The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

I may be in the minority, but 64GB just isn't enough for the music I'd like to have on me, let alone apps and vids.  Have so many people switched to streaming services that the larger models just don't sell?  I was always confused as to why Apple seemed to really stall in expanding the storage size each year like they used to. 

Haha.. Considering you only require alittle over 32GB to store about 7,000  mp3's  .. I'd question anyone who says 64 GB isn't enough..  I mean if you're into  storing half your entire collection on a phone on any given day - its a waste of space...especially when it takes only a few mins to sync in new files.. Listening to 35 songs takes an hour .. You can easily store thousands of songs with 16GB of space which again is plenty..

I can listen to thousands of songs without having them on my phone at all.   I have a small growing collection of mp3's that total's nearly 11,000 in number.  I can stream music & movie files to  my iPhone 5 without having them on the phone taking up memory.  I only  store only few dozen songs on my iPhone.  Why store so many on a device if you don't have to ?  I have things setup so I can use my iPhone to access my dedicated file server with a  2TB Hard Drive ( just for movies and music and pictures ).. the music and movies are NOT stored on my Windows PC.. Again.. memory arguments are becoming less relevant when it comes to music and pictures with so many ways to stream files and store on cloud...

Even with newer faster Micro SDHC memory out there I can sync files  faster to my iPhone over my Asus N900 Wi-fi   ,, then I can moving files to & from  our families LG optimus  MicroSDHC that my daughter uses.... Micro SD arguments used to hold some valid points a few years ago, but Micro SD is becoming less relevant in todays market.    

Not only the iPhone 5S I got it today while I was waiting for the bus. Had to hold the home button & lock button to get rid of it , after it went away my battery went from 15 to 1 in 2 seconds. God Bless Airplane Mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except it does specifically matter what the quality of the materials are when you ask why nobody complains that it's plastic. It feels very good unlike other crappier feeling cheap plastic devices. That's why. It's not tomato v. tomato here. It's a difference that's very tangible and significant. Yes, metal feels better.... That's the whole point. Certain materials feel better. The 5C uses very high quality materials for the shell, they're just cheaper than the 5S or 5 to manufacture.

As someone who is currently holding an iPhone 5c in his hand, I can tell you that the back is cheap feeling, no matter what. I have my personal 5, and a work 5c, and there is a distinct difference in feel. Yes, the build quality is solid, and there is no flex in the plastic, but it takes away from the premium feel of the iPhone.

I just bought my wife an iPhone 5s for her b day. The signal strength has been hit or miss we had a period where she couldn't send or receive calls at all but I narrowed that issue down to a tower problem. Even other places around town it seems that if the phone isn't on LTE it bounces between 1x And 3g. Could it be as provisioning issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I just bought my wife an iPhone 5s for her b day. The signal strength has been hit or miss we had a period where she couldn't send or receive calls at all but I narrowed that issue down to a tower problem. Even other places around town it seems that if the phone isn't on LTE it bounces between 1x And 3g. Could it be as provisioning issue?

For what it's worth I experienced the same when I first got my iPhone 5 last year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

What you do to get it fixed? I just got off the phone with Sprint. They had me to dial and some key code to update the profile and have me turned off phone off for 5 minutes to see if it's going to get better. I'll see how it goes if not I'm taking the phone back tomorrow for replacement.

What you do to get it fixed? I just got off the phone with Sprint. They had me to dial and some key code to update the profile and have me turned off phone off for 5 minutes to see if it's going to get better. I'll see how it goes if not I'm taking the phone back tomorrow for replacement.

Unfortunately we switched to a Samsung s3. And now have an s4 But want to switch back to an iPhone sooner rather than later.

As someone who is currently holding an iPhone 5c in his hand, I can tell you that the back is cheap feeling, no matter what. I have my personal 5, and a work 5c, and there is a distinct difference in feel. Yes, the build quality is solid, and there is no flex in the plastic, but it takes away from the premium feel of the iPhone.

