Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

I'm a big Sprint critic but their data is becoming more usable. My contract still has a lot of life left but assuming their 4G rollout continues and I can someday soon stream video without problems then the main factor to whether I stay or go will be the ability to keep my current plan. I have no need for unlimited minutes on my plan.

We have from unconfirmed sources that Sprint is pushing to have 25-30% of the city covered by the end of the month, with the roll-out ramping up from there. If that's the case, your experience should only improve from here on out. However, those kinds of numbers are pretty hard to hit, especially seeing as there's less than two weeks left this month. 

I certainly understand not wanting to move to the unlimited minutes plan. I just added two new lines to my account, and made it clear that I wanted to stay with the Everything Data plans, and was not at all interested in the new 'My Way' plans. You shouldn't have any issues staying with your current plan when you go renew your contract.

• Like 1

I agree. I'd give it another month or two and see if this glacieric LTE deployment pace starts to pick up speed.

Still seems weird we got 2 sited last week and then nothing. What did the Lte workers do the rest of the week? Go golfing?

I agree. I'd give it another month or two and see if this glacieric LTE deployment pace starts to pick up speed.

Still seems weird we got 2 sited last week and then nothing. What did the Lte workers do the rest of the week? Go golfing?

The crews are still installing equipment. The equipment on those two towers were installed weeks ago. Now, the question is, what is the LTE Integration team doing? Haha.

• Like 1

No. It's way too hot for that. :)

• Like 1

i think everyone on sprint in phoenix metro mega plex should call cox and century link and start complaining about the lack of back haul 

Unfortunately, it won't help.

I've had multiple open tickets in the last 3 months trying to get better data service in my home neighborhood.

They send me an email saying their techs said the tower by my house is working as intended, and I'm getting 0.2 down.

They expect us to accept that as the standard.

I'm trying to be patient and see what happens over the next month or so.

Two of the people on my shared service want iPhone5S when released next month, and I hope we get some useful updates prior to that.

Unfortunately, it won't help.

I've had multiple open tickets in the last 3 months trying to get better data service in my home neighborhood.

They send me an email saying their techs said the tower by my house is working as intended, and I'm getting 0.2 down.

They expect us to accept that as the standard.

I'm trying to be patient and see what happens over the next month or so.

Two of the people on my shared service want iPhone5S when released next month, and I hope we get some useful updates prior to that.

im sorry i forgot the /sarcasm

and i was talking about the backhaul providers not sprint

/sarcasm.

LTE will not be WiMax. Do not worry. It will take time. But it will not be WiMax.

Just thinking of the 3 or 4 wimax locations that came to phoenix locals will understand

Just thinking of the 3 or 4 wimax locations that came to phoenix locals will understand

I know what you're thinking about. Those were protection sites. The same thing will not happen with LTE. Sprint already has the equipment installed at more than half of the sites in Phoenix. You can check out the maps yourself. They're just waiting on backhaul. If you need someone to get angry at, get angry at Cox, or Century Link, or Charter, or whoever is supposed to be providing backhaul. 

How did Tmobile get their LTE rolled out in Phoenix so fast ?

They already had the infrastructure in place to support LTE. All they needed to do was slap a couple new antennas up there and voila, LTE. Sprint, for a variety of reasons, does not have the needed bandwidth in place, and that is what they are still waiting on in most cases. They are also completely replacing all their network equipment. T-Mobile didn't do that. Sprint will essentially have a brand new network after this.

Sent from my HTC ONE

What Im hearing for the Phx market isnt the lack of backhaul. Its really the lack of subcontractors.

looking at the permit page and all the completed 3g  sites there are plenty of subcontractors robert has said numerous times az and new mex has been lack of backhaul from our partners at century link and cox... 

those were  protection sites they had to use them or lose them 

lte is going up this isnt wimax  they arent going to all go on at the same time we surely werent expecting 60 a day they will come on line then be done 

We have from unconfirmed sources that Sprint is pushing to have 25-30% of the city covered by the end of the month, with the roll-out ramping up from there. If that's the case, your experience should only improve from here on out. However, those kinds of numbers are pretty hard to hit, especially seeing as there's less than two weeks left this month. 

I certainly understand not wanting to move to the unlimited minutes plan. I just added two new lines to my account, and made it clear that I wanted to stay with the Everything Data plans, and was not at all interested in the new 'My Way' plans. You shouldn't have any issues staying with your current plan when you go renew your contract.

roughly 27% in the next 3 months...not in the next month.

This is inline with the mid 2014 completion date Sprint recently announced.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

where did they announce that?

Not doubting you.. Just curious

Edited by jshock