T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

giphy.gif

I would just like to point out the slight irony in your post. You made your point on the first sentence, but felt the need to add a second sentence just for filler.

That was the point :)

(Insert random nonsense about Lumia and 4k TVs here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm not a businessman. I'm an engineer. And my engineer mind says that instead of a merger Softbank could buy a large stake in T-Mobile and the two companies (Sprint and T-Mobile) enter into a spectrum and tower sharing deal. Both companies benefit from expanded spectrum and tower availability, and both companies remain responsible for their own debts and operations. Most Sprint phones already support T-Mobile's bands, and unlocked phones that support all of both companies' bands already exist.

Sprint and T-Mobile are both strong in my area. I switched to T-Mobile a while back for the 2 for $100 + 3rd line free and then 20% off from the hookup code, but I'm still a Sprint fanboy.

• Like 1

I'm not a businessman. I'm an engineer. And my engineer mind says that instead of a merger Softbank could buy a large stake in T-Mobile and the two companies (Sprint and T-Mobile) enter into a spectrum and tower sharing deal. Both companies benefit from expanded spectrum and tower availability, and both companies remain responsible for their own debts and operations. Most Sprint phones already support T-Mobile's bands, and unlocked phones that support all of both companies' bands already exist.

Sprint and T-Mobile are both strong in my area. I switched to T-Mobile a while back for the 2 for $100 + 3rd line free and then 20% off from the hookup code, but I'm still a Sprint fanboy.

That would be pretty cool. I have accounts with both and they both are good in my area as well. Some of the loyal on Reddit are losing their shit talking about if they merge they are leaving. They want nothing associated with Sprint. I guess they think that T-Mobile is the best carrier. In all reality both Sprint and T-Mobile aren't far from each other. As I'm trying this right now at my desk. My Sprint phone has lte and T-Mobile is on E. Could them merging be good and help each other yes.

I think what some T-Mobile loyals are not seeing is once that 600 starts to roll out they will see a new T-Mobile that isn't in a good way. But I do feel like that both Sprint and T-Mobile have been putting things in place for years to be merged with something.

That was the point :)

(Insert random nonsense about Lumia and 4k TVs here)

Respectfully, it isn't nonsense. If I'm to talk with others here about smartphones and wireless, its important to say what device I'm using. Besides, I acknowledge I need a new device, but what is important to me, is that I get one that works with the television I'm considering buying. Everyone has different devices and reasons for wanting them. I was only expressing mine.

Here is the latest update on the T-Mobile merger situation with Sprint :

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/05/sprint-softbank-informal-merger-talks-deutsche-telekom-t-mobile/

I've read that article and the comments at let me tell you T-Mobile staff is moderating the comments. Anything that has to do with debating the issue is closely scrutinize. If you post something positive about T-Mobile they'll post it, if you post something other or debate in a logical sensible way they won't post it or they'll remove it eventually. I've tried many times to open up a conversation where it is a good thing for the merge and so forth and so on. They don't want to hear it and don't want anyone to read about it. A lot of this comments that were posted here on this forum they would have been deleted on the T-Mobile news article long ago. One of the commenters you really have to look out for is Andrew Addison. He's all over the place and pretty much painting T-Mobile and LaGree as a personal savior and Sprint as the Antichrist.

• Like 1

I've read that article and the comments at let me tell you T-Mobile staff is moderating the comments. Anything that has to do with debating the issue is closely scrutinize. If you post something positive about T-Mobile they'll post it, if you post something other or debate in a logical sensible way they won't post it or they'll remove it eventually. I've tried many times to open up a conversation where it is a good thing for the merge and so forth and so on. They don't want to hear it and don't want anyone to read about it. A lot of this comments that were posted here on this forum they would have been deleted on the T-Mobile news article long ago. One of the commenters you really have to look out for is Andrew Addison. He's all over the place and pretty much painting T-Mobile and LaGree as a personal savior and Sprint as the Antichrist.

TmoNews certainly isn't the great site it once was several years ago back when David Beren was managing the site. It got worse with the guy from England running it. Now its just an afterthought of a site for the most part. I find myself going to Android Police a lot more often lately, even though I don't like how they seem to promote ZTE a bit much at times.

I know there have been people here on S4GRU who've had issues from some individuals who were on TmoNews and FierceWireless in the past, so I'm pretty well aware to avoid them. I hadn't heard of Andrew Addison before, but I'll stay alert. Regarding the antichrist, perhaps it is Legere, j/k. Despite my disliking of John Legere, I don't think he is that bad, nor is he doing himself any good in that regard by attacking customers on Twitter.

