Sprint One Up program......breaking news (response to Jump/Edge/Next)

Rocket87

I have an iPhone 4S and am 22 months into my contract. Can I sell the iPhone, reactivate my Evo 4g and then upgrade under this plan? I've got an upgrade coming to me anyways.

If I bring my own phone, like a nexus 5, do I still get discounted pricing?

Can I pay off he phone all at once instead of installments?

How would an ETF work if you've already paid off phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From the leaked slides (nothing is official to my knowledge) you can sell you current 4s because this wasn't purchased under the one up program, you don't get the discounted pricing for bring your own phone (in fact the discount goes away after you pay off your one up phone) with vzw and AT&T you have the option of paying it off early and it looks like you can with sprint (but why, unless you are going to cancel service) and if it is like vzw and AT&T no etf just pay off the phone.

Looks like a moot point for me as switching to a new plan from my old Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes Included (5 phones) plan would raise my bill ~$41/month. 

(employee discount would move from the basic service on the old plan to instead apply to data on the new plan)

I'll hold out as long as I can. 

Are we clear on whether the old style upgrade paths will still be available? Should I expect to be forced to change plans sometime in the future?

• Like 1

It is too bad that this requires giving the phone back to Sprint. I would have loved to see 1 year old phones constantly on the market for resale.

Well they will be up for resale....by Sprint

The new plans are a problem for the math if you have more than three phones, like me. This is why I am not going to use this option. But if you have 3 or fewer phones or are already on the new plans this is a better option.

Doesnt make sense for me at 3 phones due to the work discount.

Something that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is that this a corporate store only program. Radio shack, best buy Wal-Mart, etc. And even Sprint preffered retailers can NOT do the ONE UP.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

II

Looks like a moot point for me as switching to a new plan from my old Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes Included (5 phones) plan would raise my bill ~$41/month. (employee discount would move from the basic service on the old plan to instead apply to data on the new plan)I'll hold out as long as I can. Are we clear on whether the old style upgrade paths will still be available? Should I expect to be forced to change plans sometime in the future?

Yes they are still available. In fact from what I understand only 1/2 of customers are going to be approved for One Up since half of new customers are sub prime. To be eligible you have to have no deposit and obviously in good standing with your bill to upgrade. Supposedly on Friday price tags will reflect the contract price and the monthly One Up price,but I haven't seen those yet.

Besides like I said above only corporate stores can do this do all other channels can only sell the same as they always have been sold.

IYes they are still available. In fact from what I understand only 1/2 of customers are going to be approved for One Up since half of new customers are sub prime. To be eligible you have to have no deposit and obviously in good standing with your bill to upgrade. Supposedly on Friday price tags will reflect the contract price and the monthly One Up price,but I haven't seen those yet.Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Accounts with spending limits will be eligible, or was that a fancy way if saying deposit when mine was set up?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Accounts with spending limits will be eligible, or was that a fancy way if saying deposit when mine was set up?

The training is very vague. I think.you will be alright because you have to be approved for at least 3 lines to do it and all people approved for 3 lines get spending limits. I'll look into it though.

The training is very vague. I think.you will be alright because you have to be approved for at least 3 lines to do it and all people approved for 3 lines get spending limits. I'll look into it though.

When I opened my account I had a spending limit and only had 2 lines. Later they added a third. My credit was sub par which is why they gave me a spending limit.

Something that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is that this a corporate store only program. Radio shack, best buy Wal-Mart, etc. And even Sprint preffered retailers can NOT do the ONE UP.

That is the same as the other carriers currently.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Something that hasn't been mentioned I don't think is that this a corporate store only program. Radio shack, best buy Wal-Mart, etc. And even Sprint preffered retailers can NOT do the ONE UP.Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

while it's exceptionally unfortunate, I'm not at all surprised. Our buyback system works differently, and they'll want to make sure they get those phones back after that first year. I don't think there's currently a good way to hold dealers responsible for buyback being done at point of sale or not. Actually, I don't think they can at all. This is probably the same reason only corporate stores can do the Upgrade Now program, as it requires trading in your device.

Here's hoping that with Softbank at the helm, they get this sh*t straightened out.

For those members that are in Florida or Washington DC, Kristin Wallace, Sprint PR person stated (earlier today on twitter) that there are licensing delays in those areas, so the Sprint One Up program is not there yet.

She didn't go into if other areas are and only mentioned those two.

Once the licensing delay is dealt with, the program will be offered in those areas.

TS out

The marketing logo for the Sprint One Up program has just been revealed...

5ovZLnQ.jpg

AJ

• Like 11

I can't seem to find any info about what happens with multi-device plans because so far the unlimited plans are a big price jump if you are on a family plan, unless the 15/line discount applies to all lines even ones not taking an upgraded device immediately.

• Like 1

I can't seem to find any info about what happens with multi-device plans because so far the unlimited plans are a big price jump if you are on a family plan, unless the 15/line discount applies to all lines even ones not taking an upgraded device immediately.

Just go to the store and ask and let us know.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

We tried to pickup 5 iPhones 5S today on our business account no go with One Up.  It is not available for business accounts.  I wonder what is available for early upgrades on business accounts?

We tried to pickup 5 iPhones 5S today on our business account no go with One Up.  It is not available for business accounts.  I wonder what is available for early upgrades on business accounts?

I know that ATT doesn't allow the next for business customers either. I am not sure about vzw but I seriously doubt it. Not sure what the logic is behind that.

We tried to pickup 5 iPhones 5S today on our business account no go with One Up. It is not available for business accounts. I wonder what is available for early upgrades on business accounts?

Business accounts are weird. I work at Best Buy and we can't do anything with those accounts, no upgrades or anything.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4