Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

My lte speed for about 3weeks seems to be steady :(

sent from my GS3

It's more than likely you're on a single tower that is trying to serve just too many people and is extremely overloaded. A tower with fiber backhaul and the network vision LTE equipment has greatly increased capacity compared to the legacy stuff, but if there's literally a ton of people trying to use it and that's the only LTE tower in the area that people can latch on to, then this kind of thing happens.

That's my guess anyway, it's also possible that they are still messing with the tower and your speeds are funky, but if it's been this way for that long then it's probably just overloaded.

And as someone said before your screenshot doesn't look like you have a very strong signal. If I'm not mistaken, the Android 4.3 update for the Sprint gs3 makes the signal bars not lie, they pertain to LTE signal when connected to LTE, eHRPD/EV-DO signal when connected to 3G, and otherwise just 1xRTT. Signalcheck is an awesome app to have anyways even if the bars aren't lying to you, pretty neat information to look at.

In all honesty my speeds been that way since October lte just popped up and according to sprint there's alot of towers in my area also I just updated my device a few days ago so that can't be the problem ...but they did give me a date of December 26 yet I still have the same problem

sent from my GS3

Has anybody seen LTE on the East side (Webster/Penfield/Fairport) yet? 

I get a very weak LTE signal from one of the towers near downtown a couple times a day.  The signal is so weak that it is not usable...eventually it latches on a 3g signal that is closer and then I can use data again. 

Something is up in Webster. My usually steady data and signal have been all over the map today. I'm roaming a bunch and the data just cuts out a ton.

Same here.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Wow. I have no data connection today in Webster. -73dBm for signal strength, but no data or a very spordatic signal for maybe a second or 2.

My G2 is back online. My co-workers Torque has no data 10 feet from me. 

LTE in Webster at Ridge and Hard Road.

EDIT- I can only connect to LTE on the GS4 and not on my G2... weird. 

This may be due to eCSFB issues discussed in this article. I was under the impression that they were aware of the problem and making sure it didn't happen in newly developing markets however, so you'll have to keep us up to date on how you fare.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

This may be due to eCSFB issues discussed in this article. I was under the impression that they were aware of the problem and making sure it didn't happen in newly developing markets however, so you'll have to keep us up to date on how you fare.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

In a Samsung market, they can only do CSFB one site at a time, unfortunately.

Robert

In a Samsung market, they can only do CSFB one site at a time, unfortunately.

Robert

I've been able to connect to, and hold, LTE in Greece and Henrietta. After some fudging around yesterday I was able to connect to the LTE in Webster but not hold it.

Is it possible that this one site is affected by the mentioned issue and not the others?

Can anyone determine which tower is actually broadcasting the LTE signal in Webster?

A customer yesterday mentioned he's been getting spotty LTE in Williamson as well.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I've been able to connect to, and hold, LTE in Greece and Henrietta. After some fudging around yesterday I was able to connect to the LTE in Webster but not hold it.

Is it possible that this one site is affected by the mentioned issue and not the others?

Yes.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

They are aware that these issues arise for the tri band devices in places where eCSFB hasn't been implemented, so I can't imagine they will leave it be for long. Either way, it isn't something that should remain an issue once progress in the market gets further along.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LTE in Webster at Ridge and Hard Road.

EDIT- I can only connect to LTE on the GS4 and not on my G2... weird. 

I'm in the Target plaza on Ridge and Holt and I'm getting LTE as well. It's spotty in the building I'm in, but I do get it at my desk. -110dBm

• Like 1

I had LTE at a customers house at 33 Selbourne Chase in Fairport, NY near the corner of Pittsford Palmyra Road and Kreag Road. I could not tell what tower it was connected to. Signal Pro was showing the turk hill tower. I doubt it was that tower. -110 db 2mb down and 1.20 up. On the second floor it stayed connected but on the first floor it would connect and disconnect. When it went back to 3g it was showing that I was connected to a tower on Farmington Road in VIctor. Tracked in sensorly.

I had LTE at a customers house at 33 Selbourne Chase in Fairport, NY near the corner of Pittsford Palmyra Road and Kreag Road. I could not tell what tower it was connected to. Signal Pro was showing the turk hill tower. I doubt it was that tower. -110 db 2mb down and 1.20 up. On the second floor it stayed connected but on the first floor it would connect and disconnect. When it went back to 3g it was showing that I was connected to a tower on Farmington Road in VIctor. Tracked in sensorly.

SignalCheck Pro only shows you which 1x (voice) tower you were connected to.  LTE sites do not broadcast their location, so no app can tell you that.  You can only determine LTE connections by tracking Serving Cells and crowd sourcing with your market brethren.  This is done in many market threads around S4GRU.

Robert

• Like 1