Sprint One Up program......breaking news (response to Jump/Edge/Next)

Rocket87

I was on the Sprint website, and from what I just read in the fine print is that Florida and DC aren't participating in the program. Is this true? Is it a legal issue? What if I went to Georgia to buy a phone?

I was on the Sprint website, and from what I just read in the fine print is that Florida and DC aren't participating in the program. Is this true? Is it a legal issue? What if I went to Georgia to buy a phone?

Back in post 116 I mentioned that it is due to a licensing issue.

TS

I was on the Sprint website, and from what I just read in the fine print is that Florida and DC aren't participating in the program. Is this true? Is it a legal issue?

Back in post 116 I mentioned that it is due to a licensing issue.

Mario and Luigi moved to Florida, but Toad and the Princess stayed behind in DC.  They are holding up the licensing in their local jurisdictions.

AJ

Does anyone know if this is a temporary thing or permanent?

Temporary. That being said, with the government shutdown now... who knows if it will affect the licensing process or when it will be dealt with.

Temporary. That being said, with the government shutdown now... who knows if it will affect the licensing process or when it will be dealt with.

I assume since the issue is specific to the law in those states, it should be unaffected. Employees of the states shouldn't be impacted directly by this. Unless there is some federal hoop I'm not aware of.

a sprint store stated that my line is flagged with some E code (not really sure if it was a letter E or what he flashed the screen to me for a quick moment and I saw what looked like an E and maybe 81? ) and that meant that i could trade in my current phone with no issues... even though my account is not 12 months old.  

Hmmm now that I can do what I want not sure I will... OK I will but hmmm

Has anyone else tried to join One Up with a current contract in affect? 

john

a sprint store stated that my line is flagged with some E code (not really sure if it was a letter E or what he flashed the screen to me for a quick moment and I saw what looked like an E and maybe 81? ) and that meant that i could trade in my current phone with no issues... even though my account is not 12 months old.

Hmmm now that I can do what I want not sure I will... OK I will but hmmm

Has anyone else tried to join One Up with a current contract in affect?

john

EIB = eligible installment billing aka Sprint One Up.

That means at the account level you are good. Next to each phone number is a Y or N. That tells you which lines are currently ready for one up or upgrade. You have to EIB and have had your phone for 12 months for there to be a Y next your number.

Also even though the verbaige at the account level says EIB. We are suppose to refer to it as One Up to keep in line with marketing when talking about it.

And to answer your last question to do one up when under contract you must.

1. Your account is EIB

2. Have had your phone 12 months

3. Give back your phone to sprint.

4. Switch to my way plans

If you meet those 4 requirements you are good to go with Sprint One Up even though you are under contract. This also voids out the current contract.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Interesting. I just checked my account and of the two notes i have one seems to be EIB (eligible) for an upgrade the other is not. The hotspot is also eligible for the One up Plan. I got both notes last year  in Oct and Nov. So maybe that is why the other note isn't eligible yet. 

TS

My questions; if you are not trading in a phone then Up is not an option?

I have decided that I am going to get the N3. I want to give my N2 to another line on my account. Could I trade in an old Photon?

Thoughts n ideas?

sent from the tiny N2

What I am wondering is if I were to go to a corporate store in Georgia, could I participate in the One Up program despite having a Floridian address and area code. I don't understand what licensing issues is blocking us when I can go to AT&T and participate in their early upgrade program even though I am from Florida.

What I am wondering is if I were to go to a corporate store in Georgia, could I participate in the One Up program despite having a Floridian address and area code. I don't understand what licensing issues is blocking us when I can go to AT&T and participate in their early upgrade program even though I am from Florida.

There will be no movement in the One Up program until someone recognizes this clever quip:

Mario and Luigi moved to Florida, but Toad and the Princess stayed behind in DC.  They are holding up the licensing in their local jurisdictions.

AJ

• Like 1

My questions; if you are not trading in a phone then Up is not an option?

I have decided that I am going to get the N3. I want to give my N2 to another line on my account. Could I trade in an old Photon?

Thoughts n ideas?

sent from the tiny N2

If you are upgrade eligable you do not have to trade in. If your not then you have to give your current device back to sprint to do One Up.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

so much for that. i am no eligible for because i am on the spending limit program. And to get  off of that they said i have to go a year with out having 1 past due balance. which i am lucky if i can accomplish this. on the plus side im only 6 months away from my upgrade so i will just do it the regular way. 

So if you are not 12 months. You can still do a one up by giving back your phone.

I'm only 4 months in (I know I know no need for a lecturer lol)

i think you have to be at 12 months, even at 12 months you have to give back your phone. At 24 months u keep ur phone. 

It really should depend on how much you paid for subsidy. Full $199-$249 buyers should be able to go right in to one up in my opinion providing they trade in their phone.

that is what basically one store said... not in those words, but said my account and line was 'good to go' for One Up as long as I traded in my s4 with no issues.  I even had him double check...

I just wasn't ready to do it that day, as I wanted to make sure I really wanted a 5s.  

now I'm thinking I goofed and when I go back they will say no dice.  

hmmm

that is what basically one store said... not in those words, but said my account and line was 'good to go' for One Up as long as I traded in my s4 with no issues. I even had him double check...

I just wasn't ready to do it that day, as I wanted to make sure I really wanted a 5s.

now I'm thinking I goofed and when I go back they will say no dice.

hmmm

Did you use your phone number when you upgraded to the S4?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free