T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Mergers, Alliances and Acquisitions Oh My!

When the merger between Sprint and t-mobile come to pass it is clear that Johnny Boy legere will not be running the company and maybe just head of marketing. That is a great thing.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2017/05/10/softbank-sprint-t-mobile-merger-talks-masayoshi.html

If Sprint buys out T-Mobile, the only job there suitable for John Legere, will be one where he makes sure there always is a sparkling clean shine on the executive toilets at the Sprint headquarters.

Hate him or love him... His results speak for themselves... On a side note. Damn, I hate haters. Dudes practically a legend. What he did with T-Mobile was phenomenal. For God sakes, Son and Legere have a relationship that dates way back.

"Common fucking sense ain't too common"

If Sprint buys out T-Mobile, the only job there suitable for John Legere, will be one where he makes sure there always is a sparkling clean shine on the executive toilets at the Sprint headquarters.

• Like 5

Mergers, Alliances and Acquisitions Oh My!

When the merger between Sprint and t-mobile come to pass it is clear that Johnny Boy legere will not be running the company and maybe just head of marketing. That is a great thing.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2017/05/10/softbank-sprint-t-mobile-merger-talks-masayoshi.html

Source? That link does not mention who would be heading such a possible merger. 

Damn. That's totally uncalled for and low. Even for Legere haters.  

Hate him or love him... His results speak for themselves... On a side note. Damn, I hate haters. Dudes practically a legend. What he did with T-Mobile was phenomenal. For God sakes, Son and Legere have a relationship that dates way back.

A legend, I don't think so. Maybe in his own mind, but I agree that his results and bringing the company to where it is at is impressive. 

As for the relationship of him and Son going way back. That's news to me. The one that I thought had a long time relationship with Son was with Dan Hesse and that didn't save him from continuing being CEO (among other factors).

• Like 5

Damn. That's totally uncalled for and low. Even for Legere haters..

Prior to John Legere blasting customers on Twitter, I probably wouldn't think this, nor say it even if I did think this. However, when a CEO starts attacking his customers, that is the lowest of the low, and that CEO should be fired. At least what I said would keep him employed in some capacity.

Not sure if you've read his Twitter account lately. Its pretty well known John Legere in the past has been good about helping customers who post to his Twitter account requesting his help. I've always given him credit for that. However as of late, when some customers have asked him for help, stating their frustrations and letting him know they are considering switching, or have already switched due to their unresolved problems, he attacks them. One guy even created an anti-T-Mobile/Legere Twitter account over it.

Not sure if you've read his Twitter account lately. Its pretty well known John Legere in the past has been good about helping customers who post to his Twitter account requesting his help. I've always given him credit for that. However as of late, when some customers have asked him for help, stating their frustrations and letting him know they are considering switching, or have already switched due to their unresolved problems, he attacks them. One guy even created an anti-T-Mobile/Legere Twitter account over it.

He's becoming very unprofessional I may pay off what little balance I have left and switch

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He's becoming very unprofessional I may pay off what little balance I have left and switch

I definitely can't and won't fault you or anyone for that, especially as I'm considering doing the same if I end up going a different route for my television purchase.

I know there are people who like to credit Legere for what he's done with T-Mobile, just as there are people who view him as the joke of wireless who was only able to help T-Mobile through the money they got from AT&T breakup fee. I'd rather AT&T won their acquisition attempt. People say had that happened, all of the prices would have increased, etc. Instead, I think the heavy competition just between the two main companies dominating Sprint would have given Sprint a better opportunity to succeed on its own, which all of us here on S4GRU would be seeing a much stronger Sprint going against the big two, and prices would be just around the same as they are now, or better.

John Legere is not the wireless messiah many people try to make him out to be.

I definitely can't and won't fault you or anyone for that, especially as I'm considering doing the same if I end up going a different route for my television purchase.

I know there are people who like to credit Legere for what he's done with T-Mobile, just as there are people who view him as the joke of wireless who was only able to help T-Mobile through the money they got from AT&T breakup fee. I'd rather AT&T won their acquisition attempt. People say had that happened, all of the prices would have increased, etc. Instead, I think the heavy competition just between the two main companies dominating Sprint would have given Sprint a better opportunity to succeed on its own, which all of us here on S4GRU would be seeing a much stronger Sprint going against the big two, and prices would be just around the same as they are now, or better.

