Sprint One Up program......breaking news (response to Jump/Edge/Next)

Rocket87

So a tablet data plan is $15/ 2gb does that mean its free with one up?

If so using one up for two years then selling the tablet and starting over would be a pretty good deal. Or sell it after one year to pay off the balance and start over.

I suppose your main line still has to be a my way plan which is not going to happen for me anytime soon.

• Like 1

If Sprint were to sell tablets from brands other than Apple and Samsung (not that they aren't good), I may also get a tablet on the plan, but they don't. 

iPad, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, thats it.

Give us more choices like Note 10.1 2014, Asus Transformers, Nexus 7 and 10, Xperia Tablet Z, etc

TS

So a tablet data plan is $15/ 2gb does that mean its free with one up?

If so using one up for two years then selling the tablet and starting over would be a pretty good deal. Or sell it after one year to pay off the balance and start over.

I suppose your main line still has to be a my way plan which is not going to happen for me anytime soon.

For phones you have to be on a my way plan and then you get a $15 discount. Tablets do not get that discount, but they can be on the regular $5,15,35,50,80 plans. Also you can get one up with a tablet with out having any lines in my way.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

If Sprint were to sell tablets from brands other than Apple and Samsung (not that they aren't good), I may also get a tablet on the plan, but they don't.

iPad, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, thats it.

Give us more choices like Note 10.1 2014, Asus Transformers, Nexus 7 and 10, Xperia Tablet Z, etc

TS

Tab 3 will be out soon, stores already received accessories for it.

• Like 1

For phones you have to be on a my way plan and then you get a $15 discount. Tablets do not get that discount, but they can be on the regular $5,15,35,50,80 plans. Also you can get one up with a tablet with out having any lines in my way.

without the discount there is no point in doing the financing.

The fact that my store has sold multiple tablets each of the last 3 days when for the last 6 months we have averaged maybe 6 a month would disagree. People don't want to pay $500 up front when they can pay $20 a month. A store in ft Wayne sold 30 ipads on Friday alone all with one up. I only know about stores in Indiana but sprints tablet sales are through the roof the roof here the last 3 days.

Anyone else seeing their lines with the upgrade now icon over top them in my account via sprint.com? I have 1 line eligible for 2yr upgrade while two others have the upgrade now option but when I try to check prices it only gives me off contract pricing on the phone for these two lines. Maybe they're getting ready for it to appear on sprint.com?

Tab 3 will be out soon, stores already received accessories for it.

Really? I wonder if there is a correlation to the Galaxy Tab 2 being OOS (out of stock) online last night.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The fact that my store has sold multiple tablets each of the last 3 days when for the last 6 months we have averaged maybe 6 a month would disagree. People don't want to pay $500 up front when they can pay $20 a month. A store in ft Wayne sold 30 ipads on Friday alone all with one up. I only know about stores in Indiana but sprints tablet sales are through the roof the roof here the last 3 days.Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Not only are you paying the same price over the 24 months but you have the trade in option. Since I pads don't really hold there value it really is kind of a no brainer. One up is a much better way to by a tab.

Wish they didn't make this just for Unlimited My Way. If I was to switch, it would cost me about $50 extra each month and it wouldn't work since I have total of 4 phones on my account.

I was told yesterday that the reps were told Fri that  all customers would have to go to the new plans when they do their next upgrade. We actually did switch to the new plan (effective Oct 3rd.) and we are actually saving about $10. Course to do that we limited the 3 lines the kids have to 1 gig while the wife and I are staying unlimited.

I was told yesterday that the reps were told Fri that  all customers would have to go to the new plans when they do their next upgrade. We actually did switch to the new plan (effective Oct 3rd.) and we are actually saving about $10. Course to do that we limited the 3 lines the kids have to 1 gig while the wife and I are staying unlimited.

So my Dad is convinced that because we have been with Sprint for 14 years they won't force us off the unlimited everything plan. Is this information going to be common to store employees or is it just hearsay at the moment?

I was told yesterday that the reps were told Fri that all customers would have to go to the new plans when they do their next upgrade. We actually did switch to the new plan (effective Oct 3rd.) and we are actually saving about $10. Course to do that we limited the 3 lines the kids have to 1 gig while the wife and I are staying unlimited.

