Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

No it's different. Also my engineering screen modes on my note 5 said it was 20mhz band 41 while lte discovery and signal check pro claimed it was b25. It ended A00

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Do you remember the full GCI? They may be using a different pattern. The Clear Huawei conversions are using a different GCI pattern that has SCP confused as well.

Do you remember the full GCI? They may be using a different pattern. The Clear Huawei conversions are using a different GCI pattern that has SCP confused as well.

36209ccb84b7d8c588e4a89df39860c5.jpgba0acd0f7bf0d21355b3dc567ed47eb8.jpg1f03a2307ca148c8f59a80c37e7281d6.jpg HTC 10 says CA 886aeb05569a3f257ca71aa8419990ee.jpg Update: The secondary cell PCI matches 41 on my home site. So maybe it is a repeater of sorts

HTC 10 says CA Update: The secondary cell PCI matches 41 on my home site. So maybe it is a repeater of sorts

Hmm, different PCIs on CA, so different sectors. Possibly one is the nearby macro and one is the in store small cell.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Hmm, different PCIs on CA, so different sectors. Possibly one is the nearby macro and one is the in store small cell.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Thats what i think. My note 5 would only see the small cell while the htc 10 appeared to aggregate them

Jacksonville Clear 020 Sprint B25 04A

Orlando Clear 032 Sprint B25 05E

Tampa Clear 04B Sprint B25 06A

Clearwire does use 00,01,02 in the area for there sectors.

No way for SCP to dectect B41 from that GCI unless they did 0BC<Clearwire<0FD but that does not leave room for nTelos when they make the switch.

• Like 1

Jacksonville Clear 020 Sprint B25 04A
Orlando Clear 032 Sprint B25 05E
Tampa Clear 04B Sprint B25 06A

Clearwire does use 00,01,02 in the area for there sectors.

No way for SCP to dectect B41 from that GCI unless they did 0BC<Clearwire<0FD but that does not leave room for nTelos when they make the switch.

Maybe a different code for in-store cells?

Sprint went from number one to third in Las Vegas

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/las-vegas-nv/2016/2H

The second half reports are popping up now, even though they will not release the first half 2016 until August 27th.

That's what happens when you spend very little in network capex for a whole quarter. What's interesting is that they tied with T-Mobile in all categories and Verizon/AT&T fought over 1st and 2nd.
  • Like 5

That's what happens when you spend very little in network capex for a whole quarter. What's interesting is that they tied with T-Mobile in all categories and Verizon/AT&T fought over 1st and 2nd.

In my market they went from being tied second with T-Mobile to 4th. Well let's see what happens with the rest of the cities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I believe HTC 9 refers to the M9, not A9.

What is your thinking on the LG G5?

There was hoopla over the fact that the LG G5 didn't support 3x CA when it's direct competitors did. Seems it just wasn't tested as the network didn't support it yet.

I'm totally surprised by the HTC m9, as it did have a category 9 modem. But was said it needed an extra module to reach the speed, looks like HTC included it! Good on them!

• Like 2

No changes yet in the IBEZ. I can speak to the Missouri market where in the last two months they have filled in large gaps on highways, and have finally turned on LTE at every last site in the market (aside from a couple of DAS that we don't have current info for). I've noticed the map finally going LTE in Nebraska, Minnesota, and upstate New York that have long been 3G only areas, plus a portion of the W. Pennsylvania market has minimal B25 coverage now I believe to GMO LTE.

Edit: And don't forget about the nTelos LTE additions!

Speaking of upstate New York , was in lake George and 3G was almost as bad as free hotel wifi! I can't understand how a place with so much tourist activity can be so awful!!!

Speaking of upstate New York , was in lake George and 3G was almost as bad as free hotel wifi! I can't understand how a place with so much tourist activity can be so awful!!!

Yep. I live about 20 minutes away from Lake George and noticed the ridiculously slow 3G when I was up there about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Took me about 30 minutes to download an 18MB podcast. That was the last straw for me that got me to switch to Cricket.

• Like 2

There was hoopla over the fact that the LG G5 didn't support 3x CA when it's direct competitors did. Seems it just wasn't tested as the network didn't support it yet.

I'm totally surprised by the HTC m9, as it did have a category 9 modem. But was said it needed an extra module to reach the speed, looks like HTC included it! Good on them!

99% certain that there are errors in that release, as the HTC M9 does not support 3xCA on B41. And currently, we don't have any evidence that the LG G5 can or will be updated to support it either. I'm not certain that the author and editors of that particular release were fully informed.

Sent from my LG G5

Yep. I live about 20 minutes away from Lake George and noticed the ridiculously slow 3G when I was up there about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Took me about 30 minutes to download an 18MB podcast. That was the last straw for me that got me to switch to Cricket.

How's cricket compare?

