Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Amazing rf thats for sure pretty much across the board. Only its evdo is kind of average.

How well does it stick to B41? Just curious cause that's what I have problems with the most typically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How well does it stick to B41? Just curious cause that's what I have problems with the most typically.

Best band 41 performer i ever had. Hold on for dear life.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perfecto! Thanks for the info

Oh, and I highly recommend the "Material Theme" from the Samsung Theme Store.  Really sharp and much nicer than the TouchWiz colorations. Costs a couple bucks, but worth it. 

Oh, and I highly recommend the "Material Theme" from the Samsung Theme Store. Really sharp and much nicer than the TouchWiz colorations. Costs a couple bucks, but worth it.

I'm a fan of material dark, both very nice though

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Y'all weren't lying, this phone is quite the monster, especially signal wise, better RF's than the S6 by far. Still playing around with it and setting it up. In all, my experience so far has been pretty nice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Y'all weren't lying, this phone is quite the monster, especially signal wise, better RF's than the S6 by far. Still playing around with it and setting it up. In all, my experience so far has been pretty nice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The Note5 has far less quirks than the S6 does as well.  My wife's S6 does some weird things occasionally, and I don't run into those problems at all.  (ie, screen gets super dim, battery drains extremely fast, etc.)

• Like 2

Looks like ATT Note5 users are getting the 6.0.1 beta if this is to be believed

http://goo.gl/SsLf74

Could be months still before we get a stable build. I see this as discouraging. Maybe I'm being a pessimist.

Sent from my Sprint Note5 for your reading pleasure

Thanks for the heads up!

I would guesstimate end of March or in April for an OTA push to Android marshmallow.

Fast charging doesn't always work when i plug it in. Is my charger going out or what? I move to other outlets an works sometimes.

I have the same issue. Seems to be a charger or cable issue, not outlet or phone problem. My third party car charger fast charges every time.

Fast charging doesn't always work when i plug it in. Is my charger going out or what? I move to other outlets an works sometimes.

I came across the same issue and I went on communities inquiring on this and everyone pointed out the same thing. It's the u_s_b cable going bad or has gone bad. The recommendations were also equal to replace the cable but keep the charger.

So I did I had a generic USB cable on hand and that did it.

It's the cable, it's made pretty cheap or something. I had the same issue recently and started using my Nexus 5 cable and all is well.

I had this issue for a while. I went to Best Buy and bought the Insignia brand cable. Has a nice snug, and still charges fast.

How satisfied are you guys with the Note 5?  I'm considering using my upgrade on it.  Sprint is doing a $200 off with a working smartphone trade in promo.  With the 2yr contract price and activation fee, it would work out to $86 for a 32GB Note 5.  I'd trade an old Galaxy S2 to get the deal.  

• Like 1

roJuR66.png?1                                                                                                                            I hope this post is acceptable here, I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it. 

Can anyone explain to me why the Note 5 feels the need to hold onto LTE at such a weak signal? This is just my opinion, but I'd rather my phone drop back to 3G if the signal falls below -118 dBm or so. Once LTE drops to this level the signal is practically useless anyway; at least a (more than likely) stronger 3G signal would stream music. Is this a samsung thing to hold onto signals this weak or can I change a setting? 

Has anyone done any systemUI tweaking on the note 5? I used to be able to do it on my note 3 by coping the file to my computer and changing file names around with .png files, but now in my systemUI all I have is .qmg files. Does anyone know how to work with these files or why I don't have png files anymore? 

Has anyone done any systemUI tweaking on the note 5? I used to be able to do it on my note 3 by coping the file to my computer and changing file names around with .png files, but now in my systemUI all I have is .qmg files. Does anyone know how to work with these files or why I don't have png files anymore?

I dont wanna tinker with it because I dont want to mess up samsung pay that I love so much.
  • Like 1