I really can't imagine this is the case. Sprint is not Verizon I don't think they could pull this off with out being punished by losing customers. But then again I didn't think they would raise prices after the SoftBank merger but they did so ...

So my Dad is convinced that because we have been with Sprint for 14 years they won't force us off the unlimited everything plan. Is this information going to be common to store employees or is it just hearsay at the moment?

We had the Unlimited 1500 plan and were told that we would have to switch when we upgraded again. The rep is actually pretty knowledgeable and is the only one I will deal with at that store. I don't think she is a member but I do know she visits this site sometimes.

That be said, she is going off what her manager told them so who knows.

Customer Service says no.

Customer Service says no.

We will have to wait till after the 12th, which is when she said it went into effect, for one of the members to do and upgrade to see what the real answer is.  As we all know, you can talk to 10 different Sprint employees and get 10 different answers.

We will have to wait till after the 12th, which is when she said it went into effect, for one of the members to do and upgrade to see what the real answer is. As we all know, you can talk to 10 different Sprint employees and get 10 different answers.

Customer service doesnt know shit usually , I would be careful believing anything they say. But I've heard Oct 12 the old plans will be expiring. Which means new customers can't not get them but current customers can keep them. If that's wrong , which it could be, I'll let you guys know.

Customer service doesnt know shit usually , I would be careful believing anything they say. But I've heard Oct 12 the old plans will be expiring. Which means new customers can't not get them but current customers can keep them. If that's wrong , which it could be, I'll let you guys know. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Basically what I was told. As long as new customers join before then they can get the Unlimited plans. I have a coworker thinking about switching from Verizon and we went to the store last week to compare the Unlimited and MyWay plans and the Unlimited was cheaper for him so hopefully he makes his mind up before then. Another thing with new customers is that unless they are being sent to Sprint by someone already on an Unlimited plan, chances are they will not even hear about them.

Just to point out, if you are on an Unlimited plan, if the date of the 12th is correct about having to switch, it will not effect you until you do you next upgrade from what I was told. Example: if you just did a regular upgrade this month and started the new 2 year cycle then you get to keep the Unlimited plan for the two years unless you do another upgrade.

Edited by Richmc

This was inevitable.  It's what sprint did the last time they did a major plan change. You got to keep your plan until you wanted to upgrade your phone.  Then they forced you to switch. 

• Like 1

My buddy's sister works for sprint. As of now they will let you keep the plans and don't intend to force people off them. At least that is what she is being told now.

Off topic: love the name.

Back on topic: Sprint does like to confuse us and their employees.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The source of the confusion is the one up program. Anyone wanting to participate must change their plan.

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

If you want to use one up for a phone you have to be on my way. If you want a tablet you do not.

Off topic: love the name.

Back on topic: Sprint does like to confuse us and their employees.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Actually the entire point of only having a single type of plan at any given time is to prevent that.

Confusion about plans was what caused the massive billing issues in Sprint's past (Fair & Flexible, Free & Clear and Power Pack days). There were simply so many different kinds of plans and different options for each type that it was impossible to keep straight. That is why the Everything plans were created. The My Way plans now bring Sprint's plans in line with competitors because many customers were unable to adequately compare the different plan structures side-by-side with other carriers. We're not talking about the type of people that actively seek out information on the industry and visit websites like S4GRU, we're talking about the average Joe...

The simple fact is that it is inevitable that the Everything plans will no away, it has happened in the past with every other plan option on every carrier in the world. New plans are released, old ones go away. Usually it is a pretty swift change though, one day and it's done. The fact the Everything plans have stuck around since the My Way plans were introduced is weird, for just about every carrier.

I would also expect unlimited data to go away on older plans shortly after the Everything plans are discontinued. Why else would they be advertising the unlimited for life guarantee so heavily? Makes it real easy to get customers to move to the new consistent plan structure across the majority of customers. Fewer plans in the wild, fewer billing headaches and training cost for customer care reps (already a high-turnover field).

• Like 1