Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Anyone having issues with dropped calls this week? I've had two in the last 24 hours

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

I have been on the phone a fair amount today and no dropped calls here in the Palatine area.

If I go for the GS5 Sport instead of the iPhone6 is it worth waiting for models that will be released with Android L?  I guess there is no clear indication that Android L will be released and available within the coming weeks, but I wonder if people here think its something worth holding out for if it means having it well before it would come via an OTA update.

If I go for the GS5 Sport instead of the iPhone6 is it worth waiting for models that will be released with Android L? I guess there is no clear indication that Android L will be released and available within the coming weeks, but I wonder if people here think its something worth holding out for if it means having it well before it would come via an OTA update.

I'd wait for the nexus 6 to be released before making the jump. It will be a next gen device, faster proc, better battery higher res, bigger screen, might even have CA support and most definitely android L.

Hopefully it actually makes it on sprint.

• Like 1

I'd wait for the nexus 6 to be released before making the jump. It will be a next gen device, faster proc, better battery higher res, bigger screen, might even have CA support and most definitely android L.

Hopefully it actually makes it on sprint.

Do u have any info on its release data?  I also see its rumored to be like a Note 4 size phablet though, that's not really my style.

Do u have any info on its release data?  I also see its rumored to be like a Note 4 size phablet though, that's not really my style.

it seems destined to be one of the bigger phones out there, (not quite as big as iphone 6+) So if your not good with Phablet type of phone's it might not be your first choice, but i'd still wait to see how this whole thing plays out. Its only a matter of time.

Here is some info to at least give you an idea.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/29/this-is-the-motorola-nexus-6-a-5-9-qhd-display-3200mah-battery-dual-front-facing-speakers-and-more/

Hopefully it'll come in a smaller 5" version as well. However, regardless of size, if it's anything like previous Nexus devices, it'll be a no-go for you (and me) because of the lack of expandable storage.

Hopefully it'll come in a smaller 5" version as well. However, regardless of size, if it's anything like previous Nexus devices, it'll be a no-go for you (and me) because of the lack of expandable storage.

Yeah expandable space is frowned upon by Google because of compatibility issues and also speed concerns, they are known to slow phones i/o down regardless whether used or not. 

Rumours are stating their will be 32gb and 64gb versions, so space should not be a concern.

Indeed, thats a deal breaker for me.  Well sort of, there has to be 64 or 128GB versions of the device available since I have 32 gb of music alone.

Indeed, thats a deal breaker for me.  Well sort of, there has to be 64 or 128GB versions of the device available since I have 32 gb of music alone.

You should consider using google music, just let it match your track's and just stream them, that has made having the music stored locally obsolete.

• Like 1

You should consider using google music, just let it match your track's and just stream them, that has made having the music stored locally obsolete.

I fly coast to coast every week now, and internationally a few times a year.  I tend to spend so much time where I need my music on my device without having a data connection (airplanes, subways, etc) to stream.  Thats why its a deal breaker for me.

• Like 2

I fly coast to coast every week now, and internationally a few times a year.  I tend to spend so much time where I need my music on my device without having a data connection (airplanes, subways, etc) to stream.  Thats why its a deal breaker for me.

Got you, you can still offline whole albums and playlist. But I could see how that would be limiting.

Got you, you can still offline whole albums and playlist. But I could see how that would be limiting.

Yeah, I know its prolly abnormal but I am much happier with my entire library available available at my fingertips without having to worry about access and quality of data connection.  The life of an int'l traveler and consulting.  Thats what makes the GS5 Sport looking like my top choice right now.  A 5" N6 or iPhone6 at 64GB would also work.  Also Android L looks pretty damn sweet.

iTunes match is great. I have my library in the cloud. And, if I'm flying or going to be without data, I pull certain playlists/albums locally. I guess it's the iPhone version of Google music. It also replaces low quality songs with a higher bitrate automatically. It's 24.99 a year. Not sure how much the Google equivalent is.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Yeah expandable space is frowned upon by Google because of compatibility issues and also speed concerns, they are known to slow phones i/o down regardless whether used or not. 

