Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Moto X Play 5.5" display.......

21MP F2.0 lens rear camera dual LED flash.  I can't wait to see these reviews.  I think the Moto X Play might be the phone for me depending on the reviews.  

EDIT: grabbed the specs below.  Maybe not for the Play for me. 

Clearly the Style is the phone to get here based on those specs.  The Play doesn't have universal banding, less RAM, only 1080P capture.  The Style does have that front facing flash and more storage options with SD card support.  It'll all depend on that price.....

Clearly the Style is the phone to get here based on those specs.  The Play doesn't have universal banding, less RAM, only 1080P capture.  The Style does have that front facing flash and more storage options with SD card support.  It'll all depend on that price.....

They should just swap screen/battery size with eachother and I'd grab the Style no doubt.  5.7" is just too big.  And I'd be downgrading in the CPU department from my M8 if I went with the Play.

They should just swap screen/battery size with eachother and I'd grab the Style no doubt.  5.7" is just too big.  And I'd be downgrading in the CPU department from my M8 if I went with the Play.

Continues the trend of new smart phones where there is no optimal choice.  You always will be giving something up to get something else.  Why not just put 3600mAh into the Style?  Make it one to rule them all?  

No mention of OIS for the camera, no mention of Qi charging, it IS water repellent coated, so at least it's got that going for it.  But again, what's that price going to be! 

• Like 1

Really like more the Moto X Play, but I wouldn't hold my breath to find it working for Sprint. Too bad, the Moto X Style 5.7 its a bit too much.

Hard to say until we see them all next to each other in hands on demos.  0.2 on screen, but the body of the Play might be almost as big as the Style all said and done. 

If the Play doesn't even make it to Sprint then it would not matter much. Did they announce the price for either one?

Looks like the Style starts at $399 probably for the 16GB version. 

If the Play doesn't even make it to Sprint then it would not matter much. Did they announce the price for either one?

Moto X Style will be $399 at Amazon, BestBuy.com and Motorola.com.  Moto G starts at $179 from the same retailers. 

http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-g-2015-official

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-announces-moto-x-style

Looks like the Style starts at $399 probably for the 16GB version.

Definitely I like the idea of a Moto X option on Sprint this year. Waiting for an official confirmation though from Sprint that they will carry it, or at least allow it on their network.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I find it a little odd that with the poor sales of the Nexus 6 which were mostly due to its enormous size, Motorola would take a risk on another giant device.

I like the overall specs of the devices but both are a pass for me. I only get ones I can use single handedly, which means no larger than 5.2" (which BTW was the size of last year's X).

• Like 2

I find it a little odd that with the poor sales of the Nexus 6 which were mostly due to its enormous size, Motorola would take a risk on another giant device.

I like the overall specs of the devices but both are a pass for me. I only get ones I can use single handedly, which means no larger than 5.2" (which BTW was the size of last year's X).

Same here.  Also, no USB Type-C.  A little disappointed. 

The X Play will be only available Europe, Latin America and Canada.

The Moto X Play will be available in August. Unfortunately, those who reside in the US won't be able to purchase the X Play, which is set to launch in Europe, Latin America and Canada.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-announces-moto-x-play

Bands

UMTS GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

UMTS/HSPA+ (800, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)

4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 25, 28, 40, 41)

http://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones/moto-x-pure.html#specs-moto-x-pure-us

No band 26?

Phone looks good for the price-point, main concern would be the battery size to handle that QHD display.

They should just swap screen/battery size with eachother and I'd grab the Style no doubt. 5.7" is just too big. And I'd be downgrading in the CPU department from my M8 if I went with the Play.

Two tenths of an inch is a deal breaker for you? That's about the width of this O. If you can live with 5.5, you can live with 5.7.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk