New York City Faster Speeds

Paynefanbro

Recently my speeds have been increasing and my ping has been lower significantly thanks to NV. These speeds were taken in Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn. The slowest speed that I got of .10 Down and .15 Up was on1xrtt. The reason I was on 1x was because I was in the basement of a church. Either way that is a good speed on 1x. I would like to see if any other people were receiving speeds like this at all.

• Like 3

I feel like when they make LTE go live in NYC, the only place you'll be able to find it is in Manhattan and in Downtown Brooklyn somewhere. However, when WiMax came out, I immediately got 4G service that only sped up over time whereas other people were complaining about how slow it was. I never experienced a WiMax speed lower than 8 Mbps. Then again I must be living in a sweet spot in Brooklyn.

Wow! I just got back to NYC yesterday from Europe and I immediately was able to detect the faster 3G speeds on my iPhone 4S. I was away for 5 weeks and it was not this fast before I left.

I live in Jamaica, Queens and I just did a speedtest and this is what I got:

Time: 9:01am

Ping: 95 ms

Download: 1.33 mbps

Upload: 1.12 mbps

I have not seeing speeds like that in a long time and it has been consistent all day. I'm loving it. So glad I decided to stick with Sprint.

• Like 4

I feel like when they make LTE go live in NYC' date=' the only place you'll be able to find it is in Manhattan and in Downtown Brooklyn somewhere. However, when WiMax came out, I immediately got 4G service that only sped up over time whereas other people were complaining about how slow it was. I never experienced a WiMax speed lower than 8 Mbps. Then again I must be living in a sweet spot in Brooklyn.[/quote']

The LTE deployment will be completely different than WiMax. LTE will be over the whole market when it launches. Spotty at first, getting more and more solid every week until the whole market is done.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

The LTE deployment will be completely different than WiMax. LTE will be over the whole market when it launches. Spotty at first, getting more and more solid every week until the whole market is done.

Thanks!

Seems like 3G is on it's way to recovery in the city.

I'll wait a few more months before jumping back into the Sprint pool(either directly or via prepaid/MVNO).

I would recommend switching back when LTE is released in here. Then you'll know for sure that you'll get fast speeds nearly everywhere you go.

In the Bronx I got proof of 16mbs on Wimax with my Photon! Here in the Bronx and Jamaica I have recieved 1.9mb both both my Photon, and SG III.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

Do you think Sprint will ever remove Unlimited data plans? I mean how would they be able to sustain constant network speeds when users are always going to be on the network, this is the main reason why Att and big red limited plans, so their networks don't always be at full capacity. I may be wrong but this is just my opinion what do you guys/gals think?

Do you think Sprint will ever remove Unlimited data plans? I mean how would they be able to sustain constant network speeds when users are always going to be on the network, this is the main reason why Att and big red limited plans, so their networks don't always be at full capacity. I may be wrong but this is just my opinion what do you guys/gals think?

I think that Sprint will try to keep the Unlimited Plan going for as long as possible. I think that if they don't keep it that they might start to lose customers.

Still getting good speeds in Jamaica, Queens. I just did the following speedtest:

Date: 8/10/12

Time: 6:58pm

Ping: 78ms

Download: 1.50mbps

Upload: 0.40 mnps

I am in the Bronx and these are my speeds, Were you always getting speeds like the ones you are getting now? Or were getting similar results as mines?

photo1.png

I am in the Bronx and these are my speeds, Were you always getting speeds like the ones you are getting now? Or were getting similar results as mines?

photo1.png

I used to get speeds like yours but on wednesday when I came back from Europe after a 5 week vacation, I noticed faster speeds right away. Sprint must've just done some capacity upgrades and data speed upgrades in my tower because after 3 days, I am still getting the same consistent speeds.

• Like 1

I used to get speeds like yours but on wednesday when I came back from Europe after a 5 week vacation, I noticed faster speeds right away. Sprint must've just done some capacity upgrades and data speed upgrades in my tower because after 3 days, I am still getting the same consistent speeds.

That is awesome news, I just can't wait to see speeds like yours. I will be so happy with my Sprint service!

photo1.png

Seems to me like you are on 1x. I never got speeds that low or a ping that high. I will be posting more speed test soon because yesterday I went to benihana and did a couple around there as well as in Brooklyn.

Seems to me like you are on 1x. I never got speeds that low or a ping that high. I will be posting more speed test soon because yesterday I went to benihana and did a couple around there as well as in Brooklyn.

If he was on 1x, the iPhone would show a little circle next to the Sprint name. It is very possible for him to have data speeds that slow. I have seen them on 3G where I live in Nevada before. Hopefully those temporary upgrades will come online soon and even Network Vision soon after.

• Like 3

On Sunday morning I was at the Dunkin Donuts on Queens Blvd, and got 1.99mbps down, was shocked and almost dropped my phone! :D

Hopefully not into the coffee, lol.

On Sunday morning I was at the Dunkin Donuts on Queens Blvd, and got 1.99mbps down, was shocked and almost dropped my phone! :D

Once, while I was in the city on 6th Avenue in lower Manhattan, I got 2.24 Mbps or so. I almost died when I saw that.