joshuam

Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Lol, quality Sprint advertising....

Wasn't that in Baywatch with Zac Efron in it too?

The Rock?!

Where/when did you see this?

On 2/16/2018 at 5:38 PM, Arysyn said:

I haven't heard much on the Tidal situation. What is Sprint TV? Is it similar to Go90? I remember back around 2005-2006-ish there were some tv packages Sprint had I didn't understand exactly what they were for, and if I'm recalling correctly Sprint's internet packages were a bit of a mess back then. I was in a few stores alot during that time talking with store staff who let me use their info helping people on HowardForums get into the SERO program. Yet, even the staff weren't aware fully of the differences between the internet plans back then, and as I was looking for service ahead of its time and needed to know exactly what was being offered to avoid the overage mess Verizon caused me back then, I didn't end up switching to Sprint. However, I still supported them by helping with the SERO referrals for awhile.

From way back when: https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1974126,00.asp

It’s been on Android for a while.

Sprint TV Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobitv.client.sprinttvng&hl=en

Here’s when it came to iOS (2012): https://9to5mac.com/2012/02/28/sprinttv-comes-to-iphone-bringing-abc-cbs-nbc-espn-disney-mtv-and-comedy-central-with-it

iOS App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sprinttv/id494686127?mt=8

I wonder what the future of Sprint TV is. It doesn’t seem to be getting any attention at all. Perhaps they’ll shut it down entirely after the HULU Live Upgrade is available for Sprint customers.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:46 AM, derrph said:

0e50e125c3a271070c462da00ab78a3b.jpg

I happened to come across this nugget. Based on the before images and looking at the completed sites map on here and the planned towers, it looks like Sprints coverage will look like the before pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy moly that's old.  Like 7+ years old.  Prior to LTE.  Who's pushing this as new???

Robert

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The Rock?!

Where/when did you see this?

It's from the recent Baywatch movie.

Ohio is  mostly covered even in the archaic map :lol: .  I remember when I got Sprint, there was no native coverage to my east.  My home site was the edge of Sprint's footprint in the mid 2000's.  The roaming was probably alltel.  Alltel built out here several years before the others.  Some of the towers have been around so long that they're painted red and white (still).  And yet a strobe was installed atop the local tower anyway once Verizon took over.  I guess they want to make absolutely sure planes don't crash into it.  :loco:

Ohio is  mostly covered even in the archaic map .  I remember when I got Sprint, there was no native coverage to my east.  My home site was the edge of Sprint's footprint in the mid 2000's.  The roaming was probably alltel.  Alltel built out here several years before the others.  Some of the towers have been around so long that they're painted red and white (still).  And yet a strobe was installed atop the local tower anyway once Verizon took over.  I guess they want to make absolutely sure planes don't crash into it.  :loco:

If only Sprint has bought Alltel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

If only Sprint has bought Alltel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Alltel's mostly rural coverage is what sunk them financially.  I don't think Sprint was in any position to acquire them at the time.