Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

Yeah, I missed that because the rest of the map is downlink spectrum. Does that mean there's only 15mhz of B41 or is there 30mhz total of B41 that can be deployed in a tdd configuration? Looking at the map, I tend to think the latter (where the map treats everything as an fdd deployment).

Did you read the article?  Or just look at the pictures?

;)

AJ

Yeah, I missed that because the rest of the map is downlink spectrum. Does that mean there's only 15mhz of B41 or is there 30mhz total of B41 that can be deployed in a tdd configuration? Looking at the map, I tend to think the latter (where the map treats everything as an fdd deployment).

A total of 15mhz. I like getting a straightforward answer when i ask a question as well ;).

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't know what numbers to look for. I was just shocked to see it. It must be on a different tower though because I didn't see B41 antennas on the lone LTE tower there.

Your best bet would be to go by signal strength. The stronger the signal the closer you are to the tower. Typically we suggest better than -80dBm signal to confirm location, at that signal strength you have a much better chance of visually inspecting the site unless its stealth.

I just don't know what numbers to look for. I was just shocked to see it. It must be on a different tower though because I didn't see B41 antennas on the lone LTE tower there.

It looks like there are two, potentially three sites with LTE in the area based on Sprint's coverage map. 

In Des Moines, IA  county (Burlington, IA), Sprint is licensed (as of 10/27/2016) for BRS 2496-2502, 2618-2640.5 MHz. 

EARFCN 40978 is centered at 2628 MHz (2618-2638 MHz) so it's possible for a single 20 MHz B41 carrier to exist. 

• Like 1

In Des Moines, IA  county (Burlington, IA), Sprint is licensed (as of 10/27/2016) for BRS 2496-2502, 2618-2640.5 MHz. 

EARFCN 40978 is centered at 2628 MHz (2618-2638 MHz) so it's possible for a single 20 MHz B41 carrier to exist. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure they've held that the whole time. We just didn't expect a city of about 25,000 to get band 41 any time soon.

Not that it matters much but I am seeing the 2nd carrier on more sites in CR the last few weeks, at first it was just a few now I'm seeing it quite a bit.  5x5 

Is this a glitch? Cedar Rapids isn't supposed to have the second carrier.
5b2fbd810cfd96b7047cbfc600d48bc1.jpg
93ec180f9fcac8b1c8d28f021a9d2669.jpg
e25ebefc0d42fa124a431943e05b8904.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, oneslimguy_83 said:

Found B41 in Davenport, IA... As soon as I can find out how to post a screenshot I will post to see if this is legit!

If you use the app Tapatalk, it should allow you to add images. Otherwise, upload them to another hosting site like imgur or photobucket and then embed the image here.

Done and done... Speed test ran and I'm a happy camper!!! Sprint must have did a spectrum swap with SpeedConnect??!!

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

If you use the app Tapatalk, it should allow you to add images. Otherwise, upload them to another hosting site like imgur or photobucket and then embed the image here