Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

How do you like the N5?

Nice. Depending which model you got, that nearly breaks even.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Awesome phone. Very quick, nice screen, awesome RF performer, and the ability to swap between Sprint, AT&T, various MVNOs, and Tmobile on the fly is very nice.

I should have it by tomorrow unless UPS is still having issues. I just hope the signal picks up better inside buildings. My wife has an iPhone and I used it today and it worked so much better than the Galaxy S4 it was sickening. 

Not sure if I have a POS phone or if all the S4's on the Sprint network are crappy.

I should have it by tomorrow unless UPS is still having issues. I just hope the signal picks up better inside buildings. My wife has an iPhone and I used it today and it worked so much better than the Galaxy S4 it was sickening.

Not sure if I have a POS phone or if all the S4's on the Sprint network are crappy.

I really wonder if you just ended up with a bad one. I haven't actually owned one, but what I've heard is that it performed as good or better than the GS3 which had very good LTE reception. Not quite the Note, but good. The N5 has the best reception of any Sprint LTE smartphone out right now. Won't necessarily mean better speeds, but at least better coverage.

• Like 1

I really wonder if you just ended up with a bad one. I haven't actually owned one, but what I've heard is that it performed as good or better than the GS3 which had very good LTR reception. Not quite the Note, but good. The N5 has the best reception of any Sprint LTE smartphone out right now. Won't necessarily mean better speeds, but at least better coverage.

Typos galore!

Chicago has AT&T OF 800 MHz live if I remember right.

What are you talking about with AT&T, "OF," and 800 MHz?

AJ

I sold it to my Brother in Chicago and he said it has been working perfectly. He is a salesman and is in and out of building downtown and said so far - so good. That tells me it has to be the STL market isn't ready for LTE yet.

I really think you just managed to find the holes. With the exception of downtown, there are enough sites completed to at least provide outdoor coverage across the whole city. That's all that's required for launch. In fact, that's more than required for launch. And nowhere does any carrier claim to provide consistent indoor coverage. Expecting indoor coverage everywhere is unrealistic, for any carrier.

I really think you just managed o find the holes. With the exception of downtown, there are enough sites completed to at least provide outdoor coverage across the whole city. That's all that's required for launch. In fact, that's more than required for launch. And nowhere does any carrier claim to provide consistent indoor coverage. Expecting indoor coverage everywhere is unrealistic, for any carrier. 

Seriously? Wow.

Wow what?

I would expect to have voice coverage(at least 1x) everywhere. 3G data pretty much everywhere. LTE 1900 when the market is complete pretty much everywhere outdoors and indoors 50-50. LTE 800 should be a game changer though.

I would expect to have voice coverage(at least 1x) everywhere. 3G data pretty much everywhere. LTE 1900 when the market is complete pretty much everywhere outdoors and indoors 50-50. LTE 800 should be a game changer though.

That still doesn't change the fact that expecting indoor coverage everywhere is unrealistic for any carrier. The different types of building materials, distances from cell sites, frequencies used ... ect. make it impossible to provide ubiquitous coverage. The only guaranty made by any carrier is outdoor coverage.

That still doesn't change the fact that expecting indoor coverage everywhere is unrealistic for any carrier. The different types of building materials, distances from cell sites, frequencies used ... ect. make it impossible to provide ubiquitous coverage. The only guaranty made by any carrier is outdoor coverage.

Only time I have ever experienced no coverage outdoors is in rural Illinois out past Fosterburg and Brighton and north of there. And even then I roam on VZW and used to roam on USC. Indoors within Sprint Coverage areas the only time I don't service is inside the tin can of a wharehouse we have in Delhi, IL. In there I don't even get 1x unless I put my phone in the window in the office.