iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Yup. And I'll know next week whether or not I'm sticking to iOS, or going to the dark side.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I'm sticking with iOS. If iPhone 6 doesn't have Band 41 LTE, I'm pretty sure it does, I'll just keep my Nexus 5 around.

Should we even care about single band CA? Especially in markets that don't even have multiple B25 carriers? Doesn't seem like a "need to have" feature yet. Although it's nice to have a maxed out spec-sheet. 

Multiple band 25 carriers are impractical in many markets, irrelevant in all markets.  The only carrier aggregation that Sprint currently has planned is in band 41.  So, take that for what you will.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm sticking with iOS. If iPhone 6 doesn't have Band 41 LTE, I'm pretty sure it does, I'll just keep my Nexus 5 around.

I don't want to leave ios. I would much rather stay, but I don't have the leisure of having 2 devices right now so the next one I get is the one I stay with. I would prefer it be an iphone because I am very fond of their customer service, and of course the product quality.... But we will see. I don't see not having b41 in Orlando as a feasible option. This city is highly populated, and b41 is needed to reduce some of this congestion I have started noticing....everywhere

I don't want to leave ios. I would much rather stay, but I don't have the leisure of having 2 devices right now so the next one I get is the one I stay with. I would prefer it be an iphone because I am very fond of their customer service, and of course the product quality.... But we will see. I don't see not having b41 in Orlando as a feasible option. This city is highly populated, and b41 is needed to reduce some of this congestion I have started noticing....everywhere

I see you're posting from an iPhone 5S - are you going to sell yours to buy the iPhone 6? If so, what's stopping you from doing that with the iPhone 6 next year to get a the 2015 model iPhone (6S?) that would theoretically support B41 CA?

As an aside, I called Sprint Support today and had them carrier unlock my iPhone 5S so I can sell it on eBay with an international auction to get in on this sweet iPhone 6 action.

• Like 1

I see you're posting from an iPhone 5S - are you going to sell yours to buy the iPhone 6? If so, what's stopping you from doing that with the iPhone 6 next year to get a the 2015 model iPhone (6S?) that would theoretically support B41 CA?

As an aside, I called Sprint Support today and had them carrier unlock my iPhone 5S so I can sell it on eBay with an international auction to get in on this sweet iPhone 6 action.

Depends. In order to renew my 2 year earlier than expected I may have to give them the phone. I am not sure if this phone would sell for enough now that there is a dent in the top right thanks to my dog. So I am not sure if it will reduce the full retail value down to something I would want to pay for(using the cash from the 5s obviously to pay off a large sum of whatever card I put it on). Worst case scenario, I just wait until February and upgrade when I am due for my upgrade lol. Perhaps sprint will run a deal on the 6 for 99 and I will most likely be charged 100 for an early upgrade fee so it'll equal about the usual.

My main concern is b41. CA is not that important to me yet.... I think?

My main concern is b41. CA is not that important to me yet.... I think?

If you keep your phone for a 2 year cycle, I can see where not having CA could be a big deal.

Sprint is still in the process of finishing out NV1.0 and optimizing a lot of B26 sites in my market. We have the Clear B41 sites and permits issued for some NV2.0 work, but I honestly don't think I'd see the new 8T8R equipment finished until summer of 2015, anyway. Then, it's just waiting out the 2-3 months for the new iPhone and hoping it has a chipset that can handle CA (which it should, if it already exists and was passed over).

That's my plan, anyway.

I can't imagine the new iPhone not supporting B41. Apple wants their users to have a good experience, and omitting a LTE band on a capable chipset doesn't seem like a good idea if you want to keep customers happy and locked in your ecosystem.

• Like 1

Be honest, how many of you guys are in this line already:

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/03/campers-waiting-for-iphone-6/

Not a chance. Those people are going to be waiting there a long time considering the 9th is the day apple announces the phone, not the day it's available in stores...idiots.

I will walk my happy self into a sprint or best buy store and walk out 15 mins later with the 6. No reason in sitting outside like a lunatic for a 2 weeks. Pass. I have a job, class, and more important things to do.

• Like 2

I usually order mine online and have them shipped to my house or office. I'm getting too old to wait in those lines - my time is way more valuable than that. :)

I just caught up on today's tech news. I see the samsung note edge now has a cool, over-the-edge screen. Where have I seen that before?

On the iPhone in another 2-3 years?  Is that what your crystal ball says, Madam Vince?

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Hope it starts at 32 gb.

Me too. I have no use for 16GB or 128GB. I have a 64GB now and think that may even be too big.

• Like 1

Me too. I have no use for 16GB or 128GB. I have a 64GB now and think that may even be too big.

5 days! Maybe they will surprise us this year since they have 80 million units available... and they'll do a launch of the iPhone 6 and iOS 8 on announce day. Perhaps this is why T-mobile has the September 10th event the DAY after? From what I read on the interwebs, Apple seeded the final beta to carriers before the developers. This means in my mind that they are pushing to make sure the phones have proper carrier functionality before making sure everything else is polished...that can come after. Why? 

Well....We will see. 

• Like 1