Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Please explain to me what I'm seeing. I know some people post serving cells and it is multiple digits. I'm looking at mine and it is showing a serving cell with only two digits. I know this is from the 270 & 64 or 270 & Manchester just don't remember which screen shot it is. PLEASE THE NOOB!!!!

The first sector will be a number between 0 and 169, 2nd between 170 and 339, 3rd between 340 and 509. Sorry if the misnomer of "3-digit style" is confusing.

Please explain to me what I'm seeing. I know some people post serving cells and it is multiple digits. I'm looking at mine and it is showing a serving cell with only two digits. I know this is from the 270 & 64 or 270 & Manchester just don't remember which screen shot it is. PLEASE THE NOOB!!!!

HTC and Apple use a Hex code for the unique site/sector usually about 8 hex digits long (if you count the leading 0).\

Samsung use a typically 3 digit decimal number that also identifies the site/sector. There are only so many of them so I can see why Lilg740 prefers the Hex id's. Adjacent towers should not have the same 3 digit numbers.

The thing is the 3 digit numbers are not a shortened version of the big hex number, there is no way to convert the two. And with 38,000 sites there are going to be repeats. I said typically 3 digits because well some are 2 or maybe even 1 digit for a sector when you drop the leading zeros. They are numbered  like x, x+169, x+(169x2) so if the lowest number sector is 62 the other two will be 231 and  400.

If I understand the Hex id's right the first 6 digits will be the same for all the sectors and the last two will change so they just refer to them like 0561CExx for the example a couple posts back. Enough to ID the site and any of the sectors.

Lilg will correct any mistakes I made or confusion I may have caused I hope.

The first sector will be a number between 0 and 169, 2nd between 170 and 339, 3rd between 340 and 509. Sorry if the misnomer of "3-digit style" is confusing.

I over complicated it...  3 digit style better than Gangnam Style tho...  15 minutes of fame shot I think.

Bad Dave Bad... :td:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

I over complicated it...  3 digit style better than Gangnam Style tho...  15 minutes of fame shot I think.

Bad Dave Bad... :td:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

You are correct about there being duplicates. Like this one for instance. we already have one with 90 which is in Ferguson. Which I don't think with a signal in the -90's would be the right one. Also a 90 would mean that the site is generally somewhere south of the location, which he says he was on 270 between Ladue and Manchester. and we already have the SCIDs for the 2 accepted sites near there. Which is the reason I like HEX, because i can look them up in the cheat sheet because they correlate with the Site ID we can tell with 97% certainty which site it is with just that number.

HTC and Apple use a Hex code for the unique site/sector usually about 8 hex digits long (if you count the leading 0).\

Samsung use a typically 3 digit decimal number that also identifies the site/sector. There are only so many of them so I can see why Lilg740 prefers the Hex id's. Adjacent towers should not have the same 3 digit numbers.

The thing is the 3 digit numbers are not a shortened version of the big hex number, there is no way to convert the two. And with 38,000 sites there are going to be repeats. I said typically 3 digits because well some are 2 or maybe even 1 digit for a sector when you drop the leading zeros. They are numbered like x, x+169, x+(169x2) so if the lowest number sector is 62 the other two will be 231 and 400.

If I understand the Hex id's right the first 6 digits will be the same for all the sectors and the last two will change so they just refer to them like 0561CExx for the example a couple posts back. Enough to ID the site and any of the sectors.

Lilg will correct any mistakes I made or confusion I may have caused I hope.

Yes probably within the next month or two we are all going to wish we had an HTC only so we can see HEX instead of 3 digit style when a majority of STL is done. Ill say I had 90 and someone will say was that this one, that one or the one down the street.
  • Like 1

I will try to run by st. Chuck after work tomorrow. The screen shot I posted was across the street from the tower. The other 2 sectors were -74 and -87 dbm

Thanks. See if you get the mystery site at 70 and 370 if you go that way.

Do any mapping?

No sir.  I remembered about it just as I was exiting 270 south to go on 44 west so I got those screenshots and then continued on.  I will try to remember to fire up sensorly on the way to/from work tomorrow.

Can we get a map update before you turn in for the night, Jeremy?

I was waiting for the next report. The only thing that will change is Motherhead to a question mark icon. I try not to update it a lot at Fusion Tables still has a lot of bugs and half the time i update it it fails.

That does it I'm in Fenton all day tomorrow and on Soccer Park Rd in the evening hours. Gotta switch back to the Sprint LTE sim instead of Tmobile to try to use the 270/44 goodness. Maybe 141/44 will come on as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I was waiting for the next report. The only thing that will change is Motherhead to a question mark icon. I try not to update it a lot at Fusion Tables still has a lot of bugs and half the time i update it it fails.

ok. i added the numbers for 141 and carmen also. wonder if there is anything else we could use??

Report as in Acceptance??

So I tried checking and noticed on the google edition ROM I don't have scid...But I'm pretty sure Jung station is showing signs of 4g lifeSent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Does it show it as the 3 digit styles?

And if you saw 3 digit from Jungerman would the lower of the 3 have been 62?

So I tried checking and noticed on the google edition ROM I don't have scid... But I'm pretty sure Jung station is showing signs of 4g life Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Even with the newest version of SignalCheck Lite/Pro?