Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Me too. There are maps of the first markets to get 800LTE in the Premier Sponsor area.

I was just looking at that... I'm glad Chicago is getting some love. Hopefully it trickles down I-55 to the metro area.

I was just looking at that... I'm glad Chicago is getting some love. Hopefully it trickles down I-55 to the metro area.

I doubt it. I bet they follow the same path they took with NV 1.0 and screw St. Louis. 

I doubt it. I bet they follow the same path they took with NV 1.0 and screw St. Louis.

Awfully tempting to jump over to VZW for the next two years, then.

I'm guessing not just STL but the Missouri market in general.

Why don't you just jump over to Android? Get and LG G2 or the mystery budget Mini GS4?

I make a living designing apps for iOS; I can't abandon the ecosystem.

Or do something like Boost til the Tri-Bands are up and running....

I still have the MiFi Hotspot for when I absolutely need it -- it worked awesome at the Zoo and Busch Stadium picking up Band 41 LTE. Most other times, I'm covered by some sort of WiFi.

My big disappointment with the iPhone 5S was a lack of 802.11ac. I'm buying an Almond+ router when they drop ($99 for that sweet wireless ac action), and I would have liked to have had gadgets to take advantage of the tech.

OK, I think we have progress now. Here are some pics from 94/Mozarkite. Guy was on the tower and I'm 99% sure this is the new NV equipment going up. I'm also not getting any signal from there at the moment, im pulling it from another site farther away.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

Here is a little closer view:

DSCF0115.JPG

• Like 2

I don't think the Vinita Park tower is lite up. I drove near it and was getting nothing.

I was on it and got the 3 digit SCIDs and got the HEX the other night. I toggled airplane mode to verify I was hitting that tower.

I was on it and got the 3 digit SCIDs and got the HEX the other night. I toggled airplane mode to verify I was hitting that tower.

I wonder if it's not shut down now for some reason. I was close twice today and LTE was terrible (0.89 down/0.33 up). I was probably less than 1/4 mile away on Midland Blvd near the Library. 

Right now we only have scheduling info from Samsung markets, so we don't know where Ericsson or Alcatel Lucent are with 800 LTE.

SoftBank has made it clear that they want 800 LTE active on as many sites as possible, as quickly as possible, going as far as saying it should be active on every site upgraded thus far by the end of the year. Seeing as we have yet to see any 800 LTE activations, I don't know how realistic that plan is, but that means they won't wait around to start like they did with the first round of NV. Once a site is upgraded, it doesn't take much to activate 800 LTE, and it should go quickly.

And seeing how St. Louis is already seeing TD-LTE, I don't see how St. Louis is really in that bad of shape from this point out.

Right now we only have scheduling info from Samsung markets, so we don't know where Ericsson or Alcatel Lucent are with 800 LTE.

SoftBank has made it clear that they want 800 LTE active on as many sites as possible, as quickly as possible, going as far as saying it should be active on every site upgraded thus far by the end of the year. Seeing as we have yet to see any 800 LTE activations, I don't know how realistic that plan is, but that means they won't wait around to start like they did with the first round of NV. Once a site is upgraded, it doesn't take much to activate 800 LTE, and it should go quickly.

And seeing how St. Louis is already seeing TD-LTE, I don't see how St. Louis is really in that bad of shape from this point out.

I wasn't complaining about it....I was just sayin they did Chicago and Texas and Kansas City and threw MO to the 3rd round.

Vinita Park.

I also did some Sensory mapping in the area. 

Once you get 1/3 of a mile away or so the signal strength goes to crap pretty quickly.

So yes it is broadcasting LTE but the signal strength is terrible unless you are really close to the tower.

I wasn't complaining about it....I was just sayin they did Chicago and Texas and Kansas City and threw MO to the 3rd round.

Probably because they knew how hard permitting in St. Louis / St. Charles counties is :P

I mean, someone had to be first, someone had to be last. Where things were ordered just deepened on logistics rather than lets stick it to St. Louis and Phoenix....

The Kansas market was easy to deploy, and the home of Sprint, that makes sense. Texas makes sense, 3 of the largest markets in the US all in one spot. Chicago, 2nd US market... 

Missouri wasn't in the second round because the plans just weren't ready yet. Just the way it is. 800 won't follow the same schedule. Hopefully.

So we are seeing TD-LTE in STL but the only device released that can pick that up is the hotspot?  Correct me if I'm wrong but the LG G2 won't handle 2500 which is TD right?  So we're hanging waiting on handsets...