Rumours are stating their will be 32gb and 64gb versions, so space should not be a concern.

I partially blame the phone manufacturers for not properly implementing the UHS-I/II spec- that would definitely reduce, if not eliminate the difference in speed between internal and external flash. However, I don't notice the slower read/write speeds too much, as my card is usually used to store things like my music library (~50GB at last count, with only a few FLACs that I haven't converted yet to mp3), videos, and documents like e-books. I wouldn't mind for backups to go faster though. Most apps I leave on the internal flash to minimize any compatibility issues.

I could get by with 64GB internal + no microSD if I pared down my music library, but it's a nice time-saver to just copy the whole thing over along with everything else, and not have to worry about having to rely on mobile data and the "cloud." Android phones with 128GB built-in are slim to none, and would no doubt be overpriced even if readily available. I do hope those rumors about the Nexus 6 are correct, as it may help to raise the baseline amount of storage that other phones come with.

• Like 1

iTunes match is great. I have my library in the cloud. And, if I'm flying or going to be without data, I pull certain playlists/albums locally. I guess it's the iPhone version of Google music. It also replaces low quality songs with a higher bitrate automatically. It's 24.99 a year. Not sure how much the Google equivalent is.

Sent from my iPhone 6

The first 20k songs are free on Gmusic, I don't know after. I myself have about 9k tracks I've uploaded. But I do pay 10 bucks a month for unlimited music on they're service, which I love.

Another interesting thing is, as Sprint's LTE service has gotten more reliable and ubiquitous, I find myself using the offline track less and less.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon!! I am asking for everyone is in the chicago market for help, Tommy, kyle and I. We started a long over due chicagoland map to track gci's to help track the progress in chicagoland market. This is where I need your help, if you could send me your scp logs or location with a really really strong lte signal. This will help us fill in the map and track the progress.

Thank you for anything you can do, This is going to help save a lot of gas and time if we all work together on the data :-). Also as band 41 or 26 gets turned on. I will take that data too :)

Jon

How do u upload the log ?

I ran sensorly From Chicago to DeKalb .not sure if it was an error I was stuck on b41 from Warrenville all the way to peace Rd and Bethany in dekalb around 1.25 AM then signal check crashed .

How do u upload the log ?

I ran sensorly From Chicago to DeKalb .not sure if it was an error I was stuck on b41 from Warrenville all the way to peace Rd and Bethany in dekalb around 1.25 AM then signal check crashed .

There's an option to export the log right in signal check. Then just find it, and upload it to a cloud service like Dropbox and post the link to the file. As for the stuck band 41 display, that happens occasionally in that app. Always verify in your phone's engineering screen, or familiarize yourself with the Chicago market band 41 gci prefixes. They are: 00A/00B/087 for Chicago clear wire band 41, and 07F for Sprint band 41 (8t8r antenna mounted on a nv rack).

Sent from my iPhone 6

There's an option to export the log right in signal check. Then just find it, and upload it to a cloud service like Dropbox and post the link to the file. As for the stuck band 41 display, that happens occasionally in that app. Always verify in your phone's engineering screen, or familiarize yourself with the Chicago market band 41 gci prefixes. They are: 00A/00B/087 for Chicago clear wire band 41, and 07F for Sprint band 41 (8t8r antenna mounted on a nv rack).

Sent from my iPhone 6

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By6eLWPXYvsyZ2czRVpHWmdMVzQ/edit?usp=docslist_api.

Not sure if this works

The dropbox worked, the google one I need permission. Thanks for that, it filled in some sites. :D If you want you can always message me every time you do a fun trip like that :)

No problem [emoji4] .I'm going to Burbank,and bridgeview area next week.I think that whole area is covers with B41.Warrenville got a strong B41 too.