iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

ios7waterproof.png

That worked so well for my fiance on Saturday night. She dropped her gold 5s in the toilet while getting ready for her bachelorette party. So naturally, she doesn't know how to use Android, and I had to give her my iPhone until Friday and activate my m8. It's not like ios 8 is coming out this week or anything. :(

That worked so well for my fiance on Saturday night. She dropped her gold 5s in the toilet while getting ready for her bachelorette party. So naturally, she doesn't know how to use Android, and I had to give her my iPhone until Friday and activate my m8. It's not like ios 8 is coming out this week or anything. :(

No applecare?????

ios7waterproof.png

If you fully believe that firmware can prevent/solve the problem of moisture accumulation, short circuits, and metal corrosion from you being a klutz and dropping your phone in the toilet, then I already happen to have an iPhone 9Shi that I will sell you for the very reasonable price of $2500.  It is called the iPhone 9Shi because it has a revolutionary anti microbial coating that protects against fecal contamination.

AJ

• Like 2

If you fully believe that firmware can prevent/solve the problem of moisture accumulation, short circuits, and metal corrosion from you being a klutz and dropping your phone in the toilet, then I already happen to have an iPhone 9Shi that I will sell you for the very reasonable price of $2500.  It is called the iPhone 9Shi because it has a revolutionary anti microbial coating that protects against fecal contamination.

AJ

I don't know how dumb one would have to be to think that a software update would render the phone waterproof. I think there were posts on twitter about it a while back. 

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/23/ios-7-doesnt-make-your-phone-waterproof-but-that-doesnt-stop-people-from-trying-4088922/

Makes me smile. 

Is there any evidence that supports rumors of this phone not supporting band 41? Triband devices existed when the 5S was released a year ago without it - I see no reason at all why this phone wouldn't have it now.

Ive searched everywhere for information about it. The only thing I found most official is a statement from Dr. Saw in the newsroom

And it was of course exciting to see Apple announce that its iPhone 6 product line will support both FDD and TDD LTE in some SKUs. As prominent device makers add more bands to their products, consumers benefit from global roaming support, as well as the lower prices that economies of scale can provide.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/happy-new-year-lte.htm

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think Sprint is releasing any "non-spark" smartphones anymore. Just wouldn't make sense.

They said as much last year, IIRC.

They said as much last year, IIRC.

I forget exactly who it was for Sprint (CFO I believe) giving a financial report last year in August and said all future Sprint phones will be Tri-band. Then he was asked about the iPhone and back-tracked saying he can't comment on anything Apple.

While they haven't made any official announcements about the iPhone 6 being Tri-band, it can't be stated that they said the 5s was going to be Tri-band either.

This will all be for naught in about 24 hours once it hits the FCC and AJ gets his hands on the report.

I forget exactly who it was for Sprint (CFO I believe) giving a financial report last year in August and said all future Sprint phones will be Tri-band. Then he was asked about the iPhone and back-tracked saying he can't comment on anything Apple.

While they haven't made any official announcements about the iPhone 6 being Tri-band, it can't be stated that they said the 5s was going to be Tri-band either.

This will all be for naught in about 24 hours once it hits the FCC and AJ gets his hands on the report.

Less than 22 hours and it will be announced anyway. 

At this point the leaks are getting out of hand, you have BGR reporting everything they could possibly dream up as a leak, and it's just blah.

I think it's funny how some blogs talk about how apple is behind android in some areas yea around this time a year every last tech blog goes ape s#%t about apple. Apple is still running things with one phone released yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's funny how some blogs talk about how apple is behind android in some areas yea around this time a year every last tech blog goes ape s#%t about apple. Apple is still running things with one phone released yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the tech blogs, wait until you see how many Android users on this forum are posting in this thread tomorrow afternoon.  

Forget the tech blogs, wait until you see how many Android users on this forum are posting in this thread tomorrow afternoon.

Especially is B41 isn't present at launch. Lol

Especially is B41 isn't present at launch. Lol

With the quote above being said and statements released from Sprint about triband, would that mean that Sprint would not offer the i6 until it is available?

Staying that same vein... Let's say a b41 variant is not available from Apple for several weeks (hopefully not months), would this allow for Apple to upgrade other components of the i6 (sapphire glass, upgraded wifi components, etc...) since they are gearing up for the initial release?

With the quote above being said and statements released from Sprint about triband, would that mean that Sprint would not offer the i6 until it is available?

Staying that same vein... Let's say a b41 variant is not available from Apple for several weeks (hopefully not months), would this allow for Apple to upgrade other components of the i6 (sapphire glass, upgraded wifi components, etc...) since they are gearing up for the initial release?

As in the sprint variant has higher quality components? Sapphire screen, newest wifi, b41 and CA?

Yes

No way can they afford to miss release date on an iPhone. If for some crazy reason B41 isn't ready for a few weeks / months on the Sprint variant they'll do what they did with the S4 and release a non-Triband version first; but I highly doubt it's devoid of B41 from the gate.

Yes

Definitely not. Sprint would loose out on sales and possibly even subs. On top of that, our cost would clearly be higher as we are receiving a premium product. And apple would have to test it and all these other things. I just don't see it

Gentlemen, I think we are starting to get out of hand here. At this point, Band 41 is anyone's guess. We are 19 1/2 hours from announcement. We will know then if it includes Band 41. Let's not worry ourselves with all this.

• Like 3