Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Anyone in a clearwire wimax market absolutely should get a triband device no matter what to take advantage of the TD-LTE network that is being rapidly deployed all across the nation over existing wimax sites. 

To this point, from what I have seen thus far it appears that the Nexus 5 will be tri-band, am I correct in making this statement?

To this point, from what I have seen thus far it appears that the Nexus 5 will be tri-band, am I correct in making this statement?

I'm sure you've seen this: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-351-teaser-is-the-lg-d820-the-nexus-5/

I was in the Note 3 boat, but no tri-band=no sale. Not sure what I'm looking at now. I'm eligible in April. The Megalith is probably too big, but it is a possibility I suppose, as is the Nexus 5 if it truly is tri-band.

• Like 2

It would be a hardware limitation, so it will never see LTE 41.

Look at Sensorly.com (or the app) for good real-world coverage maps. Also, Sprint does have a trial period. You could always sign up and see how the service is where you need it. Not sure how porting works if you were to decide to go back to ATT, though.

I believe Sprint stated not too long ago that they were not going to drop unlimited data in the foreseeable future. I'm thinking a few years at minimum. They will probably see how their subscriber base is after NV 2.0 and how their network is holding up and evaluate it then.

Would you happen to know if Sprint will be adding any new towers in different areas as part of the network vision rollout , or are they just replacing equipment on the current towers?

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

I'm sure you've seen this: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-351-teaser-is-the-lg-d820-the-nexus-5/

I was in the Note 3 boat, but no tri-band=no sale. Not sure what I'm looking at now. I'm eligible in April. The Megalith is probably too big, but it is a possibility I suppose, as is the Nexus 5 if it truly is tri-band.

I had seen that and guess just missed the band 41 at the bottom.

If this is the Nexus 5 and pricing is at all similar to Nexus 4 pricing, I am upgrading my phone early.  I will sell my current Optimus G and just upgrade off contract.  Of course, it it's priced more similarly to the Moto X then there is no chance I will upgrade for some time yet.

So with Apple not using band 41, that couldn't have been an oversight. Why wouldn't they have put that in?

Wouldn't that make alot of Sprint users not upgrade to the 5s?

Sent from me phone

your average Sprint user is going to have no idea about bands and what phones have which bands.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Is that a big deal to add that to a phones hardware?

Sent from me phone

It's Apple. They are very conservative when it comes to adding radio tech to the phones. Consider that there was no certainty that Sprint would even be able to close the Clearwire deal while some of the recently announced devices were in design, so it makes sense that the manufacturers would have only used the bands that they knew for certain would be used with Sprint's variant. Now that the whole band dilemma is solved, I would expect just about every forthcoming device to be tri-band capable.

I suppose that Apple and even Samsung could have included 800 LTE at the very least since I don't think that slice of spectrum was ever dependent upon any deal that Sprint was working on over the last year plus, correct? 

I don't know why, but I'm set on the 5S. Well I would luv a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone device but it doesn't look like that will be coming to Sprint...are there no plans to add bands 25/26 LTE to the Denver area? At least within the next 6 months?

You may wait and see what the upcoming tri-band phones offer and then compare. You should be fine waiting a few months as that will give Sprint a chance to turn more LTE towers on. During the transition the network can be a bit funky at times. 

I too was ready to buy the Note 3 but without tri-band it is off my list. Now I have to figure out what I want. It is time to get run away from my Duramax...I absolutely hate that phone. The V950 was so much better. Just wish Sprint had an updated version with 800. Kyocera phones are no replacement for what Motorola put out in the past.

I suppose that Apple and even Samsung could have included 800 LTE at the very least since I don't think that slice of spectrum was ever dependent upon any deal that Sprint was working on over the last year plus, correct? 

I think the iPhone 5 has LTE 800 but the Note 3 does not. 800 had to be cleared of iDEN and approved for LTE and CDMA use. Since iDEN was turned off at the end of June Samsung may not have envisioned LTE 800 rolling out too terribly fast. Now that all bands are being turned on simultaneously I think that was a bit shortsighted if that was the thought. There is no reason that all phones released now are not at the very least dual band. Next year they can do the tri-band but dual band could have been a stop gap. If the Note 3 was dual band I would still be considering it.

Would you happen to know if Sprint will be adding any new towers in different areas as part of the network vision rollout , or are they just replacing equipment on the current towers?

Sprint is not adding any additional sites as part of Network Vision specifically. They are always adding sites, as planned out in the last several years. Sometimes in step with Network Vision, sometimes not. 1 or 2 new sites go online each month across the country. So it's possible they may add a site here or there, but no massive expansion is planned for the foreseeable future.

When Sprint finalizes it Band 41 nationwide expansion plans, you may see more Sprint sites popping up filling in holes and expanding to recently built up areas. 

I have now lost phone service at my house in Broomfield for the last 5 days.  I get voice-mails from people and I'm getting text messages  2 or 3 hours later.  I've updated my profile, my prl, I've called Sprint and they don't know whats going on.  Wife's phone is doing the same thing.  I've put up with a lot of jokes and crappy service the last couple years but its never been this bad.  I would call and bitch out Sprint tonight but I have to walk a half a mile to call them. 

• Like 1

I have now lost phone service at my house in Broomfield for the last 5 days. I get voice-mails from people and I'm getting text messages 2 or 3 hours later. I've updated my profile, my prl, I've called Sprint and they don't know whats going on. Wife's phone is doing the same thing. I've put up with a lot of jokes and crappy service the last couple years but its never been this bad. I would call and bitch out Sprint tonight but I have to walk a half a mile to call them.

could your problem be connected to the the flood ing?

When is sprint going to start the build out of 800 mgz Lte in Colorado or have they started that yet?

I took advantage of Robert's generous deal and upgraded to premier sponsor status for a $25 discount. All your answers are in there, specifically the thread titled "LTE 800 Deployment Maps". Now, go upgrade and enjoy. Do it before Sunday night (I believe that is when the offer ends).

I could tell you the answers myself, but then, well, you know. . .

You're welcome.

could your problem be connected to the the flood ing?

I thought so but the problem goes in and out during the day.  I called Sprint and they say they have a ticket in to fix the problem.  Ill give them a couple days and see where that leaves me.