Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

I'm not sure. Since Sprint is calling it a prelaunch, it may not show up on coverage maps. They weren't shown on their coverage maps a few minutes ago. Other prelaunch areas that have LTE service like Wichita, Topeka, Lawrence, Wichita Falls, Fredericksburg, etc. are not shown on coverage maps.

Robert

Okay, cool thank you for the information.

I was on the Cape and Nantucket (la-dee-da!) from last Saturday until Wednesday.. didn't catch any whiffs of LTE anywhere, despite that leaked announcement promising coverage near Barnstable last week. For the record, I'm not a Cape Guy either.. lived here my entire life and didn't make it down until recently. I'm a Lake Guy.. vacations in NH. The ocean is too cold up here ;-)

I have been getting LTE in the area of Rts. 38/495 near the Lowell/Tewksbury line, but that's about it lately. Hoping to see a lot more signals after tomorrow.

I will continue mapping with Sensorly.. I'm also very close to releasing my own simple app that shows your 1X/EVDO/LTE signal strengths.. hoping S4GRU users will benefit from it. Stay tuned!

• Like 2

have any sites gone live in springfield, mass? the microphone on my evo lte doesnt work... took it into sprint he says it fine its the network! so havent been able to on the phone for 2 days ...

That sounds like BS - I would try taking it to another sprint store.

• Like 1

I was on the Cape and Nantucket (la-dee-da!) from last Saturday until Wednesday.. didn't catch any whiffs of LTE anywhere' date=' despite that leaked announcement promising coverage near Barnstable last week. [/quote']

What memo are you looking at? There was a memo promising coverage in Barnstable by the end of the year, but not immediately.

What memo are you looking at? There was a memo promising coverage in Barnstable by the end of the year, but not immediately.

The one posted by David279 earlier in this thread:

http://m.engadget.com/2012/09/13/sprint-flipping-the-lte-switch-in-boston-and-chicago/

It says LTE goes online around Barnstable on 9/12 and Eastern MA 9/21.

http://m.engadget.com/2012/09/13/sprint-flipping-the-lte-switch-in-boston-and-chicago/

But remember that though it says that it's going online on that town, depending where you live in the town and which towers they light up you may or may not be in that radius.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

http://m.engadget.co...on-and-chicago/

Ah, yes... I thought you were referring to the other memo. The one that said that 4G would be available by the end of the year. Once the cell sites are finished, they should be discoverable in Barnstable. My bad.

Looks like they haven't really done anything in Boston area so far, the only sites that are active right now are the ones that have been active previously, still 3g in all other places.

EDIT: 4G signal in Hancock, -75dBm signal strength, 203ms ping, 363kbps upload, 20kbps download, yay sprint.

Edited by bigfatdude

Looks like they haven't really done anything in Boston area so far' date=' the only sites that are active right now are the ones that have been active previously, still 3g in all other places.

EDIT: 4G signal in Hancock, -75dBm signal strength, 203ms ping, 363kbps upload, 20kbps download, yay sprint.[/quote']

Correct. The only thing happening today is sites that have already been completed will non longer be blocked. But this is a very good thing.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Looks like they haven't really done anything in Boston area so far, the only sites that are active right now are the ones that have been active previously, still 3g in all other places.

EDIT: 4G signal in Hancock, -75dBm signal strength, 203ms ping, 363kbps upload, 20kbps download, yay sprint.

Things are looking bad today.

In the back bay right now:

8009061590_b30413aeb5.jpg

I was busy with something, so I didn't do a speed test, but I was getting a 4G signal in the Hingham, MA shipyard last night, off of Route 3A. Coincidentally, or perhaps not, with my old EVO I used to get wimax 4G in that area as well.

Getting it pretty consistently in/around the State House in Boston.

• Like 1

Coincidentally' date=' or perhaps not, with my old EVO I used to get wimax 4G in that area as well.

[/quote']

Definitely a coincidence. WiMax was deployed by Clearwire and LTE by Sprint. Planned by different people, years apart. Two separate networks on different sites.

But thanks for the LTE sighting.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I didn't actually do the tracking, but I haven't seen the person who did update this post yet, not sure if they even know about this website.

Anyway, I saw on sensorly just now that somebody has picked up a fairly large LTE signal in Norwood on route 1 right near the Walpole mall area on the East Walpole line. There is a Sprint store right around that area, which is a corporate store, so maybe they got a tower on their store turned on today.

Also the Franklin, Ma sprint store 456 West Central Street has an LTE tower at their store as of today.