Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

So do the soxs, honestly the only good team we got now is the blackhawks. The bears will never win the super bowl with jay

Bears can win a super bowl with Cutler. As long as he can stay healthy; He's actually a great quarterback

Bears can win a super bowl with Cutler. As long as he can stay healthy; He's actually a great quarterback

I just want my Sprint phone to actually have usable service at Soldier Field during a game.  After that, then I will worry about the Bears run defense and Cutler's health issues.

I just want my Sprint phone to actually have usable service at Soldier Field during a game.  After that, then I will worry about the Bears run defense and Cutler's health issues.

I'm sure someone with a B41 enabled device would have somewhat usable connection at Soldier Field thanks to that active clearwire tower nearby ;').

But frankly you would probably need a DAS system to have any semblance of a working cell network when you're dealing with stadiums like that. 

• Like 1

I'm sure someone with a B41 enabled device would have somewhat usable connection at Soldier Field thanks to that active clearwire tower nearby ;').

But frankly you would probably need a DAS system to have any semblance of a working cell network when you're dealing with stadiums like that. 

sprint is tied into the das, sadly it still hasn't helped from what I heard. The last time I went, they were on not on the das. So I can't say

I just have never been a big fan of cutler, If he does help the bears win a super bowl in the next two years. I will upgrade someone of your pick to premier level. A win win for s4gru and that member :D

sprint is tied into the das, sadly it still hasn't helped from what I heard. The last time I went, they were on not on the das. So I can't say

Same, I had an awful experience there during that storm delayed game against the Ravens in November.  No way Sprint was hooked into the DAS system there as the NV Sites Complete map reports.  Everyone and their mother was on their phones during the delay, our Sprint devices were literally bricks, no service.  The others must have had access to the DAS because they were rocking and rolling with streaming other games and monitoring the radar.  The Bears won in OT, so the day ended well at least.

The clock on my phone has been jumping back and forth 1 hour since about 11pm. Anyone else? I read about this in another thread earlier today. It almost caused me to miss the blood moon that was cancelled by Chicago cloud cover :)

The clock on my phone has been jumping back and forth 1 hour since about 11pm. Anyone else? I read about this in another thread earlier today. It almost caused me to miss the blood moon that was cancelled by Chicago cloud cover :)

About a week ago I noticed my phone would start up with the incorrect time and then correct itself 10-15 minutes later.  Not sure if the issues are related.

This might sound like a dumb question but I'm no expert so I apologize in advance. In my office I usually get a weak LTE signal (2 bars) but sometimes my connection jumps to a 3G connection and all of the sudden I get 4-5 bars with the 3G signal. What does that mean? Does it mean I have a strong signal from an antenna which has not been converted to LTE yet?

Thanks!

This might sound like a dumb question but I'm no expert so I apologize in advance. In my office I usually get a weak LTE signal (2 bars) but sometimes my connection jumps to a 3G connection and all of the sudden I get 4-5 bars with the 3G signal. What does that mean? Does it mean I have a strong signal from an antenna which has not been converted to LTE yet?

Thanks!

Not necessarily, especially since you're in Chicago, a very mature market. More likely is that you're simply experiencing the increased fragility of the LTE airlink vs the 3G airlink.

I'd also advise you to get signalcheck to see real signal levels (bars lie) and to become a sponsor to know for sure where the towers near you are!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks!

I second that.  I use the signalcheck app, the paid version to monitor mine.  And I experience the same jumps between LTE and 3G like you, in my office building too.  Since I use the app I can tell when my LTE is fading, anything past -115dbM, I know the spots on my floor in and my building, then I watch it fall back to 3G.  The strength of my bars on 3G depends if my phone goes to 1XRTT (a 1900Mhz signal) or 1X800 (an 800mhz signal).  Again, the app displays the strength in dbM and that correlates to how many bars you see. 

Time for some moderation. I am going to clean up some posts. It's becoming political and the originating post has nothing to do with Chicago Network Vision. C'mon folks.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

When did these channels get used? I'm hitting a tower in North Hoffman Estates on my HTC one m7

evujyge5.jpg

Did you only see that in one place? How were your speeds? Keep an eye out. Now that I know the channel numbers, I will, too.

When did these channels get used? I'm hitting a tower in North Hoffman Estates on my HTC one m7

evujyge5.jpg

Nice spot, It is about time they finally start using the uscc spectrum . A lot of areas are slowing down in Chicago and they don't have 2600 tdd-lte turned on yet. I will have to keep a closer eye now in the areas I travel :)

Nice spot, It is about time they finally start using the uscc spectrum . A lot of areas are slowing down in Chicago and they don't have 2600 tdd-lte turned on yet. 

Not sure that's entirely true. Surely you've checked out the B41 maps in the Premier section?

Band 25 is still struggling during peak hours in NWI, especially in Griffith, and Cline ave around 80/94.image.jpg

We need that second PCS LTE carrier bad! It seems they've forgotten about us over here, I guess we get to wait now, since we were one of the first places with NV initially.

In other news, band 26 is still humming along at my mothers shop. I connected right away a few minutes after I walked inside. image.jpg

Yep. 26 is a guarantee now when I walk indoors at my office. I have yet to connect to it outdoors since the first night it came online. A little disheartening, but I'm sure things are still being worked out. I really need band 41 on an iPhone like yesterday. I've forced myself to "deal" with android devices just to experience awesome data speeds at work.