Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Holy crap, it's fast now.  Did a speed test in Webster and got 22.3 Mbps outside of my Xerox office.

I also saw a good 4G LTE signal near Wegmans in Penfield for the first time, and I did get a weak 4G signal at my home in the Crystal Springs area of Fairport (though very weak, and it jumped back to 3G.)

• Like 1

No lte so far in hilton. In checking the map, i noticed that areas in greece and gates that already had lte showed two data upgrades on the sprint towers listed.

So far, the two towers near hilton ( town of parma) only show one upgrade, either voice or data. Nobody seems to know what pattern or schedule is being followed in doing the upgrades.

No lte so far in hilton. In checking the map, i noticed that areas in greece and gates that already had lte showed two data upgrades on the sprint towers listed.

So far, the two towers near hilton ( town of parma) only show one upgrade, either voice or data. Nobody seems to know what pattern or schedule is being followed in doing the upgrades.

The back haul at sites are not in yet.. Here in Canandiagua they have to downtown tower broadcasting LTE but not the one uptown (which the uptown tower covers more territory but I am not sure why they did not get both in the city limits on around the same time...)  I have very strong connections with a couple of Sprint employees and contractors I might be able to find out your area along with mine here in Canandigua).  I asked about the pattern and Ive been told there is not a pattern really, again its just the awaiting back haul, and other things that need to take place first.  

• Like 1

I noticed that too on the sprint maps but it's not a good indicator of what sites are active on LTE. The tower on culver near university has had LTE on since Saturday, but for the past 30 days or so it's only shown one tower upgrade on their site.

Something else I noticed is that I no longer can connect to LTE in Henrietta near west hen and Lehigh. That was the first site I ever noticed had LTE active. My signal has been all over the place too.

The back haul at sites are not in yet.. Here in Canandiagua they have to downtown tower broadcasting LTE but not the one uptown (which the uptown tower covers more territory but I am not sure why they did not get both in the city limits on around the same time...) I have very strong connections with a couple of Sprint employees and contractors I might be able to find out your area along with mine here in Canandigua). I asked about the pattern and Ive been told there is not a pattern really, again its just the awaiting back haul, and other things that need to take place first.

Thanks. The other issue in hilton is about the locstion of the tower on burritt road. Tower is to far south, so the hill you go over to enter the village cuts off at least half or more of the signal strength to half the village. I have 6 bars until i go over the hill then only 1 or 2 at my house. Before the voice update to 800 mhz, i had to go to McD's just to call customer service or use the phone for calls.

If you can find out the schedule, that would help. I noticed testing of tower near rt . 259 and west ridge a month ago. Thought spencerport had 4 g yet phone kept jumping back and forth between 3/4g. Last night at perri's pizza, only 3 g service was available. It was faster than hilton but towet was right across the street. Had at least 4 or 5 bars.

Edited by S4GRU
Remove double post and put quote in correct post

Do anyone have any news on the towers in the irondequoit area I had 4g for a month though it was slower than my 3g speeds but it was still there but now theres nothing my 3g speeds are crap still even though they said the problem has been fix

sent from my GS3

post-26897-138983960974_thumb.jpg

post-26897-138983963669_thumb.jpg

Whoaaaaa, any other sponsors here check out the maps this morning? Mother lode of Rochester LTE site acceptances. Hella exciting, folks! That's what I like to see :D

I saw the acceptance report earlier and ran to check the map. I was like... There's nothing updated? Just checked it again now and SPLOOSH! 

• Like 3

What are the dots on the super secret sponsor's map near Buffalo? Sites that haven't been updated yet? Can we have those in Rochester?

And no, they're not allowed in Rochester, this market's too good to have non-upgraded sites. WE UPGRADE THEM ALL, FASTER, FASTER, FASTER, WIN, WIN, WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang::frantic:   :lol:

I picked up LTE yesterday in Webster near Xerox (Ridge and Salt was where I picked it up). I did a sensorly trip on my way home back to Brighton (104W to 590).

I saw the post on someone picking up LTE at East Ave Wegmans. I live not too far from that Wegmans and have been there twice in the last week. I have yet to pick it up LTE.

When my wife and I are out, she seems to pickup LTE on her Galaxy S4 more than my HTC One. I noticed this a few times in Henrietta the last few months. I am rooted with Roam Control set to Auto. Could that app be messing with the speed of the switch to LTE?

Thanks

• Like 1

I picked up LTE yesterday in Webster near Xerox (Ridge and Salt was where I picked it up). I did a sensorly trip on my way home back to Brighton (104W to 590).

I saw the post on someone picking up LTE at East Ave Wegmans. I live not too far from that Wegmans and have been there twice in the last week. I have yet to pick it up LTE.

When my wife and I are out, she seems to pickup LTE on her Galaxy S4 more than my HTC One. I noticed this a few times in Henrietta the last few months. I am rooted with Roam Control set to Auto. Could that app be messing with the speed of the switch to LTE?

Thanks

I was picking up LTE inside wegmans, but the connection doesn't last the farther you get inside the store. Always been the story with sprint I side wegmans. I am getting a very good connection in the areas near by, but lose the connection down east ave past highland. I am on the iPhone 5s

I picked up LTE yesterday in Webster near Xerox (Ridge and Salt was where I picked it up). I did a sensorly trip on my way home back to Brighton (104W to 590).I saw the post on someone picking up LTE at East Ave Wegmans. I live not too far from that Wegmans and have been there twice in the last week. I have yet to pick it up LTE.When my wife and I are out, she seems to pickup LTE on her Galaxy S4 more than my HTC One. I noticed this a few times in Henrietta the last few months. I am rooted with Roam Control set to Auto. Could that app be messing with the speed of the switch to LTE?Thanks

htc one is known to have issues connecting to weak lte signal. As more towers pop up you should connect more often. Do you know the weakest signal you can connect to? My gs4 will connect to -125 if the site is unburdened. My guess is htc picked -105 to connect. I don't think you can change the entry or exit signal strength. It could also be her phone just scans first for lte.

htc one is known to have issues connecting to weak lte signal. As more towers pop up you should connect more often. Do you know the weakest signal you can connect to? My gs4 will connect to -125 if the site is unburdened. My guess is htc picked -105 to connect. I don't think you can change the entry or exit signal strength. It could also be her phone just scans first for lte.

There is a new software update just released for the HTC One that is supposed to help with the connectivity issues.

I did a manual check for HTC Updates today and I picked up the new software.

I was picking up LTE inside wegmans, but the connection doesn't last the farther you get inside the store. Always been the story with sprint I side wegmans. I am getting a very good connection in the areas near by, but lose the connection down east ave past highland. I am on the iPhone 5s

Thanks. I will check again this week when I am at Wegmans.  Yeah Sprint signal sucks once you get past the produce area and deeper in the store.

I just did the radio update for the HTC One in TWRP http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2576995

which hopefully will make the phone pickup LTE more frequently. If it doesn't help, I might just unroot and return it to stock and do the full update Sprint just pushed out.