Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

After lunch today, I was out in the parking lot and was texting my son-in-law when I got an error that the text did not go through. I noticed my signal bars were non-existent. I figured they were working on the tower or something. I launched SignalCheck Pro to see if I had any signal at all. Nothing. I went on about my work when I got an alert the I had not heard before. I looked at my phone and SignalCheck Pro showed I had 1XRTT 800! Of course I was in the middle of a task and couldn't get a screen shot. It was that way for only a minute or two and the next time I checked it was back to eHRPD.  

hopefully things are moving...

For those of us that don't work at the NSA where were you?

The first LTE sites accepted in the Phoenix market.  Jump over to the Sponsor section for more details!  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/590-network-vision-site-map-phoenix-albuquerque-and-tucsonyuma-markets/?p=186213

Robert

• Like 4

One site is on Camelback just East of 19th Avenue, and the second site is on Bell Road just East of 42nd Avenue.  More to come.  We are supposed to have about 25 up in the next 3-4 weeks. If cox would get off their @ss and do some work!

The first LTE sites accepted in the Phoenix market.  Jump over to the Sponsor section for more details!  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/590-network-vision-site-map-phoenix-albuquerque-and-tucsonyuma-markets/?p=186213

Robert

Hi Robert.  Some of us, like myself, don't have Sponsor forum access.  Can you post the info here?

Hi Robert.  Some of us, like myself, don't have Sponsor forum access.  Can you post the info here?

Specific information about accepted sites is a feature for S4GRU Sponsors.  S4GRU is a not for profit site and we depend on member donations to keep our site online.  If you would like more information about how to become a S4GRU Sponsor, visit this link:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 2

The tower on camel back is in the park n ride I was over there today had no lte had strong 3G but the speeds still sucked this is also a century link backhaul which is probably why it's done. We have been waiting on a certain cocky cable provider at a lot of sites. However like I said there are 20 to 30 sides scheduled in the next three weeks and roughly 27% of Phx in 3 months

The tower on camel back is in the park n ride I was over there today had no lte had strong 3G but the speeds still sucked this is also a century link backhaul which is probably why it's done. We have been waiting on a certain cocky cable provider at a lot of sites. However like I said there are 20 to 30 sides scheduled in the next three weeks and roughly 27% of Phx in 3 months

I was just over there at the record store a few hours ago, and no LTE or 3G, just 1XRTT data. Site must be down for tuning, either that or it crumbled after people noticing LTE there.

I'll check back in a few days when i'm back over by there to see what the speeds are like.

Also, it does not surprise me Cox taking their good 'ol time, if it's anything like getting the DOCSIS nodes fixed in my last three neighborhoods fixed for over saturation, then we have a good long while to wait. I'll never give that company any of my money ever again after being forced to deal with them for so long. Glad where i'm at CenturyLink was able to do a 40/20 DSL line for me no questions asked

Edited by brad162

I was just over there at the record store a few hours ago, and no LTE or 3G, just 1XRTT data. Site must be down for tuning, either that or it crumbled after people noticing LTE there.

I'll check back in a few days when i'm back over by there to see what the speeds are like.

Also, it does not surprise me Cox taking their good 'ol time, if it's anything like getting the DOCSIS nodes fixed in my last three neighborhoods fixed for over saturation, then we have a good long while to wait. I'll never give that company any of my money ever again after being forced to deal with them for so long. Glad where i'm at CenturyLink was able to do a 40/20 DSL line for me no questions asked

Cox been pretty good here in San Diego.  If wasn't for them, we be waiting on AT&T to deliver fiber and San Diego would be waiting on LTE.

LTE is officially ONLINE!

That report is INCORRECT sir!

We have LTE! It broadcasted all the way from 19th Ave and Camelback until I reached 7th Ave and Camelback, going east.

What an awesome sight to see on my device!!!!!!!

Screenshot_2013_08_14_12_01_02.png

I ran a quick SPEEDTEST from inside my car at the intersection of Camelback and 19th Ave. This is what the results were:

Screenshot_2013_08_14_12_04_23.png

It's not like Chicago speeds yet, but it's a HUGE improvement!!!!! This is only the beginning.

4GLTE is officially confirmed in Phoenix!

• Like 3

Yes it is. I had glasses to get at Costco Spectrum Mall so decided to go south and map a little. On way home hit only a smidgen of 43 and Bell but there. Think i took a call and hit something to stop mapping. it is strong and there. i was getting around 20 down and 10 up. 

Ok whatever mall it is now , was Christown years ago then Spectrum I believe now? but Costco and Walmart are there both which is probably fun for them. 

At my house near the bell road area or within a handful of miles we miss calls in our house and just use wifi. If it doesnt improve with the buildout need whatever device for inside the house for calls.

But trying to let wife know once 4g kicks in the unlimited data when out of the house will be worth it. I told her it was at those two locations and she said skipping us as in funny but sarcasm. 

We missed grandfathering Verizon 4g or would be there, sorry. Plus wife does get a better work discount on Sprint. 

Edited by no_one

Well 20 and 10 is what i have at home also. It was fast. Downloaded sensorly as had took it off phone and the download was quick. It just happened not a long wait or never like on 3g. Sorry son the app will not download just wait for the home wifi.

My speed test was my own and like all speed test varies. For me wow. Thing is someone with a better phone or better test will get much better true numbers.

I used it a little and it did just work period. Streaming video streamed. A couple apps just downloaded. That is all I care.

My test numbers are just mine alone. Some one else may do better or worse. I am happy the connection worked. 

That intersection is busy and it was noon time. So others should have been using it. 

Edited by no_one

I hope it improve, thosee are pretty poor speeds for a tower that no one is using!

There wasn't a signal engineering screen with that speedtest so there's no telling. Plus I bet a bunch of people are using it since it is the only one around.

I hope it improve, thosee are pretty poor speeds for a tower that no one is using!

We don't know what the signal strength was. It was likely a mid to low signal, which would produce those kinds of speeds. And realistically, those speeds will work fine for anything you need to do. 

Additionally, look two posts up, no_one is getting speeds of 20 down and 10 up, so I don't think there's anything to complain about.

Ok I edited my other post. the signal was strong. the Camelback intersection was at noonish and it has smaller office buildings. They knew it or not others where using it. 43rd and bell is not that busy but still Bell road and hits a tiny bit of ASU west or seems to unless there is another tower testing. I must have stopped Sensorly when taking a call by accident. Only got a smidgen of what I meant too there. I downloaded sensorly as had deleted off phone. It just downloaded no wait just there. Another app the same. Streaming video worked. My speed test is mine alone. Want better do it. i am happy it just works for me an average person. 

Just 4g is in Phoenix. 

I am picking up LTE on my phone in Downtown Phoenix. I just got 4.69 down and 0.49 up!

I am up 10 floors facing north.  Can I be picking up 19th Ave & Camelback?  

How do you post pictures?

Possibly, from that elevation it's fairly possible.

To post pictures, either post using the Tapatalk app, or use a hosting site such a Photobucket, Dropbox, or Imgur.

Even to my dumb brain and end user dumb knowledge doubt it highly. Must be picking up something else. Another tower new or testing.  Oh I do know Phoenix geography . 

But I highly doubt it is 19th camelback as 3g near you say lock on me. 4g that far away ignore. I lost within a mile or so. Another stronger 3g took over. 

So maybe another site up or testing?

Edited by no_one

Even to my dumb brain and end user dumb knowledge doubt it highly. Must be picking up something else. Another tower new or testing.  Oh I do know Phoenix geography so no. 

It's completely possible from 10 floors up. Each individual site can cover many miles, up to 10 miles (though in cities they tend to tilt the antennas down more severely to reduce the coverage area and increase capacity). Add in elevation, and you have near line of sight to the cell site, and it's completely possible to pick up a signal from that distance.