Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

The site at I-55/70 and US 40, southwest of Troy, IL  looks to be active in donut mode.  Got SCID's 157-326-495.  (I think those are a repeat of another site over in Lemay.)

Worst thing is that donut mode is preventing connection in places where we should be able to get a decent signal from another tower.  But I suppose that's why they call it donut mode.  I'm guessing most of the sites are going donut to test them out before they're accepted, then they switch it on for the rest of us.

Anyway, got some pics of the antennas/RRUs:

4rWdWRf.jpg

9hSoNCR.jpg

• Like 1

If only there was a way to trick doughnut mode towers into thinking you had a handoff.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

There is a handoff there. The problem is when you get handed off to the donut site LTE drops off because you got too far away from the broadcasting site and too close to the donut site. Even though there maybe another site that you could hand off too that was working. If you get greater than -95db then you will drop and it won't handoff to the next site.

There is a handoff there. The problem is when you get handed off to the donut site LTE drops off because you got too far away from the broadcasting site and too close to the donut site. Even though there maybe another site that you could hand off too that was working. If you get greater than -95db then you will drop and it won't handoff to the next site.

You can stay connected to the donut site if you are continuously using the connection.  I use 'ping google.com' in Terminal Emulator.  At the I-55/70 & US 40 site, I was even able to switch sectors and stay connected.  Of course this is purely academic, as one wouldn't want to use this method on a regular basis.  But it helps when investigating these sites.

You can stay connected to the donut site if you are continuously using the connection.  I use 'ping google.com' in Terminal Emulator.  At the I-55/70 & US 40 site, I was even able to switch sectors and stay connected.  Of course this is purely academic, as one wouldn't want to use this method on a regular basis.  But it helps when investigating these sites.

I can never seem to stay connected longer than a couple seconds.

I'm going to try and get the SCIDs for the Page/Skinker site. Also going to try and run by the Kingshighway sites also. I'm not sure of the exact sites on Kingshighway other then Natural Bridge and Kingshighway.