections, but that might have been coincidental because of all the NV reconstruction going on in my area. But I don't know of any reason why the handset update, by itself, would be expected to improve 3G data speeds. It's really an LTE optimization thing, and there is no LTE in Austin yet.

That's hard to say. I just applied the update three days ago when I was out of town. A day later I did see some faster EVDO connections, but that might have been coincidental because of all the NV reconstruction going on in my area. But I don't know of any reason why the handset update, by itself, would be expected to improve 3G data speeds. It's really an LTE optimization thing, and there is no LTE in Austin yet.

I see. Thanks for the info.

Have you noticed any increase in 3G speed after you applied the update?

I haven't noticed any noticeable change in network speeds since mine updated over the weekend.

One nice change was the inclusion of a brightness control in the notification drop down screen.

post-2939-13442844865343_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GS3 on Tapatalk 2

Be nice if this will get past carriers quick enough!

Samsung said Jellybean its ready for public release and all that stands is Google's approval. And then of course the US carriers have to get their hands in it..

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57488091-85/samsung-working-on-android-4.1-update-for-galaxy-s-iii/

For those of you that use the calendar a good bit. Here is another way to navigate Month- week -day. I know you can two finger to bring up the side menu and select. You can also pinch to go down ie: month to week and unpinch to go up week to month.

I was wondering of anyone knows how to switch from different modes. The lte/cdma/evdo modes. I have the gs[3]

To enable or disable LTE, go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> Network Mode and select either CDMA or LTE/CDMA.

I am running the latest firmware update (LG8), which you also should be running if you want to connect to LTE reliably.

Do you know how to update it to the lg8 bc buried to update the firmware and there wast an update

It's not difficult to download the update file and apply it manually, especially if your phone is not rooted. Read this link at XDA,. The comments there also include a video tutorial by qbking77. Or this link at Android Central.

Anyone notice that their signal level gets "stuck"? For example, I'll notice my signal reading will stay at -xx dbm (even in debug screen) for an hour or more and the only way to "unstick" it is to make a call or toggle airplane mode. As soon as I do either, it's like a light switch and I can see the signal level start fluctuating slightly like it should when I move around my house. When it's stuck, I mean I can wrap the phone in foil and the signal reading won't change. Obviously, it chokes the actual signal, but Android doesn't seem to get the message. Running stock LG8 rooted.

Anyone notice that their signal level gets "stuck"? For example, I'll notice my signal reading will stay at -xx dbm (even in debug screen) for an hour or more and the only way to "unstick" it is to make a call or toggle airplane mode. As soon as I do either, it's like a light switch and I can see the signal level start fluctuating slightly like it should when I move around my house. When it's stuck, I mean I can wrap the phone in foil and the signal reading won't change. Obviously, it chokes the actual signal, but Android doesn't seem to get the message. Running stock LG8 rooted.

Are you talking about the LTE Engineering screen under the DEBUG menu? That is the only screen on the GS3 that shows the LTE signal level. In my brief experience, the last values reported for RSRP and RSRQ remain when the LTE connection is lost rather than resetting to 0 or null. They only change when a new LTE connection is obtained.

Are you talking about the LTE Engineering screen under the DEBUG menu? That is the only screen on the GS3 that shows the LTE signal level. In my brief experience, the last values reported for RSRP and RSRQ remain when the LTE connection is lost rather than resetting to 0 or null. They only change when a new LTE connection is obtained.

No, referring to 1x signal, sorry.

I might make a video of it.