Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I was wondering if Hurricane Issac may have had any impact on the work in the New Orleans market posted here. http://s4gru.com/ind...chedule-update/

Quite possible. But it's not officially behind schedule yet.

Robert

Quite possible. But it's not officially behind schedule yet.

Robert

I could see it having a few minor shuffles on the tower order in parts of the market. I believe the crews would have just shifted to another tower if the one scheduled wasn't accessible.

On the backhaul side, we had no problem getting two 50/50mbit fiber connections from Cox Comm in New Orleans hooked up in a pinch. So I can't see anything there.

• Like 2

i have a choice.... stay with AT&T or go with Sprint... now i use to have Sprint when i lived in NYC but since i moved to Tampa i didnt like the service much... BUT now with the possibility of LTE im thinking of going back.. anyone thinks this is a good idea or should i just stay with AT&T and no i do not have unlimited data with AT&T.

i have a choice.... stay with AT&T or go with Sprint... now i use to have Sprint when i lived in NYC but since i moved to Tampa i didnt like the service much... BUT now with the possibility of LTE im thinking of going back.. anyone thinks this is a good idea or should i just stay with AT&T and no i do not have unlimited data with AT&T.

I would wait until LTE is launched in your market and available where you need it.

Before that I would use AT&T through straight-talk prepaid so you keep the better speeds as well as unlimited (albeit throttled) data. The service itself is $45 a month and includes unlimited talk, text and data (throttled after more than ~200mb use per day). You bring your own device which can be any AT&T device and it doesn't need to be unlocked (iPhones included).

I'm not sure if I asked this already, but I searched the thread and didn't find it. The Washington, D.C. completion says 17%, so do you think they will be launching it in the beginning of October still? Thanks

I'm not sure if I asked this already, but I searched the thread and didn't find it. The Washington, D.C. completion says 17%, so do you think they will be launching it in the beginning of October still? Thanks

They launched most of the other markets to date with less than that. When we say October, it doesn't mean October 1st. It means some time in the month of October. I'm watching the next two weekly updates before I consider pushing it out. But it is still possible. If you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you can have access to the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section. It shows all the sites that are complete that Sprint has accepted from the OEM's. It is updated weekly. For more information about becoming a Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

Do you really mean February 2014? A 15 month delay?

That date is not what the schedule says, its our take based on the current production rate. If they completed sites at the rate they are now, it would take until February 2014 to completely finish the market. However, they should start increasing the production rate. At least they desperately need to.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I was really encouraged to know that as a second round market, they should start mobilizing Minnesota in the next couple months! This is ahead of a ton of other markets in the country.

Minnesota will also be continuing to get band aide fixes in the mean time. Also I feel coverage there is better than most other places in the country for Sprint.

While there is no direct contradiction given the MN dates at these two links...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-303-minnesota-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

wouldn't we consider them at least behind schedule according to S4GRU's dates?

I thought Sprint has been saying the announced locations will be complete by year-end 2013. Since Minneapolis, Minnesota isn't included, doesn't it imply that it isn't likely we'll see coverage by then?

As I'm sure many people browsing this site are, I'm getting fed up with the slow network... seeing 40-450kbps, but no more on 3G down. I don't think I can put up with this for a year or longer.

P.S. The 51 enhancements in the last 6 months have done nothing, so I'm not too optimistic about the 33 coming my way in the next 6 months!

I don't think we can conclude anything about Minnesota until we start seeing them show up on the weekly reports of sites complete. I would not consider them behind schedule right now though.

While enhancements definitely help, they are no Network Vision. More carriers and t1 lines have a limited effect.

I don't think we can conclude anything about Minnesota until we start seeing them show up on the weekly reports of sites complete. I would not consider them behind schedule right now though.

While enhancements definitely help, they are no Network Vision. More carriers and t1 lines have a limited effect.

It seems almost prophetic reading this March update... not prophetic if you have good info.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-143-the-sprint-markets-of-memphis-minnesota-are-slated-to-begin-network-visionlte-in-the-2nd-half-of-2012/

The predictions seem pretty dead-on for Memphis.

I guess I'll wait to see if the first sites are completed by the end of next month as predicted.

What about the New Orleans market? Any word on if they are on schedule? Did the recent hurricane slow them down much?

If you are in the market keep your eyes open and let us know if you see anything going on.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

If you are in the market keep your eyes open and let us know if you see anything going on.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I'm in the outer parts of the market in St. John Parish. If I get a day off this weekend I will ride around and check the towers in La Place, Reserve, and Edgard. I've seen they have been worked on and scheduled for more work on Sprint's network map. Would love to see proof that they are indeed in the process of upgrading. Is it true that they sometimes start work in the suburban and rural areas for the purpose of testing?