TmoNews certainly isn't the great site it once was several years ago back when David Beren was managing the site. It got worse with the guy from England running it. Now its just an afterthought of a site for the most part. I find myself going to Android Police a lot more often lately, even though I don't like how they seem to promote ZTE a bit much at times.

I know there have been people here on S4GRU who've had issues from some individuals who were on TmoNews and FierceWireless in the past, so I'm pretty well aware to avoid them. I hadn't heard of Andrew Addison before, but I'll stay alert. Regarding the antichrist, perhaps it is Legere, j/k. Despite my disliking of John Legere, I don't think he is that bad, nor is he doing himself any good in that regard by attacking customers on Twitter.

I find with John legere it's very despicable as the CEO of Uncarrier. I find it kind of sad actually

I find with John legere it's very despicable as the CEO of Uncarrier. I find it kind of sad actually

Well, John Legere is despicable, just not quite antichrist material. I know people have different opinions on who that figure might be, and I'm not even sure of it, even if there is one. However if so, I imagine they'll be much more popular than John Legere is.

John Legere ought to be a talk show host, or a game show host. He'd do alot better at that than he does as a CEO.

John Legere ought to be a talk show host, or a game show host. He'd do alot better at that than he does as a CEO.

By what measure? While he got lucky with the AT&T cash and spectrum he has done well by most metrics. He may be an ass but he is an ass who has turned that company around. Most sane people (who aren't tmobile shareholders) wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but the reality remains he has delivered some serious growth. If Claure manages to complete the Sprint turn around and get them on the same growth path it would probably be a more impressive feat. He has made a great start but the job is far from done. 

When Legere took over Tmo it had a market cap of $2-3 bn (there's a couple of figures floating around for Sept 2012). Today its approximately $55bn. He has grown the networks capacity and coverage. He has grown the # of subs. It's generating a fair amount of FCF. The cash numbers aren't Verizon good but the subs growth is. Don't mistake him being an ass for him being incompetent. 

Legere earns way more than either of us do and it isn't because he is a snappy dresser :) 

• Like 4

By what measure? While he got lucky with the AT&T cash and spectrum he has done well by most metrics. He may be an ass but he is an ass who has turned that company around. Most sane people (who aren't tmobile shareholders) wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but the reality remains he has delivered some serious growth. If Claure manages to complete the Sprint turn around and get them on the same growth path it would probably be a more impressive feat. He has made a great start but the job is far from done.

When Legere took over Tmo it had a market cap of $2-3 bn (there's a couple of figures floating around for Sept 2012). Today its approximately $55bn. He has grown the networks capacity and coverage. He has grown the # of subs. It's generating a fair amount of FCF. The cash numbers aren't Verizon good but the subs growth is. Don't mistake him being an ass for him being incompetent.

Legere earns way more than either of us do and it isn't because he is a snappy dresser :)

Ah nooo! I was sitting here writing a reply, and I suddenly fell asleep. Usually smartphones I utilize have a feature of some sort that "saves" where I was in the message prior to my falling asleep Apparently it didn't work this time around. I'll try recalling and then trying to rewrite what I had written, which thankfully wasn't much at the moment when I fell asleep.

Despite my opinions regarding John Legere's work at T-Mobile and my dislike for his attitude, behavior, etc., I definitely do not believe he is incompetent. However, I'm not willing to give him as much credit as others here at S4GRU sometimes admit to, which is fine. Even though I disagree with the content, I understand the viewpoint and I respect the level of intent involved in crediting John Legere without praising John Legere as some sort of wireless God.

Oh, and at least John Legere's Magenta outfits aren't as tacky and wacky as the outfits Matthew Lesko wears, though John Legere reminds me of him sometimes when he speaks :

Respectfully, it isn't nonsense. I was only expressing mine.

Respectfully, I disagree. There's a difference between expressing your opinions concisely and babbling.

In fact, your paragraphs make this site harder to read. Tapatalk lags/skips when I'm scrolling through your drivel.

Examples?

4076400de8.png

e395f4e123.png

ce6d2715e0.png

Again, no disrespect meant, but you're killing the mobile usability of this site.

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 1

Respectfully, I disagree. There's a difference between expressing your opinions concisely and babbling. You tend to babble on and on about stuff that detracts from the topic of the thread. Too much information is not a good thing.

