Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I had to call tech support tonight because my service was working ìntermittenly throughout the day. The tech said three towers in the Bennett area are down and the repairs should be completed by weds (01/08/2014) around 5pm. She also said the Bennett tower is scheduled to go live LTE by January 12 and it sounded like some of the other towers in the area should go live too. She said a tower in Elizabeth on County Road 17 is live LTE but Ihave not been able to recieve the signal.

Has anyone noticed a change?

I was told about a month ago the Denver market should be completed by Feb 2014.

She said there was a trouble ticket for the tower outage and that I could view the progress online. Does anyone know how to check the status of the trouble tickets?

Saw some LTE today, Quebec and I70 and East... Along Parker Rd too. Did we findly come online? Or testing?

I would guess that both sites are pretty close to live.

I had to call tech support tonight because my service was working ìntermittenly throughout the day. The tech said three towers in the Bennett area are down and the repairs should be completed by weds (01/08/2014) around 5pm. She also said the Bennett tower is scheduled to go live LTE by January 12 and it sounded like some of the other towers in the area should go live too. She said a tower in Elizabeth on County Road 17 is live LTE but Ihave not been able to recieve the signal. Has anyone noticed a change? I was told about a month ago the Denver market should be completed by Feb 2014. She said there was a trouble ticket for the tower outage and that I could view the progress online. Does anyone know how to check the status of the trouble tickets?

Aren't microwave chains fun?

As far as I know, you should be going live very soon, the microwave issues are actually a good sign. 

I don't think there is a way to check status on tickets for the public. Even if I were to look it up I would only be able to see if it is complete or not. I wouldn't be able to get a status update.

Merlin,

Maybe you could shed some light on this. I have wonder why the NV upgrades seem to have started outside of Denver and seem to be working there way in, instead of starting with the city and working it's way out into rural areas?

Hey Crimson,

It's path of least resistance, it's typically easier to get permits and easy access to those sites so they upgrade them while waiting for a green light to get to the tougher ones.

It's connected to the tri county health building for Adams county I think

Oh, I know that building, it's by O'Meara Ford. That's not a sprint tower, if you were getting LTE it was from one across I25 in that area.

Oh ok. I know there is Sprint on the wells Fargo building just north of 104th and the only other tower I know that is Sprint is the one off of grant that yes is lte but when I connect to lte by o meara it's short lived. The one off of grant I'm connected a little longer but I have to force it. I did see fiber sitting next to a tower off 120th and around Claude st.that's a good sign.

I can't figure out what tower I connect to when I'm I on 104th and Huron area. Signal finder can't find it. Signal pro is much better for that area. So if you know anything let me know please.

I think that is the tower on 99th Grant near the Sam's club or the one near 104th and Irma. It's a really weak signal at 104th Huron. You go any further west, it usually falls back to 3G.

I saw a hit on sensorly at 104th and Federal, but.. I can't ever pick that one up. 

But the hits I got on 104th and federal are from that tower there which is a clearwire tower and I believe the tower off 112th. The tower on 92 and federal I get 800 but no lte. I love like half mile away from the 104th and federal tower but at home I get the tower on 92. Which is allot farther. Don't understand that. But I do get band 41 on the 104th and federal.

I'm looking forward to getting some LTE at work over at the IBM plant on highway 52 and diagonal. I'm dying for LTE up that way. Driving home, I am streaming iTunes Radio or google music. It's almost impossible.

Than of course I have that jerk friend who runs a speed test on their verizon phone.

I've check the sponsor forums, shows both the towers nearby as in progress. I wonder how far they are though?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

But the hits I got on 104th and federal are from that tower there which is a clearwire tower and I believe the tower off 112th. The tower on 92 and federal I get 800 but no lte. I love like half mile away from the 104th and federal tower but at home I get the tower on 92. Which is allot farther. Don't understand that. But I do get band 41 on the 104th and federal.

You shouldn't be getting LTE from the clearwire towers until the update comes out for your G2 to turn it into tri-band. Clearwire does have panels mounted on that Wells Fargo off of Huron, but I've gotten LTE from the Sprint Grant tower in that area. 

I enabled band 41 on my g2. So you think the wells Fargo tower is not lte? It's hard to tell what tower in get it from besides the grant one. I do get hits up off 144th and 160th. :) just doesn't stay connected that long. How far do think r the lte signal travels from the grant tower? There seems to be more clear wire towers than Sprint. Tell me if I'm wrong. Looks like with out clear wire Sprint would have barely any coverage.

You shouldn't be getting LTE from the clearwire towers until the update comes out for your G2 to turn it into tri-band. Clearwire does have panels mounted on that Wells Fargo off of Huron, but I've gotten LTE from the Sprint Grant tower in that area. 

It's very possible to get Band 41 with the G2 under the right conditions. It doesn't always connect if there is a Band 25 signal present, but seeing as there isn't a whole lot of that yet, it shouldn't be too hard to get a G2 to connect to Band 41. You just have to enable Band 41 in your settings, and you may have to switch to LTE Only if there are eCSFB issues.

I enabled band 41 on my g2. So you think the wells Fargo tower is not lte? It's hard to tell what tower in get it from besides the grant one. I do get hits up off 144th and 160th. :) just doesn't stay connected that long. How far do think r the lte signal travels from the grant tower? There seems to be more clear wire towers than Sprint. Tell me if I'm wrong. Looks like with out clear wire Sprint would have barely any coverage.

Sprint has far more sites  than Clear does, they just don't have LTE active yet. One Sprint's towers are accepted with LTE and go live, you'll see. You are also a Sponsor, surely you have checked out the Sponsor maps. That would clear it right up for you.

I would think they did. I have seen the maps but they seem inaccurate or I'm just not dumb. But anyways I'm just really anxious for it.

You've checked this map out?

There's nothing inaccurate about our maps.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/600-network-vision-site-map-colorado-utah-and-idaho-markets/

• Like 1

Does your G2 ever connect to LTE on its own around Denver metro, without cycling airplane mode or data settings?

I have a G2 also and almost always have to cycle to get any 4G connections around Aurora & Centennial.  The 4G connections only last 20-30 seconds and based on LTE Engineering screen, are Band 41.  

Yes the maps are correct. I was dumb. I assumed if I got a signal else where that the map didn't show that it was wrong. That is my bad and I feel like an idiot. Also a few weeks ago at 104th and I25 I connected to lte and it stayed the whole time I was Denny's. Go to sensorly and you can see my speed test. Your right I only connect got a few seconds in most areas. There are some instances that it stays for a few minutes. Anyways I'm just getting a anxious like everyone. I was never able to get wimax at my house or really any where and then Sprint says wet going to lte. Thanks again. Keep in touch. I can learn allot from you

• Like 1

Look at the Clearwire map in the sponsor section, it's def LTE and you will be able to see all of the other Clearwire towers as well, this map is separate from the Sprint LTE map.

• Like 1