John Legere is not the wireless messiah many people try to make him out to be.

He's the opposite of the Messiah for wireless carriers. I've him as a clown. A puppet.

• Like 1

He's the opposite of the Messiah for wireless carriers. I've him as a clown. A puppet.

Very true.

I still have doubts about Sprint being able to get their merger through with T-Mobile, but if they do and its between Marcelo and John to get the CEO spot, I'd want Marcelo to get it, even though there are things I think he could be doing to better Sprint. Although, it could be Marcelo is being restricted by Softbank, and he'd be more free to do what he wants after the merger. So, I'd at least want him to be given the chance, whereas Legere just has to go as CEO. Legere would do better working as an executive at a bank. I'd like to see him lighten up the bank executives with his derogatory cursing at them while attacking wealthy bank patrons and see how fast they throw him out before he has the chance to run away. After all with his love of running, perhaps he could do delivery in Manhattan.

Why do folks on this forum and on others automatically assume that if Sprint and T-Mobile merge John Legere will accept the role of CEO of the newly formed T-Mobile?

My personal opinion is that Legere is put into the CEO role of T-Mobile currently. So that T-Mobile could form some type of merger. Upon completing a T-Mobile - Sprint merger Legere cashes out and ride off into the sunset richer than he was when he came in.

• Like 1

Why do folks on this forum and on others automatically assume that if Sprint and T-Mobile merge John Legere will accept the role of CEO of the newly formed T-Mobile?

My personal opinion is that Legere is put into the CEO role of T-Mobile currently. So that T-Mobile could form some type of merger. Upon completing a T-Mobile - Sprint merger Legere cashes out and ride off into the sunset richer than he was when he came in.

I highly doubt T-Mobile and Sprint will merge. I see T-Mobile merging with Dish. But we will see what happens.

• Like 1

I highly doubt T-Mobile and Sprint will merge. I see T-Mobile merging with Dish. But we will see what happens.

I doubt they will merge too. It's just every time there's a discussion about a Sprint - T-Mobile merger Everyone assumes John Legere will be the CEO of the newly formed company.

I doubt they will merge too. It's just every time there's a discussion about a Sprint - T-Mobile merger Everyone assumes John Legere will be the CEO of the newly formed company.

to me as long as is the CEO of the company. That's all that matters to me as long as they get everything done to improve the carriers position that's what matters to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope John Legere isn't made CEO if Sprint and T-Mobile do merge. That would be awful.

I personally believe DT is going to keep possession of T-Mobile US as they mentioned a month or two ago. Prior to that, I was still hoping DT would be willing to sell T-Mobile US, at which point if Softbank made an offer for it, AT&T would make a counter offer. With AT&T losing Straight Path to Verizon, as reported today, T-Mobile would make a tempting bid for AT&T to go after. I doubt AT&T is going to want Sprint as I suspected Verizon might, had they not won the bid for Straight Path.

Now that Sprint is safe from any takeover bid, I kind of would like to see Sprint get T-Mobile. The problem with T-Mobile getting Dish, is that likely John Legere stays. If Sprint gets T-Mobile, hopefully that means Legere goes away, which is something I really want to have happen. Already, I hate that he gets to be rich by acting the way he does. People like Marcelo are much more admirable, as they literally built themselves up to where they are with their fortunes.

I hope John Legere isn't made CEO if Sprint and T-Mobile do merge. That would be awful.

I personally believe DT is going to keep possession of T-Mobile US as they mentioned a month or two ago. Prior to that, I was still hoping DT would be willing to sell T-Mobile US, at which point if Softbank made an offer for it, AT&T would make a counter offer. With AT&T losing Straight Path to Verizon, as reported today, T-Mobile would make a tempting bid for AT&T to go after. I doubt AT&T is going to want Sprint as I suspected Verizon might, had they not won the bid for Straight Path.

Now that Sprint is safe from any takeover bid, I kind of would like to see Sprint get T-Mobile. The problem with T-Mobile getting Dish, is that likely John Legere stays. If Sprint gets T-Mobile, hopefully that means Legere goes away, which is something I really want to have happen. Already, I hate that he gets to be rich by acting the way he does. People like Marcelo are much more admirable, as they literally built themselves up to where they are with their fortunes.

