Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

I work in Jamaica Plain, and just had an update from ICS to Jelly Bean pushed out to my Galaxy Nexus. Then saw a 4G pop up for the first time, don't know if it has been here all the time, or if 4G was just switched on with the upgrade. Speed Test confirms:7peb5.png

I did this test while walking down Somerset Street heading toward Bowdoin Station on Cambridge Street. Still nothing on Beacon Hill though.

7980793555_fdb1491e1f_c.jpg

I also picked up a signal a couple times along Meridian Street in East Boston which is interesting because I usually have terrible reception on that street.

I did this test while walking down Somerset Street heading toward Bowdoin Station on Cambridge Street. Still nothing on Beacon Hill though.

Beacon Hill's site hasn't been upgraded yet (located on top of whole foods, flat against the building). Seems like they have been working on it, they had a crane out over the weekend - looked like they were hauling up some new cabinets. Just waiting on new antennas and we'll be cookin.

Here is what I am getting inside my building on corner of State and Congress (facing southeast), signal strength RSRP -113 RSRQ -11

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That gives me hope that my home in Nevada will have usable LTE speeds when they finally finish Network Vision.

I'm on Washington Street, Downtown Crossing at the moment and LTE is active. This is exciting!

ETA: Went about as far as Chelsea Street in Charlestown before switching back to 3G.

Edited by elena
  • Like 1

New Bedford, MA yesterday. RT 140 and RT 6.

Bobby any news around RT 6 in Wareham? I see the tower as complete, but two weeks ago I wasn't even getting network vision speed, never mind LTE. I am talking RT 6 around 195 connector and twords Rose Point

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bobby any news around RT 6 in Wareham? I see the tower as complete, but two weeks ago I wasn't even getting network vision speed, never mind LTE. I am talking RT 6 around 195 connector and twords Rose Point

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No I dont know sorry, but did you see the post above yours? By 9-21 all completed towers should hopefully be turned on for use.

Bobby

Are any of you Boston folks having to do any of the network change setting in the phone that the Atlanta people had to do when launch happened, or is it picking right up when you get in an area..
What changes you guys had to do?

Edited by megabiteg

Some people in the initial roll out cities had to toggle the network setting from CDMA to CDMA.LTE or something like that. to get LTE to connect. Actually, now that I think about it, it may have only been EVO LTE owners.

Some people in the initial roll out cities had to toggle the network setting from CDMA to CDMA.LTE or something like that. to get LTE to connect. Actually, now that I think about it, it may have only been EVO LTE owners.

Oh, well lots of people manually set their phones to CDMA only because they thought they they would get better battery life and signal strength by doing so. That's why when they lit up LTE in your area they had to switch back, because they had disabled the radio.

How do i get to the Debug lte menu? Whats numbers do i need to type?

Go into your telephone dialer. Enter ##DEBUG#, and your Debug menu will open. Then select LTE Engineering. The RSRP is the actual LTE signal strength.

• Less than -96dBm is a great signal
  • Between -97dBm and -107dBm is good
  • Between -108dBm and -114dBm is fair
  • More than -115dBm is poor

Robert

• Like 1

Picked up LTE tonight in Watertown. Grove Street heading towards the river / Cambridge. Almost 8mb down. 2.8mb up. Also, down by the Garden/North Station. Only 2.8mb down, 1mb up. Either way, I'm excited!

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Picked up LTE tonight in Watertown. Grove Street heading towards the river / Cambridge. Almost 8mb down. 2.8mb up. Also, down by the Garden/North Station. Only 2.8mb down, 1mb up. Either way, I'm excited!

Nice thats great news I'm in Waltham. Now if only the city council would grant sprint the permits.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

There is barely signal there. You are connecting to a tower over by quincy market, that's why speed is so slow.