drlovety

Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

Why would you expect it to be? S4GRU's projected schedule as of today still shows Seattle as a Second Round market with an Anticipated Launch in May 2013.

I was overjoyed to see that list. If that isn't the biggest confirmation of our data, ever? I just remember all the arguments/discussions about so and so knows this market is actually starting early and that one. I specifically got a lot of flack about the South Bay/San Jose market. I held firm that the market isn't starting early and this was only related on some pre-deployment just for Apple.

Robert

• Like 1

Why would you expect it to be? S4GRU's projected schedule as of today still shows Seattle as a Second Round market with an Anticipated Launch in May 2013.

Puerto Rico is on there and they are anticipated in Feb 2013, also Robert had this article http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-305-seattlewest-washington-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/ where he thought it might be announced in the fall.

Puerto Rico is on there and they are anticipated in Feb 2013, also Robert had this article http://s4gru.com/ind...chedule-update/ where he thought it might be announced in the fall.

Yes, but Puerto Rico started months ago and Seattle has not even started yet. They still may announce Seattle some time this Fall, but it will not likely launch with any service before the end of the year. This new list from Sprint basically is their guess of communities that will have enough LTE service complete by the end of the year that they feel like they can promote it.

Robert

I usually get 1x at my house from these towers on Vashon and I was amazed to see a 3g signal. I checked netmonitor to see if there was a new tower around but it was my usual and hopefully former 1x towers. Is this a sign that something is getting started? And if I'm getting 3g from these towers, when lte is up, do you think it will reach me, I live down a pretty big hill?

post-3037-0-64148500-1348196494_thumb.png

Edited by tommy24

I usually get 1x at my house from these towers on Vashon and I was amazed to see a 3g signal. I checked netmonitor to see if there was a new tower around but it was my usual and hopefully former 1x towers. Is this a sign that something is getting started? And if I'm getting 3g from these towers, when lte is up, do you think it will reach me, I live down a pretty big hill?

You cannot rely on Netmonitor to show you towers directly without a master map of all the towers to inform your analysis. (There are many threads around this site explaining why.) The best place to find such a master map, showing almost all Sprint towers, is to become a Sponsor here at S4GRU.

• Like 1

Why are all these networks being started early and no love for west Washington, Seattle area, large user base big city microsoft, nintendo, amazon, starbucks lots of company headquarters and no love

• Like 1

We aren't scheduled to start installation in the Seattle/Tacoma area until December, so even if they start next month, it will be an early start... ;)

I know I know, I read all the articles I could find on the site, I just dont understand why they are starting markets early yet ones that should also start I feel ( key there) they should before others

I know I know, I read all the articles I could find on the site, I just dont understand why they are starting markets early yet ones that should also start I feel ( key there) they should before others
it might have to do with the planning involved in a large market (Seattle) vs. another small market. I would think that they haven't really delayed any markets as much as they are just taking on other ones earlier than thought, which is a good thing.

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

Why are all these networks being started early and no love for west Washington, Seattle area, large user base big city microsoft, nintendo, amazon, starbucks lots of company headquarters and no love

Maybe it is you. Seattle is home to so many techies who are so worried about LTE that the carriers are worried about satisfying Seattle. But if you would stop worrying so much about LTE then the carriers might stop being as worried.

So much worry...

AJ

• Like 1

its all good i respect your opinion as a techie yes i am worried about it i had the clear wire "4g" before and was great sense upgrading to the s3 ikinda miss is all

Maybe it is you. Seattle is home to so many techies who are so worried about LTE that the carriers are worried about satisfying Seattle. But if you would stop worrying so much about LTE then the carriers might stop being as worried.

So much worry...

AJ

I work in Seattle, I was just testing and now I see ehrpd instead of evdo

screenshot2012110510075.png

• Like 1

I work in Seattle, I was just testing and now I see ehrpd instead of evdo

screenshot2012110510075.png

where do you test this ? I live in dt and did see anything yet.

and 3g is horrible

where do you test this ? I live in dt and did see anything yet.

and 3g is horrible

it was pioneer square. (you could've put that latitude and longitude to find out too)

I commute to Seattle from Olympia everyday, I get ehrpd from around tacoma to Seattle,

I have GS3, make sure your phone is set to CDMA/LTE not just CDMA only.

Edited by dhlee528

Well, they are definitely working on SOMETHING in the Seattle metro area. I am seeing ehrpd on my phone now, and I ran a speed test in Kirkland this morning and got 1.5mbps download speeds on 3G (I was lucky to get .5 mpbs last week!) I also noticed that a significant dead zone (Market St. near downtown Kirkland) now has a full 5 bars where last week there were none or only one bar. I am VERY much looking forward to seeing LTE light up on my SGS III for the first time...and it looks like I wont have long to wait!

• Like 1

The only time ive seen anyone up in a sprint tower in my area is after hurricane sandy. Just about all of the nextel towers and or the other roaming network towers in my area were down for three days. I probably missed calls for job interviews, ebay sales notifications, and the whole 10 yards of information that seems to pile up in a three day period. lol

Since I saw a post of ehrpd, so I decided to do a speedtest, take into consideration I live in Burien down a long hill and guys with verizon lte don't get lte or a decent signal where I'm at.

Edit: I guess I reached my quota for uploading and I tried to edit it to 31k or less file and it looked horrible, but there's ehrpd in Burien, I'm gonna check a few other places tomorrow like downtown and N. Seattle.

Edited by tommy24

I check my phone's details every night, and last night at this time I was seeing EVDO, tonight it's eHRPD.

There have been a few random seeming changes in power and speed, to, indicating maybe someone is fiddling with things...

uploadfromtaptalk1352456047309.jpg

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

I think that sprints being silent with LTE deployment at this time because, well according to a rep i talked with over the phone, 3/4 of their towers are ready for construction to install LTE. Many of those towers are being worked on at the time,and the indication of eHRPD means construction is occuring at the cell site that is broadcasting eHRPD. Good news and bad news to that. The bad news is it doesnt entirely indicate a timeline for the rollout of the LTE newtork. The good news is that the first step to preparing the cell site for future LTE upgrades is completed.

I think that sprints being silent with LTE deployment at this time because' date=' well according to a rep i talked with over the phone, 3/4 of their towers are ready for construction to install LTE. Many of those towers are being worked on at the time,and the indication of eHRPD means construction is occuring at the cell site that is broadcasting eHRPD. Good news and bad news to that. The bad news is it doesnt entirely indicate a timeline for the rollout of the LTE newtork. The good news is that the first step to preparing the cell site for future LTE upgrades is completed.[/quote']

Glance does not tell them things like 3/4 are ready to be worked on. That sounds more like break room rumors being regurgitated to customers.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Glance does not tell them things like 3/4 are ready to be worked on. That sounds more like break room rumors being regurgitated to customers.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Hey now, without break room rumors, what would all of us do with our time???

• Like 1

Getting ehrpd from 1st and Seneca to Madison and Terry ave so far, but the speeds are horrible.

Edited by tommy24

Getting ehrpd from 1st and Seneca to Madison and Terry ave so far, but the speeds are horrible.

eHRPD should not be any faster than EVDO-A. It is exactly the same, only routing on the backhaul side is different. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/page__view__findpost__p__52976

Robert