Sprint Launching New LTE Cities - December 2013

Hi, I have been digging around the site off and on over the last few weeks since seeing it mentioned in Digiblur's XDA PRL thread hoping to find mention of 4g LTE rollout for Roanoke, VA 24012. Anyone have any info or able to direct me to an appropriate thread to monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Up all Night Sleep all Day Nexus 5!

Roanoke is not an official Sprint market. I believe they are covered by nTelos, who is doing their own network upgrades. I don't have any good information for you on nTelos. We do have an nTelos thread in the markets section of the forum. I would check that out. 

• Like 1

What I don't understand us they gave columbiana and Salem,oh with lte now showing on the coverage map but they don't get the Youngstown area up and running where there are a lot more people then where they have launched in those other 2 cities... Sprint screws it up again IMO...

And those are also the only 2 markets in the whole state oh ohio to show coverage on sprints coverage maps... Unreal

Edited by Wj2005
  • Like 2

What I don't understand us they gave columbiana and Salem,oh with lte now showing on the coverage map but they don't get the Youngstown area up and running where there are a lot more people then where they have launched in those other 2 cities... Sprint screws it up again IMO...

And those are also the only 2 markets in the whole state oh ohio to show coverage on sprints coverage maps... Unreal

We do not host Sprint complaints at S4GRU.  And you obviously are unaware of how Network Vision will be deployed to all Sprint markets.  We have that information here, especially in our sponsors' area.  So, stick around, read, ask questions, and get educated on the matter.  But no more rants.

AJ

Ok then... First, you don't know how educated I am or not on sprint, there network or how the nv upgrades are being deployed on one post I have made.

Second, the only info about this was on the thread for new cities in dec for lte. But nothing about sprints coverage map being updated.... Also you might want to update the spelling to columbiana as it is spelled incorrect in that thread... But then again I am uneducated as you say.

I guess I have to watch what I post and make sure it's not a "rant" as you say since someone that is new to the site and getting such a nice warm welcome... I really appreciate it!

I feel your post is only to try to get me to become a "sponsor" since it seems a lot of the info is on that part of the site. Maybe if I was a sponsor, I wouldn't be patrolled on my 1 post I have made as much!

• Like 1

Ok then... First, you don't know how educated I am or not on sprint, there network or how the nv upgrades are being deployed on one post I have made.

*Their (Sorry had to!)

Just cool down, he wasn't calling you uneducated. Just saying you need to spend some more time on the site and educate yourself on Sprint's entire Network Vision upgrade.

• Like 1

I just located some other posts from other members "ranting" about signal strength inside buildings and nothing was said to them but I noticed they are sponsors of the site. So obviously members are patrolled differently if they are a sponsor or not versus being patrolled fairly across all members.

Second, the only info about this was on the thread for new cities in dec for lte. But nothing about sprints coverage map being updated.... Also you might want to update the spelling to columbiana as it is spelled incorrect in that thread... But then again I am uneducated as you say.

I guess I have to watch what I post and make sure it's not a "rant" as you say since someone that is new to the site and getting such a nice warm welcome... I really appreciate it!

I feel your post is only to try to get me to become a "sponsor" since it seems a lot of the info is on that part of the site. Maybe if I was a sponsor, I wouldn't be patrolled on my 1 post I have made as much!

As a sponsor, you would have been held to a higher standard. If I were you, I would refer to the S4GRU posting guidelines so you don't post anything that is against them.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/&do=findComment&comment=168319

Welcome to the site! AJ means well, he is just doing his job as to keep this forum a nice place for everyone so it doesn't descend into the chaos that most other Sprint forums have become.

• Like 2

*Their (Sorry had to!)

Just cool down, he wasn't calling you uneducated. Just saying you need to spend some more time on the site and educate yourself on Sprint's entire Network Vision upgrade.

Wow... Sorry for the grammar error! I had to retype my post 4 times as each time I came back to it on my iPad it would refresh and I would have to start over.

And he did say I need to read and get educated... So, if I need to get educated that would mean he feels that I am uneducated so no he did not come right out and say that but IMO implying that I wasn't educated on the subject.

Well, your first two posts suggest that you think Network Vision deployment is or should be prioritized by population. That is incorrect. You need to further your learning on the matter. At S4GRU, you are in the right place to do so.

Actually, my response was rather helpful and tactful to someone who comes into our forums and drops a rant right away. We have been far more forceful with others who have done likewise. You get the benefit of a relaxed Sunday morning. But it is your responsibility to know our rules.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

So, are you good with those rules? If so, please stay. If not, the door to leave is always open.

AJ

Well, your first two posts suggest that you think Network Vision deployment is or should be prioritized by population. That is incorrect. You need to further your learning on the matter. At S4GRU, you are in the right place to do so.

Actually, my response was rather helpful and tactful to someone who comes into our forums and drops a rant right away. We have been far more forceful with others who have done likewise. You get the benefit of a relaxed Sunday morning. But it is your responsibility to know our rules.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

So, are you good with those rules? If so, please stay. If not, the door to leave is always open.

AJ

Was helpful... Sure, basically saying that the information I need to be educated on is in the sponsors area is being helpful then ok.

Again I gave read other "rants" by sponsor members and I didn't see any patrolling posts to them so I guess it us what it is. I will continue to read and maybe post from time to time but at this time with such a warm welcome wagon I am not going to become a paid member.

Was helpful... Sure, basically saying that the information I need to be educated on is in the sponsors area is being helpful then ok.

No, lots of very useful, educational info is available in the public sections of The Forums. But the most valuable info is in our sponsors' area, hence why I used the word "especially." And that is the way it has to be. We cannot distribute insider info to the population at large. Additionally, S4GRU is non profit, so we rely on sponsorship to keep the site running.

Again I gave read other "rants" by sponsor members and I didn't see any patrolling posts to them so I guess it us what it is.

You are welcome to point out those "rants." We have only a small volunteer staff. As such, we cannot be everywhere all the time. We directly catch some inappropriate posts; others are caught by members using the Report button. Then, we take a look and decide if action is warranted.

AJ

• Like 3

I wonder if this means there's going to be a mass of 3G/4G acceptances within the next week. I imagine Christmas and New Years weeks will have barely any work done.

FWIW, the tower near my house isn't 3G accepted and it doesn't look like anything's been done.

Upper Dorothea has been coming on and off last two days.

There were two more sites that got accepted on friday, the tower in the bovoni area and the tower on mountain top.  So thats a total of 5 towers accepted with 3 to go on St.Thomas.

And of course the comments are 100% negative.  At least on Cnet (regarding the 70 newly announced Sprint LTE cities).  I don't get it.  I have great 1900 mhz LTE coverage everywhere I live, work, play and travel.  Am I the only one?  Or are these people posting grammatically incoherent comments just perpetual negative Nancys?  

I live in Youngstown and feel the same way! WiMax blues all over again. But, there is some good news. I was on my way to work today (in Cleveland) and Signal Check picked up LTE on my Optimus G on I-80 about 7 miles south east of exit 187! that is the middle of absolutely nowhere! So hopefully, the LTE expansion is going much faster than they announce.

And of course the comments are 100% negative.  At least on Cnet (regarding the 70 newly announced Sprint LTE cities).  I don't get it.  I have great 1900 mhz LTE coverage everywhere I live, work, play and travel.  Am I the only one?  Or are these people posting grammatically incoherent comments just perpetual negative Nancys?  

As I have mentioned before....

32054-joseph-ducreaux-haters-gonna-h-erm

• Like 5