Sprints 'Happy Connecting' Event

JThorson

I wouldn't trivialize the Under Armour announcement. It's a dissappointment for many of us techno geeks but Under Armour sells...there is a whole generation, like my son, dressed from head to toe in Under Armour waiting for their first cell phone who will beg for a phone with UA no matter what the features are.

OK.  Someone cares about Under Armor in their cell phone provider.  I stand corrected.

Robert

• Like 4

I wouldn't trivialize the Under Armour announcement. It's a dissappointment for many of us techno geeks but Under Armour sells...there is a whole generation, like my son, dressed from head to toe in Under Armour waiting for their first cell phone who will beg for a phone with UA no matter what the features are.

yes thinking about your comment, this could be one of the more forward thinking marketing things sprint has done in a while.

underarmor is 'the new nike' in a lot of young circles, and one of the best ways to sell stuff is through youngsters.

• Like 2

OK.  Someone cares about Under Armor in their cell phone provider.  I stand corrected.

In a related announcement, VZW, to cater to its core subscribership, has inked pacts with Munsingwear and BVD.

AJ

Sounds dirty when you say it.  :lol:

Aw, don't get your panties in a bunch.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

In yet another related announcement, T-Mobile has just signed a similar marketing arrangement with Victoria's Secret thongs -- for both women and men.  It is very European.

worldhum_360_speedo.jpg

AJ

With nationwide HD voice, does it work across markets and OEM's?

Yes, the Nextel antennalope have been repurposed to relay nationwide HD Voice.

AJ

• Like 1

"For companies with people in them™"

"Empower your weirdos"

"Read our impassioned plea"

"Work this way™"

Looks like the Framily folks got ahold of the business marketing too.

ydedygan.jpg

Should have had Bill Swerski MC...

"HESSE CAN KICK THAT LEDGER'S ASS, NEITHER COULD STAND UP AGAINST DITKA. DA BEARS."

Yeah, I could hear the Superfans saying, "Hesse."  But "Legere" just does not have that ring to it.

AJ

• Like 1

I agree.  We are so far ahead in the news here at S4GRU that we are never really excited or surprised with info by the time Sprint officially announces it.  The only things we get surprised about is trivial stuff, like Under Armor.

Robert

^ yeah this basically sums it up for me, 

What is 8T8R?

8T8R is the term used for Sprint's Band 41 equipment. Each antenna panel uses 8 transmit and 8 receive antennas. The antenna panels are designed to project signal very close to the same signal propagation as Sprint's PCS LTE network in ideal conditions.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Late to the party (thanks, work).

How many F-bombs and potshots did Dan take at the Duopoly? Any vague sexual assault innuendos?

None?

Good. This is the guy I want running the company.

• Like 11

So their going to replace the new NV equipment with the 8T9R?

It will go on the tower in addition to the NV equipment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I don't know if this was mentioned but Chicago is already running the new 8T8R equipment on a trial basis as per this link article.http://gigaom.com/2014/06/23/sprints-8-antenna-lte-tech-moves-out-of-the-labs-and-into-chicago/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OmMalik+%28GigaOM%3A+Tech%29

• Like 1