PC Web Browsers

Ascertion

I use Chrome and love the fact that it now shows you one which tab audio is being played from. I found it to be such a pain point to have to track down a tab playing some silly AD distracting me from what I was reading. I also am a fan of the automatic updates an inclusion of Flash Player (even though it tends not to be fully stable at times with multiple tabs). Just one less crap I have to download when I setup a new PC.

Which is your favorite, and why?

I've been using Chrome for awhile and while I do love it, I always want to try something new so I recently switched to Firefox.  Both have theirs ups and downs but I do enjoy using them both.

i' not a fan of FF because they are still stuck on a single threaded execution model.  With FF when i open my daily 44 tabs it takes much much longer than chrome or even IE who both use MT engines.  I can open all 44 tabs in chrome in less than 45 seconds.  It takes 3 minutes or more for FF to do that.

i' not a fan of FF because they are still stuck on a single threaded execution model. With FF when i open my daily 44 tabs it takes much much longer than chrome or even IE who both use MT engines. I can open all 44 tabs in chrome in less than 45 seconds. It takes 3 minutes or more for FF to do that.

44 tabs?! I don't think I'd even know where to start!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I've been using IE11 for a while now. I tried Chrome but it didn't seem to be much of an improvement so I went back to IE. Chrome syncing with android was neat at first until I realized I don't use the web browser on my mobile devices much when most app's work a lot better.

I've been using IE11 for a while now. I tried Chrome but it didn't seem to be much of an improvement so I went back to IE. Chrome syncing with android was neat at first until I realized I don't use the web browser on my mobile devices much when most app's work a lot better.

since i have an android phone and i'm fully in the Google apps camp i just stick within the Google ecosystem across desktop, mobile, and phones..:)

My mother uses IE10 on her laptop, and I had to do something for her the other day and couldn't believe how "slow" it was!  Google Chrome just seems so much speedier.

I once had a 20-minute discussion with my grandparents about the difference between Google Chrome, the browser, and the website Google.com.  They thought they were the same thing ... oy vey!

At home its Chrome unless I need to go tot he Sprint site which works better in IE for some reason. At Work, its mostly IE on the work pcs and on the laptop its Chrome.

really?  I've used GC and IE side by side and I've never seen the sprint site work better under IE than Google..:)  YMMV

I use Chrome on the PC and Firefox on the phone. I have tried Chrome a number of times on the phone and really try to like it but it just doesn't feel right.

really?  I've used GC and IE side by side and I've never seen the sprint site work better under IE than Google.. :)  YMMV

Yeah I know. But chat works a tiny bit better with IE as well as their community forums. Its basically the only site that just acts weird on my Chrome. Other than that i wouldn't touch IE at all,( well except for work stuff, forced by the IT folks).

Opera.  It handles multiple tabs better than any other browser I have used.

The only annoyance is that you often have to fake your user agent to identify as Internet Explorer because a lot of stupid web designers check for Opera and either put up a message or redirect you.  It has this feature built in, probably because old versions (Before 8) of Opera were a little off compatibility wise.

Opera.  It handles multiple tabs better than any other browser I have used.

The only annoyance is that you often have to fake your user agent to identify as Internet Explorer because a lot of stupid web designers check for Opera and either put up a message or redirect you.  It has this feature built in, probably because old versions (Before 8) of Opera were a little off compatibility wise.

Opera Next or old school v12?