Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

I've been having some serious battery drainage, and charging issues. When charging, I hardly get full charges. Around 9pm last night, I had 16% battery left, wake up this morning I have 88%. Anyone else experiencing this? It's been like this for the past couple of days. And I always get the Samsung+ health alert a lot, in response to this. It scans and says everything is fine. Could it be an app? Yesterday Signal Check was eating 23%. The day before, voicemail was 16%, etc......

Wireless charging or wired charging?  Last night, my wireless charging cut out but I know it's not the charger.  Very weird?!?!  Maybe it was just a fluke and the phone was off a bit, but I'm pretty careful with putting it down at night.  FWIW, my wife's S6 has had the same behavior too, so it could be a bug in all Samsung's latest software/security fixes.

I have been getting the notification that the Fly Delta app has been causing slow behavior and Samsung wanted me to uninstall it.  But it's not draining any battery for me, so I'm not sure.  

Yes, my battery has been draining really fast the past week, not sure what's up, maybe a change in Google Play Services?? 

Wireless charging or wired charging?  Last night, my wireless charging cut out but I know it's not the charger.  Very weird?!?!  Maybe it was just a fluke and the phone was off a bit, but I'm pretty careful with putting it down at night.  FWIW, my wife's S6 has had the same behavior too, so it could be a bug in all Samsung's latest software/security fixes.

I have been getting the notification that the Fly Delta app has been causing slow behavior and Samsung wanted me to uninstall it.  But it's not draining any battery for me, so I'm not sure.  

Yes, my battery has been draining really fast the past week, not sure what's up, maybe a change in Google Play Services??

It's wired charging for me. Also have scroll lag. I hope this gets fixed.

I've been having some serious battery drainage, and charging issues. When charging, I hardly get full charges. Around 9pm last night, I had 16% battery left, wake up this morning I have 88%. Anyone else experiencing this? It's been like this for the past couple of days. And I always get the Samsung+ health alert a lot, in response to this. It scans and says everything is fine. Could it be an app? Yesterday Signal Check was eating 23%. The day before, voicemail was 16%, etc......

is SCP's location feature turned on and set to high accuracy? that can drain battery.  Otherwise try changing your cable, a cable that's dying can prevent proper charging

I'm running into an issue where my phone will shut off, won't turn on, I'll plug it in to the fast charger where it will go to, say 8% (these are the numbers from my last experience), I'll turn it on and it says I have 23%.  I'm about to bring it in to have it looked at and have a new battery installed.

I'm running into an issue where my phone will shut off, won't turn on, I'll plug it in to the fast charger where it will go to, say 8% (these are the numbers from my last experience), I'll turn it on and it says I have 23%.  I'm about to bring it in to have it looked at and have a new battery installed.

I have been experiencing those same exact numbers to.

is SCP's location feature turned on and set to high accuracy? that can drain battery.  Otherwise try changing your cable, a cable that's dying can prevent proper charging

SCP isn't set at high accuracy at all. Since mentioning this earlier this morning, SCP has used 10% battery. Right now I'm at 14% overall. Before these issues, I'm usually anywhere from 45%-55% at 14hrs.

Just a follow up here on Device Encryption. Something seems to be wrong with encryption in the OK3 firmware. The reboot wasn't asking for password to decrypt, etc. I decrypted my device a couple days ago and I can say the phone is performing better all around and better battery life. Prior to OK3, there wasn't any issue for me and encryption.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

Does anyone know how to get songs for ring tones? I use Spotify fyi.

Quite often, the song you are looking for is already a ringtone if you search the Zedge app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.zedge.android&hl=en 

If it isn't, you'll have a hard time making a streaming service a ringtone.  There are a LOT of apps that can make ringtones from mp3s, but you have to own the mp3s first.  If you really, really, really want that perfect song ringtone, just buy the song and use one of those apps.  I think Zedge even does it, or you can use something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herman.ringtone&hl=en

• Like 1

Quite often, the song you are looking for is already a ringtone if you search the Zedge app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.zedge.android&hl=en

If it isn't, you'll have a hard time making a streaming service a ringtone. There are a LOT of apps that can make ringtones from mp3s, but you have to own the mp3s first. If you really, really, really want that perfect song ringtone, just buy the song and use one of those apps. I think Zedge even does it, or you can use something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herman.ringtone&hl=en

Thank you. I will try that

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I just went to any app on the Google play store that said download free music... Searched until I found the song then downloaded it and went to contact clicked on select ring tone then clicked add because it wasn't there and went through the songs and clicked on the one I downloaded and there you go.. Then I uninstalled the app I used...

Edited by iruntrains

If it isn't, you'll have a hard time making a streaming service a ringtone.  There are a LOT of apps that can make ringtones from mp3s, but you have to own the mp3s first.  If you really, really, really want that perfect song ringtone, just buy the song and use one of those apps.  I think Zedge even does it, or you can use something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herman.ringtone&hl=en

Zedge is a great app. I missed my Samsung bird whistle for messages. Zedge even had it, along with some really loud tones for people that need them.

Anyone ever hear about random lens covers on the back camera just shattering for no reason?

That happened on my Note 3.  I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue on the 5.  Do you recall anything that might have triggered it?

It reminds me of the Macbook Pros at work.  I've dropped mine 3 times over 5 years, all three times on tile.  Dented edge, USB port, but no screen cracks.  My principal dropped his on carpet, shattering his screen.

That happened on my Note 3. I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue on the 5. Do you recall anything that might have triggered it?

It reminds me of the Macbook Pros at work. I've dropped mine 3 times over 5 years, all three times on tile. Dented edge, USB port, but no screen cracks. My principal dropped his on carpet, shattering his screen.

Nothing I did caused it, I just noticed when I went to take a photo Saturday night that it was broken, the lens if fine though.