I don't want to see Sprint and T-Mobile merge at all. I rather see Sprint with a cable co and T-Mobile with dish or vice versa.

• Like 1

I don't want to see Sprint and T-Mobile merge at all. I rather see Sprint with a cable co and T-Mobile with dish or vice versa.

I would even like to see TMobile be standalone. I have all four carriers. But I would definitely like to see TMobile keep going. TMobile still has a ton of work to do ahead of itself. They still are playing catch up with Verizon. And where I live TMobile has a long way to go in terms of quality and reliability. But even Verizon has suffered here because of their unlimited data. They need to identify big time over here.

• Like 1

Well, one sure good thing about T-Mobile is that with the billing errors that came with switching to them a few months ago, they corrected all of it, and gave a really nice big bunch of credits to our billing. Plus, its nice when the T-Mobile Tuesdays doesn't work each time they give a $5 credit. Between that and no taxes, and of course my wanting to get the Sony XZ Premium, its difficult leaving them. I just checked the MyT-Mobile app and discovered besides all the credits, they have the Hookup Offer finally on there.

So, since it looks like I'm keeping them, I really do hope now for this Sprint merger. Its more than just the John Legere issue though. Seeing the chart Sprint put out this past week of there network quality in Lombard really impresses me, and as I've been saying for a long time, which is where I connect in thinking with Sprint supporters here on S4GRU, Sprint has a truly great thing going with their band 41 spectrum, which if they can deploy that massively, along with densification, Sprint will lead in wireless by a huge margin.

If Softbank can get the merger done, it'll be great for both Sprint and T-Mobile customers. It just doesn't seem so likely to pass though, particularly if DT is unwilling to sell T-Mobile US. The Dish option is a greater likelihood for T-Mobile, especially now that Verizon isn't going to be looking for the spectrum Dish has, since Verizon won against AT&T for Straight Path.

Well, one sure good thing about T-Mobile is that with the billing errors that came with switching to them a few months ago, they corrected all of it, and gave a really nice big bunch of credits to our billing. Plus, its nice when the T-Mobile Tuesdays doesn't work each time they give a $5 credit. Between that and no taxes, and of course my wanting to get the Sony XZ Premium, its difficult leaving them. I just checked the MyT-Mobile app and discovered besides all the credits, they have the Hookup Offer finally on there.

So, since it looks like I'm keeping them, I really do hope now for this Sprint merger. Its more than just the John Legere issue though. Seeing the chart Sprint put out this past week of there network quality in Lombard really impresses me, and as I've been saying for a long time, which is where I connect in thinking with Sprint supporters here on S4GRU, Sprint has a truly great thing going with their band 41 spectrum, which if they can deploy that massively, along with densification, Sprint will lead in wireless by a huge margin.

If Softbank can get the merger done, it'll be great for both Sprint and T-Mobile customers. It just doesn't seem so likely to pass though, particularly if DT is unwilling to sell T-Mobile US. The Dish option is a greater likelihood for T-Mobile, especially now that Verizon isn't going to be looking for the spectrum Dish has, since Verizon won against AT&T for Straight Path.

Well in my town where I live TMobile is definitely way ahead of Sprint. TMobile I hope takes up the vacant space on the water tower a little bit closer to my house it's it's really needed. Sprint needs to really densify where I live before I can serve them a viable cell phone carrier. Even Verizon AT&T Suffern where I live. So all the cell carriers suffer big time.

• Like 1

People, stop the excessive quoting.  A few of you are holding a conversation basically among yourselves.  You need not quote each other at every turn.  All of you already understand the context of the reply.

AJ

• Like 4

People, stop the excessive quoting.

AJ

100% agree with this.

Also, what is up with some users going on and on about non-sense that could be said in 1-2 sentences?

It would be nice if these paragraphs could be toned down...

Edited by WiseGuy321

Also, what is up with some users going on and on about non-sense that could be said in 1-2 sentences?

It would be nice if these paragraphs could be toned down...

giphy.gif

I would just like to point out the slight irony in your post. You made your point on the first sentence, but felt the need to add a second sentence just for filler.

• Like 6