I was looking into cricket too. I travel up there frequent enough that it drives me crazy and brings back PTSD from NV 1.0

Queens berry has lte but not lake George? Smh.

Looking at cricket do they allow hotspot devices?

How's cricket compare?

I haven't been to Lake George since I switched, but Cricket's coverage map shows LTE up there. I can tell you where I live in Queensbury, there are places where I got 3G on Sprint but I get LTE on Cricket so the coverage in this area is better.

I was looking into cricket too. I travel up there frequent enough that it drives me crazy and brings back PTSD from NV 1.0

Queens berry has lte but not lake George? Smh.

Looking at cricket do they allow hotspot devices?

As I mentioned about your quote, even parts of Queensbury doesn't have LTE, but on Cricket the worst I've gotten is HSPA, which is significantly faster than Sprint's 3G. I'm not sure about Cricket's hotspot policy since I don't use hotspots. I'm pretty sure it's not included with their plans, but I don't know if there's an add-on available for it.

Not to mention $65 for unlimited data isn't bad. 8mbps cap is fine I'd rather have that and coverage than 100mbps in a small radius.

That is an excellent point. I hope Sprint is listening. #canyouhearmenow
  • Like 1

That is an excellent point. I hope Sprint is listening. #canyouhearmenow

Based on the new commercials it seems like Sprint is saying we are reliable where you need it (whatever they are deeming is reliable). They are now on the Speed kick in trying to be the fastest. I personally don't care for the speed. I just want to hold a consistent LTE signal even if it was only at 8 or 10mbps.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

• Like 6

It's absolutely fair to be disappointed or mad that Sprint doesn't have the large service area of the other 3 but in my opinion it's not fair to pseudo-demonize Sprint for focusing on 3xCA deployment instead of building out thousands of new macro sites. I'm sure Sprint did a cost benefit analysis of this and saw that when you can cover 95% of the POPs of the country's largest network while having a network one third of the size, then for now spending billions on expansion isn't worth it. I don't see the problem in giving a better/more solid experience to those in the current footprint before expanding outward.

For now Sprint needs to beat everyone else within their current footprint, something that T-Mobile did early on before they expanded. It makes sense for Sprint to do the same.

• Like 3

It's absolutely fair to be disappointed or mad that Sprint doesn't have the large service area of the other 3 but in my opinion it's not fair to pseudo-demonize Sprint for focusing on 3xCA deployment instead of building out thousands of new macro sites. I'm sure Sprint did a cost benefit analysis of this and saw that when you can cover 95% of the POPs of the country's largest network while having a network one third of the size, then for now spending billions on expansion isn't worth it. I don't see the problem in giving a better/more solid experience to those in the current footprint before expanding outward.

For now Sprint needs to beat everyone else within their current footprint, something that T-Mobile did early on before they expanded. It makes sense for Sprint to do the same.

Another excellent point. I guess the lesson here is if Sprint doesn't work for you then simply don't use them. For me Sprint is good to excellent. It is others for whom I feel badly. That said I still find it surprising and disappointing that many decently sized metro areas STILL lack band 41..like my hometown of Lexington, KY. A metro area of half a million still with no band 41? Sprint has a ton of work yet to do, even within its native footprint. So I guess that even further bolsters your contention.
  • Like 5

Not to mention $65 for unlimited data isn't bad. 8mbps cap is fine I'd rather have that and coverage than 100mbps in a small radius.

Darn I didn't know getting 5gb of high speed then getting knocked down to 2G was unlimited data. What was I thinking.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Darn I didn't know getting 5gb of high speed then getting knocked down to 2G was unlimited data. What was I thinking.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Cricket actually gives unlimited st 8 Mbps, no throttling or downgrading to 2G involved.
  • Like 3

Cricket actually gives unlimited st 8 Mbps, no throttling or downgrading to 2G involved.

Except Cricket's pings are way slower than Sprint. When I tested the network, I never had below 200 ms pings. Meanwhile on Sprint GMO 3G, the worst pings I'd ever have are low 100's. Usually I get pings of 30s in New York City on either 3G/LTE, 60s in State College on GMO LTE, and 80s on GMO 3G in rural PA along the interstate. 

While the pings may not be a dealbreaker, I've never experienced such high pings on a constant basis. With T-Mobile I usually get below 50 ms and with Sprint I get below 100 ms. To me, the pings made the AT&T/Cricket test unbearable and not worth it.

On another note of MVNO talk, Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) has 5GB of data, unlimited talk/text for $35/month. Data is throttled to 5 Mpbs on LTE. Extra data can be purchased for $10/3GB of overflow data until you cancel the line. 

On another note of MVNO talk, Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) has 5GB of data, unlimited talk/text for $35/month. Data is throttled to 5 Mpbs on LTE. Extra data can be purchased for $10/3GB of overflow data until you cancel the line.

Never really paid attention to MVNO plans but that sounds like a damn good deal for Verizon service.