In fact, your paragraphs make this site harder to read. Tapatalk lags/skips when I'm scrolling through your drivel.

Examples?

Again, no disrespect meant, but you're killing the mobile usability of this site.

I shortened the quote down to your comments, eliminating the images, in order to help the staff here not get upset with lengthy quotes.

I think there is a misunderstanding between us, which perhaps is partly my fault, as you may be unaware of my situation, which would explain what you've highlighted from my quotes mentioning my mother.

I bring her up in posts sometimes, because I don't make the decision for my wireless needs. I have to go by what she wants, hence why I mention my talking with her here so that the readers/members here know which carrier I'm with, if I'm making a decision to switch, why that is, what device I have, etc. Again, I'm not actively in charge of making my own wireless decisions.

Regarding the television, I admit its not necessarily a common inclusion in a decision someone makes for their choice of carrier, device, etc. I have additional concerns like these and elsewise due to my health being quite bad, and therefore have much more considerations to deal with than most people.

Also, I don't use Tapatalk, so I'm not sure how things appear in contrast to the mobile version. I've been for the most part trying to keep posts down to a maximum of four five to six line paragraphs as what appears on my smartphone display, which is much less than what my posting was back when I used the full version on my computer.

Arysyn, why do you write long essays? Not being rude just asking lol

Sometimes I get confused what you're trying to say

As I wrote to WiseGuy321, most of my posts are much shorter than they use to be when I was using the desktop version of the site. Back then, there was a long time before I tried the mobile version and noticed the difference. I also was use to writing on the desktop on sites where people generally were in thorough discussions of topics, mostly serious health-related matters.

I'm more careful to post shorter when I'm writing with the intent of talking to multiple people than to an individual. Hence why my post to Dan was longer, since the conversation about John Legere seemed to take the direction of just being us discussing the matter on the thread, and no other discussion was taking place.

The long comments are unreadable on Tapatalk. Of course it could be a deficiency of that program.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't use Tapatalk, so I don't really know how it appears different. As I've mentioned, I know and take full responsibility of my posting back when I used the desktop version on my pc and had no idea the differences between that and the mobile version until I used it and saw how much of an impact my posting had back then.

Seriously though, most of my posts here are much shorter than they use to be, and only get longer when I'm either posting in my own thread, or when having an individual conversation on the forum with someone during a time when there aren't other discussions going on. I really don't see how I can do any better, without leaving important details out and having people misunderstand me. Its already happened a few times here lately with some of my posts that have been short.

isnt it true that the two companies may have to divest network infrastructure and spectrum?

Isn't it true that monkeys may fly out of my butt?  I mean, it could happen, hypothetically.

The point is that nobody knows anything certain, not now, not anytime in the near future.  Any potential merger combination is literally a year or more away. So, perhaps, stop yammering about what may or might happen.

AJ

Isn't it true that monkeys may fly out of my butt? I mean, it could happen, hypothetically.

The point is that nobody knows anything certain, not now, not anytime in the near future. Any potential merger combination is literally a year or more away. So, perhaps, stop yammering about what may or might happen.

AJ

ok.

Isn't it true that monkeys may fly out of my butt? I mean, it could happen, hypothetically.

The point is that nobody knows anything certain, not now, not anytime in the near future. Any potential merger combination is literally a year or more away. So, perhaps, stop yammering about what may or might happen.

AJ

You have monkeys in your colon, AJ? You might want to get a colonic to get rid of that. If the practioner notices bananas, be worried!

isnt it true that the two companies may have to divest network infrastructure and spectrum?

Rather than responding to you using ridiculous "fantasies" about monkeys flying out of butts, I'll respond more "realistically".

It is possible that in a merger between Sprint and T-Mobile, some spectrum may need to be divested, in order for the deal to be approved by the FCC. However, it is unlikely that any of T-Mobile's spectrum will need to be used. I doubt Sprint's band 41 and PCS spectrum is at risk either. If anything, Sprint would more likely divest their 800mhz spectrum.

Rather than responding to you using ridiculous "fantasies" about monkeys flying out of butts, I'll respond more "realistically".

It is possible that in a merger between Sprint and T-Mobile, some spectrum may need to be divested, in order for the deal to be approved by the FCC. However, it is unlikely that any of T-Mobile's spectrum will need to be used. I doubt Sprint's band 41 and PCS spectrum is at risk either. If anything, Sprint would more likely divest their 800mhz spectrum.

That does seem much more logical to me. I mean I thought the FCC would consider it a monopoly on the Spectrum

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1