Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

If they can just get Downtown, the amphitheater/south of 94, and forest park area filled out, then it looks like they would have a nearly decent coverage for most of the stl metro area before winter sets in.

I fully expect Sprint to "launch" the St. Louis metro before winter. They've pretty much got the coverage to satisfy the 40% Pops coverage that seems to be the threshold, even though coverage is no where near complete yet. 

I fully expect Sprint to "launch" the St. Louis metro before winter. They've pretty much got the coverage to satisfy the 40% Pops coverage that seems to be the threshold, even though coverage is no where near complete yet. 

So what happens in that situation? Will the crews up and leave to go to another (warm-weather) market, and then have another wave of crews come through in the thaw of Spring?

So what happens in that situation? Will the crews up and leave to go to another (warm-weather) market, and then have another wave of crews come through in the thaw of Spring?

No, work continues. The "launch" isn't anything more than a press release. In every other market, after an area is "launched" work continues as if nothing has happened. 

No, work continues. The "launch" isn't anything more than a press release. In every other market, after an area is "launched" work continues as if nothing has happened.

The markets I follow locally saw a huge change after launch. I've seen the same thing in the small metro areas in the market as well. Once they launched one city it seemed the work stopped then another city was hit hard with tons of work till it launched. My city has had one RRU install since June and that was today. Still several legacy sites waiting. I have even watched VZW and Tmobile upgrade their stuff on a few of them. No permits required here for tower upgrades.

Seems like a lot of you guys are tech savy, so I have a question totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

I am looking for a solid router to replace an older one. I have several types of gear connected including laptops, DVRs and Smart TV's.

Price IS a concern. I need to stay less than $100.

Seems like a lot of you guys are tech savy, so I have a question totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

I am looking for a solid router to replace an older one. I have several types of gear connected including laptops, DVRs and Smart TV's.

Price IS a concern. I need to stay less than $100.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320038

Awesome router especially with one of the Tomato variant firmwares on it to kick in Multi SSID, VLANs, your own VPN for secure browsing while on public wifi, media storage, built in adblocking, you name it.  I had it for years until I upgraded to the RT-N66U.  I would recommend it as it has a faster processor, more memory, gigabit ports, onboard micro-sd slot for storage, 5ghz, etc.  I usually keep routers for years so spending another $70 on a router is a no-brainer as you get what you pay for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320091

I'll ask my own version of the question here, does ASUS make a good dual band 802.11 n router that operates on the DD-WRT firmware, or am I going to have to go higher on spending to get that? 

I'll ask my own version of the question here, does ASUS make a good dual band 802.11 n router that operates on the DD-WRT firmware, or am I going to have to go higher on spending to get that? 

I read a ton of reviews about routers and the Asus N66U is the badass on the block.

Unfortunately, it is still over $150.  I'm waiting for a deal to pop back into the 120's and I'll pull the trigger I think.

http://www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-N900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B006QB1RPY

The markets I follow locally saw a huge change after launch. I've seen the same thing in the small metro areas in the market as well. Once they launched one city it seemed the work stopped then another city was hit hard with tons of work till it launched. My city has had one RRU install since June and that was today. Still several legacy sites waiting. I have even watched VZW and Tmobile upgrade their stuff on a few of them. No permits required here for tower upgrades.

Forgive me. MOST markets saw no change after launch. I forget that your market is the worst of all Sprint markets ever.

unyme3e3.jpg

From the Sprint Store in Fairview Heights today. Not bad, about time I walked into a store and saw what Sprint 4G LTE was like.

That's the store i go to...its about 5 minutes from my house. How long did you have to wait for help? And is that a GNex?

That's the store i go to...its about 5 minutes from my house. How long did you have to wait for help? And is that a GNex?

That's a Moto X. It got almost full signal bars ( I know bars lie ) compared to the HTC One that could barely connect to LTE. The Moto X is a great RF performer.

For reference I tested speeds at T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. Here they are in order.

Posted Image

T-Mo

Posted Image

AT&T

Posted Image

Verizon

That appears to be coming from a site off Big Bend, just W. of 141.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I saw that on the sheet which makes sense with the signal this site shows in progress on the sheet so maybe a nice surprise. I went back to the 141/Carmen site crossing Bowles and back to 3G outside Maritz.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Forgive me. MOST markets saw no change after launch. I forget that your market is the worst of all Sprint markets ever.

You are forgiven and I never mentioned my market either but here you go and thanks for reminding me...

chart_5.png

Was it from EPC.? That is like a block from me and I have never been in it.

< nothing to see here, move along >

Dude, I work at EPC, you should go check it out sometime, tons of really nice equipment!  If you can't make it into the store, check out the website, deals.epcusa.com.  Also here is a 10% off coupon code if you find something you like, EPC400153.  Use it as many times as you like...anyone for that matter.

• Like 1