Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

Clearwire only has a protected site in my area...

No not an over loaded area these speeds have been like this for about 3 years. I suspect it is all due to broadband connection issues.

Im fine with the lte speeds, but the connections to lte are poor and random, you can be standing still and spin around and youll go evdo to lte. All my towers in town are yellow but nothing official from sprint. So again im positive that sspint will make good.

Wow those speeds are kinda bad, especially LTE. Is you're area really loaded or something?

Here's two from my area...LTE and EVDO.  And it doesn't take many customers to do this as this market has a very small percentage of Sprint customers.  By lunch time, LTE is 2000+ ms pings and EVDO is dead, leaving you with no data icon/connection.  Sprint has a long way to go to turn customers around here.  The only reason I'm here is I'm cheap, SERO offers the discount for this market mess, and the unlimited data.

LTEOCT4.pngEVDOOCT4.png

Here's two from my area...LTE and EVDO. And it doesn't take many customers to do this as this market has a very small percentage of Sprint customers. By lunch time, LTE is 2000+ ms pings and EVDO is dead, leaving you with no data icon/connection. Sprint has a long way to go to turn customers around here. The only reason I'm here is I'm cheap, SERO offers the discount for this market mess, and the unlimited data.

LTEOCT4.pngEVDOOCT4.png

I live and work in Downtown Jacksonville and I never get slower than 6mbps on LTE or 1mbps on EVDO. It is usually between 6-25mbps on LTE and 1-2.5mbps on EVDO, with a good signal. The only time it really slows down is if my signal gets worse than about -110dBm and even then, it's usually pretty decent. This is during peak times as well.

Ping times are always decent on LTE (50-70ms). EVDO is not as great, but lot terrible (no higher than 150ms usually).

je2u8atu.jpgyjapa6a5.jpg

Here's two from my area...LTE and EVDO.  And it doesn't take many customers to do this as this market has a very small percentage of Sprint customers.  By lunch time, LTE is 2000+ ms pings and EVDO is dead, leaving you with no data icon/connection.  Sprint has a long way to go to turn customers around here.  The only reason I'm here is I'm cheap, SERO offers the discount for this market mess, and the unlimited data.

LTEOCT4.pngEVDOOCT4.png

I've got basically the same thing, maybe a little faster depending on the time of day. Any idea why this is?

Keep in mind, Softbank has owned sprint about 96 days now. The things we have seen -executed- right now are still likely all legacy sprint plans.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 3

Saturated LTE sector.  Too many customers/devices on one sector.

That sounds weird to me for my area where most people seem to be on AT&T or Verizon. I've noticed in SignalCheck that I bounce back and forth between 2 sectors on the same tower which really bugs me, but I can pull less than 1Mbps with a -104 LTE signal.

Oh well, hopefully the combination of NV and moving to Chattanooga will help.

u sure something isn't wrong with that site? That seems abnormal

EVDO has been broken since November 2012 but Sprint says nothing is wrong with it. It dies a little later in the day. You get no 3g or 4g when this happens. I turn off LTE since it won't stream a 32 kilobits stream and usually just go to roaming or 1x only. Sprint says nothing is wrong with the LTE. It's been like that since the site lit up in May. Just the fun of this launched market. In the middle of town right now, I had LTE outside but stepped inside and it's roaming for me right now.

EVDO has been broken since November 2012 but Sprint says nothing is wrong with it. It dies a little later in the day. You get no 3g or 4g when this happens. I turn off LTE since it won't stream a 32 kilobits stream and usually just go to roaming or 1x only. Sprint says nothing is wrong with the LTE. It's been like that since the site lit up in May. Just the fun of this launched market. In the middle of town right now, I had LTE outside but stepped inside and it's roaming for me right now.

If those were off peak hours, then what do think the problem is?

If those were off peak hours, then what do think the problem is?

No idea, highest I have seen is 8 mbit or so from this site and that was around 4am. I have probably open about 30 to 40 tickets between the two sites in the area. They just close them and say the site is working fine.

We may want to take this to the new orleans market thread or somewhere else as it has gotten off from the topic a bit.

No idea, highest I have seen is 8 mbit or so from this site and that was around 4am. I have probably open about 30 to 40 tickets between the two sites in the area. They just close them and say the site is working fine.

We may want to take this to the new orleans market thread or somewhere else as it has gotten off from the topic a bit.

I don't really have any more desire to pursue it more, it just struck me as really odd. It almost seems to me as if it isn't getting proper backhaul like it should.

I don't really have any more desire to pursue it more, it just struck me as really odd. It almost seems to me as if it isn't getting proper backhaul like it should.

It's correct backhaul. The site covers too many square miles.

It's correct backhaul. The site covers too many square miles.

Would it be better if it covered Les Miles?

:P

AJ 

Would it be better if it covered Les Miles?

:P

AJ

The crews left the legacy site that covers LSU and the stadium when they hit the road in June. So no love for Miles yet. I hear it is coming in 90 days according to @SprintCare ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this topic has been discussed but with the changing of Sprints plans and the unlimited data promise for life. Is this the first stake in the coffin for Sprint offering unlimited data once their 4g lte network is completed? I guess once everything is completed, Sprint will have a comparable network to AT&T and Verizon but it wont spot on be the same. Since SoftBank has more than 50% ownership in Sprint, they want to make Sprint turn a profit every quarter.  I think at this point Sprint need a marketing overhaul to repair their damaging reputation.

This topic comes up again and again.

Not sure why you would think that they have plans to end unlimited data when they JUST launched a new plan offering unlimited data.

According to Dan Hesse, the CEO of Sprint, they added the "unlimited for life" because customers were concerned that they would switch and then Sprint would end unlimited like AT&T did.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that "Unlimited for Life" means they are planning on unlimited for life... Unless there is some obscure alternate definition of unlimited that I am unaware of.

• Like 1

Its not going away. Could they throttle and shape traffic? Yes, they are. Could they raise the price later and still keep their promise of offering it? Yes. First thing to change or get axed would be corporate discounts

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk