The pole, the pole, the pole is on fire. We don't want no GMO let the freaking pole burn!

COZisBack

u2yhuzyn.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure this just became the front runner.

It may take the perfect Ghostbusters quote to top it.

• Like 3

A year from now when the merger is announced as successful and the magentian overlord Legree is announced as CEO. AJ makes a proclamation, "Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!"

The GMO was only the beginning, we have no idea of the horrors awaiting us.

• Like 2

Stantz: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.

Spengler: I blame myself.

Venkman: So do I.

Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.

Venkman: Why worry?

• Like 2

When I first saw this I thought that Masa had finally initiated his Rapid Fire B plan which basically attaches pico size smoke detectors  on sites that have LTE to quell the complaints from members that an't tell if their site has LTE or not.

But then I saw this...

Read in latest Telco News and Site Reports...

TS out

Edit: off topic but I didn't realize that real life trenchcoat ex- Sprint spokesperson Brian Baker is married to Terry Farrell (of Star Trek DS9 fame)

That's a lucky dude right there.

Nice to see one of the oldest form of wireless communications making a comeback to Sprint. Smoke Signals.

Let's just hope for the sake of our own health that data hoggers dont heavily congest that slice of spectrum.

• Like 3

I could tweet that picture to @SprintCare and they would still tell me to run a prl/profile update.

They've actually taken the pole down. They've just erected ( :lol:  ) a COW.

Dang it, AJ took my pole smoking reference

I am not sure that many got my "pole smoking" reference, so I will make it a bit more ribald.

One night, a Network Vision contractor in Columbus asked his new girlfriend if she would "smoke his pole."  She looked a bit confused, and the next morning, this happened...

071514-tower-fire.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

And you could put strychnine in the guacamole.  Whatever.  Just go take your traveler's cheques to a competing provider.

AJ

• Like 1

I am not sure that many got my "pole smoking" reference, so I will make it a bit more ribald.

One night, a Network Vision contractor in Columbus asked his new girlfriend if she would "smoke his pole."  She looked a bit confused, and the next morning, this happened...

071514-tower-fire.jpg

AJ

That dude should be thankful that she lit that pole instead of the one he was referring to.

I have seen first hand a cell site on fire while in the public safety sector (police- 2 years, fire service - 8 years) while with the fire department.

An incident like this there is really nothing you can do except clear the area and let the fire burn itself out, the site we responded to years ago was a co-located monopole site, the fire started on AT&T's basestation equipment which then the fire spread to the cabling and right up the site it went towards the panels.  The site here experienced structure failure and collapsed within 45mins after I pulled the electric meters to all of the cellular equipment.  It was found that the site was improperly grounded which had caused the fire...

• 2 weeks later...

New Contest

Funniest comment gets $25 donated towards their S4GRU sponsorship. If you're a Premier member and would like to donate that $25 sponsorship to another S4GRU member, you can.

Contest ends 7/31/2014. Winner will be decided collectively by S4GRU staff.

u2yhuzyn.jpg

Here's our Winner!

newboyx, PM me and let me know if you want your winning donation added to your profile or if you want that amount gifted to another member.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...