Yes it's not as nice to behold as a 5 or 5S, but for plastic... you won't find a better / more solid feeling plastic phone. It feels more 'enamel' than plastic.

also, my 64GB 4S is full. I had to delete some apps (iPhoto, GarageBand) to install the iOS 7 update because I needed the space. Apps are getting bigger. Videos are rather large and music and photos can add up quickly. Oddly enough I ordered the 32GB 5S because with LTE I'll be able to do iTunes match to save space on my phone while giving myself the option of all my music, so that's definitely going to be nice. I'll still run out of space, probably day 1.

I took the phone back and exchanged it. The replacement had the same problem which was this cheap case I bought from Walgreens. After removing the case the signal reception is great.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with certain cases on the 5S model?

The only cases that should cause any problem are ones which metal comes in contact with the phone itself. I really really like the Tech 21 cases. Impact mesh or Impact Trio. http://tech21.uk.com

Really good protection, pretty "out of the way" design. And they're not hideous.

Maybe that's what it was I bought a silicon case and the phone works fine.

Yes it's not as nice to behold as a 5 or 5S, but for plastic... you won't find a better / more solid feeling plastic phone. It feels more 'enamel' than plastic.

also, my 64GB 4S is full. I had to delete some apps (iPhoto, GarageBand) to install the iOS 7 update because I needed the space. Apps are getting bigger. Videos are rather large and music and photos can add up quickly. Oddly enough I ordered the 32GB 5S because with LTE I'll be able to do iTunes match to save space on my phone while giving myself the option of all my music, so that's definitely going to be nice. I'll still run out of space, probably day 1.

I had the same thought as you. Just started using iTunes Match a month ago. While my collection is stored in the cloud, every time you play a song, it downloads locally. I noticed this under "usage" when it said I had 150 songs on my phone. You could always just keep deleting them, but I think apple should have an option to only stream.

I've been using Spotify to stream music and overall it is pretty decent. I used a coupon code I received at a concert, so it is only $8/month for premium. Not sure how universal iTunes Match is, but with Spotify, I share my account with my phone, my wife's phone, her iPod, the Tivo and the iPad. You have to option to either download locally or purely stream, too.

When is iOS going to get jailbroken?

Tonight.

AJ

I've been using Spotify to stream music and overall it is pretty decent. I used a coupon code I received at a concert, so it is only $8/month for premium. Not sure how universal iTunes Match is, but with Spotify, I share my account with my phone, my wife's phone, her iPod, the Tivo and the iPad. You have to option to either download locally or purely stream, too.

iTunes Match comes out to about $2/month. The only problem with spotify is I have to make a playlist and search music. I like just having my 3,000 songs and hitting play.

iTunes Match does stream it only downloads locally if you press the cloud

Interesting, I thought ios 7 solved that. Curiosity and all has me thinking it's either a license issue and or carrier's wanted download only.

iTunes Match does stream it only downloads locally if you press the cloud

That's what I thought, too. But it's wrong. Check your "songs" under "usage" after playing some music. That number goes up, while your available space goes down. It's kind of stupid when there's a "cloud" icon specifically for downloading.

Edit: settings - general - about shows the number of songs that increases with play. You can right-to-left swipe in settings - general - usage - music to clear the cache. It's more of a caching than a local download.

So I just swapped sims between two 5s iPhones. To my surprise LTE date was activated within seconds and worked as should, but once I tried to place a call I got sprints service annoucmnt. Is that how the new csim is supposed to work ??

Does anyone have any updates about Sensorly being updated for iOS 7. I wanted to know if I was going to be able to Map anytime soon.

Does anyone have any updates about Sensorly being updated for iOS 7. I wanted to know if I was going to be able to Map anytime soon.

From what I understand Sensorly on iOS automatically test signal strength/type and maps it on the iPhone as long as the program is running.  When you run the speedtest in Sensory it also adds that to the sensorly database as well.

Here's a quote from iOS Sensorly review from June:

"Sensorly does two primary things. First, it collects signal strength information from real-world cellular devices on pretty much every major cellular carrier and then displays it on color-coded Coverage Maps. The second feature that Sensorly offers is to test how fast your carrier is at your current location by performing a data Speed Test."

http://teachmeios.com/app-review-sensorly-for-iphone-and-ipad-cellular-mini/

• Like 1