HTC EVO 4G LTE for Sprint review -- Engadget

cletus

As a Sprint customer with no intentions of changing carriers but with every intention of changing my device, this is the quote that speaks to me;

In fact, we dare say that it's the best Android smartphone you can get on the network.

I rarely even turn on the 4G radio in my OG EVO so it won't matter to me that LTE isn't up in my area now.

• Like 1

Looking foward to the HD voice review

I agree. To me this is better news than faster processors or faster download max speeds on networks. I don't own a landline and unlike many people actually use my smartphone as a phone. I hate the low voice quality over cellphones and I am really excited for this to become something more standard in the market.

If I am not mistaken, unless the person you are calling has an HD voice capable phone as well you will not notice any difference.

I think twospirits reported from a Sprint event that the sound quality was excellent. The post is somewhere on the site.

Source: http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=10404

For the near future, it will only work between two Sprint HD Voice phones, and only on parts of the network that support CDMA 1x

Looks like there on a femtocell as well during that review. New Orleans speeds and signal are decent nut not solid like that. That phone never came off full signal.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad Cartridge

If I am not mistaken, unless the person you are calling has an HD voice capable phone as well you will not notice any difference.

I think twospirits reported from a Sprint event that the sound quality was excellent. The post is somewhere on the site.

Yup. My wife and I are both on Sprint as are most of my coworkers (employee discount) so it will be a really good change if this rolls out to all new sprint smartphones.

HD voice requires 2 Hd voice capable handsets. The feature is not yet supported, on sprints network it is a future upgrade coming to sprints network

It seems like an OK review, but I have a problem with writing a full review of a phone when they have had it for less than 24 hours. I put a lot more stock in reviews from people that actually use the phone for an extended period of time. I am looking forward to better reviews in the next week or so.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

Sprint seems to have made one PR mistake here: they knew CTIA was in New Orleans; surely they could have prodded Ericsson to get LTE up and running at least in the most-frequented parts of Orleans and Jefferson parishes (basically, from the airport to the Industrial Canal on the north/east bank of the river back to the lake). If they had, Engadget wouldn't be whining about the lack of LTE because (let's face it) they, like most "pop" tech sites and reviewers, don't keep up with anything that doesn't show up in a press release or in a shiny box.

• Like 6

Engadget has some of the most inconsistent reviewers ever. I just don't understand that site at times, not to mention if you call them out on anything you'll probably get banned.

• Like 2

Sprint seems to have made one PR mistake here: they knew CTIA was in New Orleans; surely they could have prodded Ericsson to get LTE up and running at least in the most-frequented parts of Orleans and Jefferson parishes (basically, from the airport to the Industrial Canal on the north/east bank of the river back to the lake). If they had, Engadget wouldn't be whining about the lack of LTE because (let's face it) they, like most "pop" tech sites and reviewers, don't keep up with anything that doesn't show up in a press release or in a shiny box.

I completely agree. What a missed opportunity. They could have even at least set up LTE COW's.

Robert

• Like 2

I completely agree. What a missed opportunity. They could have even at least set up LTE COW's.

Robert

I wondered the same thing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Not surprising since they did not do it at the unveil in NYC.

Not surprising since they did not do it at the unveil in NYC.

Yes. However, the NYC unveil was only announced a few weeks in advance. CTIA was known a long, long time in advance. Like, as they were making initial NV/LTE plans. Summer 2011 they didn't know when/where they would announce a new EVO LTE. But they did know where CTIA was going to be.

Robert

• Like 1

Engadget has some of the most inconsistent reviewers ever. I just don't understand that site at times, not to mention if you call them out on anything you'll probably get banned.

That dude with the friggin shaved head and little bit of gapped hair on top was horrible. Looked like they dragged him off Bourbon st at 6am! I couldn't believe they had him interviewing. If I was that sprint guy I would have laughed and kicked the guy out and said nice joke, where's the real interviewer.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

That dude with the friggin shaved head and little bit of gapped hair on top was horrible. Looked like they dragged him off Bourbon st at 6am! I couldn't believe they had him interviewing. If I was that sprint guy I would have laughed and kicked the guy out and said nice joke, where's the real interviewer.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really want to know what so damn funny(and sad at the same time actually) about what you said?

That "dude" is actually a girl. LOL, I am dead serious, go look it up.

• Like 1

You really want to know what so damn funny(and sad at the same time actually) about what you said?

I watched that video and said thats one freaky looking dude. Now I just don't know what to think lol

No way...that's a dude all day that they got out of the bar on bourbon st playing death metal.

No way...that's a dude all day that they got out of the bar on bourbon st playing death metal.

LOL, trust me bro he is a she. Her name is Myriam Joire, look it up.

This is typical engadget. The review is just about worthless.

I'll wait for someone like anandtech to review it, which actually uses objective, repeatable review criteria so you can compare it to other phones on the market.

Great...now you all are going to get S4GRU shut down for hate speech. The thought police are coming. :lol:

Seriously though, I can see why you guys may confuse gender in this example. However, now that we have confirmed that Miriam is indeed female, lets not get personal. Thanks!

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 4