Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

What are the terms? I haven't heard anything changing.

Unlimited Data and Annual Upgrade Buy Up: Req. min.12 consecutive payments, new Installment Agreement, acct. in good standing, & give back of current eligible device in good & functional condition. After upgrade, remaining unbilled installment payments are waived. Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps.

This is from the Framily terms and conditions. I don't like this cause I stream a lot of videos. I can't get jiggy with this shit.

• Like 1

I think he may be worried about they reserved the right to limit streaming to 1 Mbps if needed.

Sent from my SPH-L900

And that is a issue for me. I do a lot of streaming. So to me it isn't true unlimited data if you are being throttle on video streaming. 

And that is a issue for me. I do a lot of streaming. So to me it isn't true unlimited data if you are being throttle on video streaming. 

They don't throttle all video streaming.  They throttle when the network conditions get to the point where they need to.  No one has reported being throttled yet.  And it is unlimited data.  You can consume as much as you want from your smartphone.  Even video streaming.

You know why Sprint is doing this, right?  Sprint offers unlimited smartphone data.  They don't offer unlimited tethering or hotspots.  Sprint (and no provider for that matter) cannot sustain people streaming to their televisions via the Sprint network.  So they had a choice...they could get rid of unlimited or they could make it so people who try to stream to their TV's will experience a slow down if they are impacting the network.  Video streaming consumes more than 2/3 of all the bandwidth on the Sprint network, and it was continuing to grow.

For the rest of us who don't violate the Sprint TOS and use unlimited on our smartphones only, we are glad that Sprint did this.  It allows us to keep unlimited, and it allows to watch streaming videos on our smartphones to our hearts content.  I don't know anyone with AT&T or Verizon who will even stream an hour long program to their phone because of how much data it will consume.  Yet, we can.  As much as we want.  But within the rules.

I like it.  I like it a lot.  :tu:

Robert

• Like 1

They don't throttle all video streaming.  They throttle when the network conditions get to the point where they need to.  No one has reported being throttled yet.  And it is unlimited data.  You can consume as much as you want from your smartphone.  Even video streaming.

You know why Sprint is doing this, right?  Sprint offers unlimited smartphone data.  They don't offer unlimited tethering or hotspots.  Sprint (and no provider for that matter) cannot sustain people streaming to their televisions via the Sprint network.  So they had a choice...they could get rid of unlimited or they could make it so people who try to stream to their TV's will experience a slow down if they are impacting the network.  Video streaming consumes more than 2/3 of all the bandwidth on the Sprint network, and it was continuing to grow.

For the rest of us who don't violate the Sprint TOS and use unlimited on our smartphones only, we are glad that Sprint did this.  It allows us to keep unlimited, and it allows to watch streaming videos on our smartphones to our hearts content.  I don't know anyone with AT&T or Verizon who will even stream an hour long program to their phone because of how much data it will consume.  Yet, we can.  As much as we want.  But within the rules.

I like it.  I like it a lot.   :tu:

Robert

Ok. Are you able to answer my other question I posted also?

Ok. Are you able to answer my other question I posted also?

I didn't see your other question, because I had started my response before you typed it.

Band 41 LTE on WiMax sites does not impact WiMax broadcasts.  WiMax should continue to work until Sprint decommissions the WiMax network at the end of 2015.  I will add this caveat though...Sprint added to its TOS last year that they reserve the ability to turn off WiMax early in certain areas if it needs to, and existing Smartphone WiMax customers will be turned off with only 30 days notice.  Customers with remaining contracts will be given a free LTE device though, if that happens.  Home WiMax users are not subject to a contract now and will not be given a new LTE device if this occurs.  Just disconnected.

So far, to date, every Sprint Band 41 LTE site deployed has kept WiMax in operation.  However, Sprint may feel that in some markets where they may have need for the WiMax spectrum, they may pull it early.

Robert

Edited by S4GRU
Added free device is for contract customers only
  • Like 1

I didn't see your other question, because I had started my response before you typed it.

Band 41 LTE on WiMax sites does not impact WiMax broadcasts.  WiMax should continue to work until Sprint decommissions the WiMax network at the end of 2015.  I will add this caveat though...Sprint added to its TOS last year that they reserve the ability to turn off WiMax early in certain areas if it needs to, and existing Smartphone WiMax customers will be turned off with only 30 days notice.  Customers with remaining contracts will be given a free LTE device though, if that happens.  Home WiMax users are not subject to a contract now and will not be given a new LTE device if this occurs.  Just disconnected.

So far, to date, every Sprint Band 41 LTE site deployed has kept WiMax in operation.  However, Sprint may feel that in some markets where they may have need for the WiMax spectrum, they may pull it early.

Robert

Thank you. I ask because my son's Photon (wi-max version) seems to be struggling in the St. Louis area connecting to it. 

Thank you. I ask because my son's Photon (wi-max version) seems to be struggling in the St. Louis area connecting to it. 

Is that a new issue, or has it always been that way? Killswitch doesn't seem to have any issues with WiMax in the STL market. 

Unlimited Data and Annual Upgrade Buy Up: Req. min.12 consecutive payments, new Installment Agreement, acct. in good standing, & give back of current eligible device in good & functional condition. After upgrade, remaining unbilled installment payments are waived. Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps.

This is from the Framily terms and conditions. I don't like this cause I stream a lot of videos. I can't get jiggy with this shit.

The line before the one you highlighted is what worries me more. I don't care about streaming or tethering.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The line before the one you highlighted is what worries me more. I don't care about streaming or tethering.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well they will force all of us off eventually I am sure.

Is that a new issue, or has it always been that way? Killswitch doesn't seem to have any issues with WiMax in the STL market.

When I personally had the phone it worked fine. Now it struggles to connect.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

My wife and I can no longer place a phone call at all when connected to tower NID 309 BID 25721 (z6479) with a -89db signal.  

Also cant seem to get any usable 3 or 4g in South county center anymore no mater how strong the signal is. 

We officially have our first 2 sites with 3G/4G and 800CDMA complete!

Hot dam! May be time to fill in the cc information on the Nexus 5 that's been in checkout for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Hot dam! May be time to fill in the cc information on the Nexus 5 that's been in checkout for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Remember, this is 800CDMA, which your Note 2 is already capable of.