LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Depending on how one views the Earth, Florida could be quite erect. Either way, looks like I will be figuring out a way to save my pennies for two G2s next month.

P.s...isn't Denmark quite small though? Not very interesting....lol

Actually, the Jutland peninsula is about the same size as Florida.  Plus, in Zealand, it has some "balls."  I think Florida has been castrated.  That might be part of the problem.

AJ

Actually, the Jutland peninsula is about the same size as Florida.  Plus, in Zealand, it has some "balls."  I think Florida has been castrated.  That might be part of the problem.

AJ

fair enough....

5669159.jpg

The worst part about being on the fence between the G2 and the nexus is that the government shutdown has shut down the FCC. To my knowledge, it hasn't been approved. Hopefully this all gets straightened out soon (and not for our phone dirt, but everyone around here out of work) and we get a concrete release date. I guess they could hold a press event saying "release pending congressional resolution"...

The worst part about being on the fence between the G2 and the nexus is that the government shutdown has shut down the FCC. To my knowledge, it hasn't been approved. Hopefully this all gets straightened out soon (and not for our phone dirt, but everyone around here out of work) and we get a concrete release date. I guess they could hold a press event saying "release pending congressional resolution"...

The G2 and the Nexus 5 have already been approved by the FCC.

I'd probably go for the G2 just for the bigger battery, better camera, slightly larger screen, ir blaster and it is unique with the buttons on the back. I don't mind the UI overlay as much as I thought I would and could always root it down the road if I rather run naked Android.

• Like 1

Who just pre-ordered a LG G2?

This guy. Got it in White. Well, will get it.

Frankly, I'm pretty excited for it. And not only because I now live closer to a legacy Clearwire site (not a protection site!) than I do to a Sprint site.

• Like 1

Frankly, I'm pretty excited for it. And not only because I now live closer to a legacy Clearwire site (not a protection site!) than I do to a Sprint site.

Where from and do we have a release date yet?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Where from and do we have a release date yet?

As a Sprint third-party employee, I can "upgrade" through a special program, once a year. The LG G2 showed up available for pre-order, and I jumped on it.

Edit: An no, no idea what the release date is.

As a Sprint third-party employee, I can "upgrade" through a special program, once a year. The LG G2 showed up available for pre-order, and I jumped on it.

Edit: An no, no idea what the release date is.

Will u get the free case for the pre-order? I'm going to pre-order also... Hopefully it's released before the end of October.

I signed up on Sprint.com to be notified when pre-orders will be available. I guess I essentially pre-ordered my pre-orders. I have a couple of active band 41 towers in my area, so I can't wait to see what these beasts can do.

Will u get the free case for the pre-order? I'm going to pre-order also... Hopefully it's released before the end of October.

I doubt it; there was no mention of the case on my pre-order page. I won't miss it. I don't put cases on my phones anyways (because I don't drop my phones).

I would imagine a mid-October release. They wouldn't start hyping it up with over another month to go before release. I would be shocked if it was November.

Another thing to mention, my price was $199.99. That's probably going to be the general consumer pricing, however, sometimes ours is different (either up or down). 

• Like 3

I doubt it; there was no mention of the case on my pre-order page. I won't miss it. I don't put cases on my phones anyways (because I don't drop my phones).

I would imagine a mid-October release. They wouldn't start hyping it up with over another month to go before release. I would be shocked if it was November.

Another thing to mention, my price was $199.99. That's probably going to be the general consumer pricing, however, sometimes ours is different (either up or down).

Awesome... Keep us updated, I live outside of Columbus, OH and my coverage in Columbus is decent right now for the 41 band, excited to test it out.

I am looking at getting the white model as well.  I have always had black or blue phones so I wanted a change.  It did say its 32 GB right and its $199 on 2 year contract I presume?

I heard Oct 28th would be release but it seems likely it'll be two weeks or less after preorders are taken. Maybe an Oct 18th release? Hopefully!

I heard Oct 28th would be release but it seems likely it'll be two weeks or less after preorders are taken. Maybe an Oct 18th release? Hopefully!

Oct 28th would put that on a Monday.  Not sure if Sprint is known to release devices on a Monday.  I think Oct 25th would be a more likely date.  Although I do know where you got that Oct 28th rumor from someone that is "in the know".

2 questions do LG phones report 3 digit style site id's or HEX global id's? 2nd question so as long as the government is shut down there is no chance of it the G2 showing up on Sprint? I have just seen a ton of comercials during the Cards gave for it on Verizon.

:-P

2 questions do LG phones report 3 digit style site id's or HEX global id's? 2nd question so as long as the government is shut down there is no chance of it the G2 showing up on Sprint? I have just seen a ton of comercials during the Cards gave for it on Verizon.

< nothing to see here, move along > :-P

Didn't someone ask this same question already?  The Sprint LG G2 has already passed the FCC since late July.  There is no more government intervention needed for this device.  The same with the Nexus 5.  This is NOT the reason why the LG G2 on Sprint has been delayed.  Believe it or not it is delayed on purpose...and I stand firmly with this theory.  The Sprint LG G2 will be released sometime by last week of Oct and you can BANK ON IT!!!!

Second since the Sprint version has not come out yet, we don't know if it will display 3 digital style IDs or HEX global IDs.  You can try asking the XDA forum for those that have Verizon G2's that run the SignalCheck app to find out.  Its too soon to know this information.

I've seen the AT&T version of the G2 already. I'll just say there's far more reasons to buy this phone than just Tri-band. It has a really big screen without having too large a body, the Snapdragon 800 is fast, and the camera is good. You're not settling if you get this phone.

• Like 1

I've seen the AT&T version of the G2 already. I'll just say there's far more reasons to buy this phone than just Tri-band. It has a really big screen without having too large a body, the Snapdragon 800 is fast, and the camera is good. You're not settling if you get this phone.

To add on to this. I have been following the xda development on this phone and it is making good progress on development for the att,Verizon, and tmobile versions. The thing is a beauty and the ips display is so awesome. There are so many customizations that you can do already if u don't like some of the layout.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'd probably go for the G2 just for the bigger battery, better camera, slightly larger screen, ir blaster and it is unique with the buttons on the back. I don't mind the UI overlay as much as I thought I would and could always root it down the road if I rather run naked Android.

Does that mean you lose the knock-on feature if you go stock android?

Does that mean you lose the knock-on feature if you go stock android?

That feature has been around for a little while for people who don't mind using custom kernels.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

That feature has been around for a little while for people who don't mind using custom kernels.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Ah, that might be out of my reach. This would be my first Android phone (Windows Mobile to iPhone) and while I was able to use different ROMs and stuff with my WinMo devices, it's been quite some time since I've tinkered around that much.

Do you happen to know if there's an FM radio on the G2 for Sprint?