Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

The Sensorly online maps are reading "4G" in purple. It doesn't specify if it's WiMax (which has maybe 1-2 towers) or LTE.

Is it reading LTE?

Use the drop down box. Sensory certainly does differentiate.  For Sprint, there is a WiMax map and a 4G (LTE) map.  Two separate things, two separate maps.  

• Like 1

The Sensorly online maps are reading "4G" in purple. It doesn't specify if it's WiMax (which has maybe 1-2 towers) or LTE.

Is it reading LTE?

Umm, are you looking at the WiMax map or the LTE map? They are labeled in the drop down menu....

Sent from my HTC ONE

Finally got to check out the tower on 19th and camelback! Parked at the Zia records and ran a ton of tests ranging from 5-17 mbps down. Stayed locked on down 19th to Bethany home. Then all the way up from 19th to 7th Ave where I turned and lost it. It was awesome!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 (Note 2 running JellyBomb) using Tapatalk 2

To those who responded to my question, thanks.

My confusion was on their dropdown where it says 4G, not LTE. I know there's a separate WiMax dropdown, but wanted to confirm that they implied LTE when they say 4G.

yes

I don't really run many speed tests, as you can see but, I think my recent speed test results from random places in North Phoenix show that Network Vision is for real. I'm really excited about what is happening here!

Sprint.NV.PHX.jpg

• Like 3

I'm really curious about my locale.

If anyone out there with an LTE phone could get 3G & LTE speedtests up North, where the 51 meets the 101 if you happen to be passing by, I'd appreciate it.

I'm out of contract right now, and I'll need to decide soon what my plans are.

My son on big red "V" keeps bragging about his 50 megs down,while I can't even get online with my 0.3 megs down.

I really want to stay with "S" and not give up my unlimited, but it's still unusable.

Thanks.

Those where the first two towers for lte. If you can wait another few months and see how it progresses, Think more backhaul will go live allowing more lte to come online. 

As just a normal user I would be happy with a solid 20/10 or even somewhat less as I was getting on the Sprint lte towers here. yes flaky speedtests not a fun engineering screen. Though netflix worked and apps just downloaded no forever or never waits. I would say 50 is nice but way overkill on a cell phone. As long as some streaming video works and apps and data download and upload I do not care what the speed tests say or the engineering screen.

No I would not be a netflix hog just would be nice occasionally when we get stuck waiting for things and my young son gets bored. 

I'm really curious about my locale.

If anyone out there with an LTE phone could get 3G & LTE speedtests up North, where the 51 meets the 101 if you happen to be passing by, I'd appreciate it.

I'm out of contract right now, and I'll need to decide soon what my plans are.

My son on big red "V" keeps bragging about his 50 megs down,while I can't even get online with my 0.3 megs down.

I really want to stay with "S" and not give up my unlimited, but it's still unusable.

Thanks.

Well it would be rare for him to get 50mb down on vzw in the valley these days. Most people I know with lte phone with them are having speed issues with them (I am mainly in the east side though). In any case sprint will be 3-6 months before lte ubiquitus through the valley. So there os that.

Well it would be rare for him to get 50mb down on vzw in the valley these days. Most people I know with lte phone with them are having speed issues with them (I am mainly in the east side though). In any case sprint will be 3-6 months before lte ubiquitus through the valley. So there os that.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/615280149

I'm happy for him. The best we see in New Mexico now ever is 15-18Mbps on Verizon. At peak times, it's on average 3-4Mbps. And sometimes even drops below 1Mbps.

Yes, sometimes I can find an under burdened VZW site here that is 30-40Mbps. But it is not common. Tmo LTE and AT&T LTE here are way faster than Verizon. And I imagine Sprint will be too (because it seems like no one in New Mexico uses Sprint except for the 10 of us who post here).

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, like I said earlier today, my contract is up and I'm getting a lot of pressure from the other users on my shared account to switch.

I'm leaning towards a leap of faith and staying with Sprint, getting new phones which 2 of us need, and hoping for better data service within the next 6 months.

I just don't know yet.

• Like 1

Well, like I said earlier today, my contract is up and I'm getting a lot of pressure from the other users on my shared account to switch.

I'm leaning towards a leap of faith and staying with Sprint, getting new phones which 2 of us need, and hoping for better data service within the next 6 months.

I just don't know yet.

I'm a big Sprint critic but their data is becoming more usable. My contract still has a lot of life left but assuming their 4G rollout continues and I can someday soon stream video without problems then the main factor to whether I stay or go will be the ability to keep my current plan. I have no need for unlimited minutes on my plan.

If my contracts were up right now I'd stay a few more months to see how Sprint's data speeds progress. I'd hate to pay more money to Verizon and be limited to 2GB or so for 20-30MB/s speeds that will be mostly useless on mobile devices.