Millenicom

bcltoys

The millenicom?  That was more than a decade ago.

AJ

• Like 1

Source? They still have both of their $79.99 "unlimited" plans listed on their website.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28748687-anyone-get-the-email-about-eliminating-plans-

Notice went out sometime this past week.  I am not sure what sort of arrangement they had with sprint.  Seems they got the boot in the past but managed to get back on somehow.  One poster claims it was through a middleman and claiming "educational" usage.

That's all sketchy. Millenicom used the WiMAX network? Or the LTE network?

How the hell did this slip through Sprint? Why did they ever get to sell unlimited off the Sprint network? Who was overseeing this? Does that person still work for Sprint, and if so, why is he not fired?

• Like 1

That's all sketchy. Millenicom used the WiMAX network? Or the LTE network?

How the hell did this slip through Sprint? Why did they ever get to sell unlimited off the Sprint network? Who was overseeing this? Does that person still work for Sprint, and if so, why is he not fired?

They got to use the LTE network as it went live...dunno about Wimax.  They may have made their own plans as well.  Give out unlimited and hope users didnt use that much but if they did, Millenicom was on the hook for the overages.  Then again, maybe they did have unlimited accounts.

Lots of people used this company and racked up a lot of usage.

Since we are on this deal.. Any other companies out there? Looking at a solution I have to put in. No WISPs around that I can find. Only cell signals available are VZW and AT&T. VZW has LTE and AT&T has their non-LTE "4g". DSL stops about a mile up the road. Tempted to go find a neighbor of a neighbor and get DSL installed up the road and throw up some Ubiquiti backhaul and call it a day.

Only thing I can see at this point is that VZW home LTE garbage that gets you 10gb.

Since we are on this deal.. Any other companies out there? Looking at a solution I have to put in. No WISPs around that I can find. Only cell signals available are VZW and AT&T. VZW has LTE and AT&T has their non-LTE "4g". DSL stops about a mile up the road. Tempted to go find a neighbor of a neighbor and get DSL installed up the road and throw up some Ubiquiti backhaul and call it a day.

Only thing I can see at this point is that VZW home LTE garbage that gets you 10gb.

I have about 30 sites planned for the Baton Rouge market, if you have LOS the 5GHz ubiq bridges are affordable and will push 150/150 all day. 

-Will

• Like 1

I have about 30 sites planned for the Baton Rouge market, if you have LOS the 5GHz ubiq bridges are affordable and will push 150/150 all day.

-Will

Getting LOS isn't a problem as the 3 houses are up on a hill. It's 5 miles east of Ethel, LA. Just have to find a spot to snag some Internet as these folks are tired of wildblue.

I have one more year left to wait since a billing issue with Comcast made my bill start charging me $35 higher than it was supposed to and apparently the only way to fix it was to renew my contract 6 months early as a new subscriber for an additional 6 months. So one more year and I am ready for a better solution as well.

I'm hurrying Travis, I'm hurrying.-Will

• Like 1

I have one more year left to wait since a billing issue with Comcast made my bill start charging me $35 higher than it was supposed to and apparently the only way to fix it was to renew my contract 6 months early as a new subscriber for an additional 6 months. So one more year and I am ready for a better solution as well.

Unfortunately, parts of Florida are a no go for me.  Grandfathered earth stations restrict deployment within 150 mile radius of Orlando and Miami; luckily St Augustine is in the clear. 

-Will

Snap snap.... ;)   It's been 15 years or so since I've climbed sites professionally, but look me up if things get to this area.

When, Poor James and his crews when i get the financial backing to cross state lines. 

Sprint NV 3.0?  :D

-Will

I've used Millenicom for several years.  I liked that I wasn't locked into a contract unlike with Sprint.

Now I am not sure what I am going to do for internet at home.  Millenicom was the only Data MVNO I trusted.  The data cap for sprint data plan through Sprint (12 gig for biggest plan) would be a non starter for home internet use for almost any family, but where I live our choices are either Wireless internet (Evdo/3g/4G) or satellite.

Now I am going to have to decide if I want to keep my device on the Sprint network or not, or just go back to using my Novatel WiFi hotspot on the Verizon network. It definitely puts a damper on my enthusiasm for watching the Sprint rollout.

and now Virgin.... 

thank you Mr. Son (not being sarcastic) 

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Sprints-Virgin-Mobile-Appears-to-Be-Killing-Unlimited-Data-126311

The Beyond Talk plans still look like they're in place for smartphones, this is only for Broadband2Go hotspots. 

Basically, Sprint is doing away with unlimited home internet on their network. It makes sense. Sprint isn't a fixed ISP, so it makes sense not to let multiple MVNOs bog down their network for the millions of Sprint subscribers who want to use the network for what it is built for.

• Like 1