lilotimz

How to Spot Sprint Antennas and RRUs (Samsung)

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

Interesting information.  Any idea on the total number of Samsung systems deployed within Sprint?

Approximately 17,000 give or take a few hundred due to ongoing Clearwire conversions or new colocations. 

Is there any change this guide could be updated with photos of the new RRH C4s?

34 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Is there any change this guide could be updated with photos of the new RRH C4s?

Added. I'll try to find more pictures of the C4's in various config (triband ant, dual band ants, octoports, etc). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Added. I'll try to find more pictures of the C4's in various config (triband ant, dual band ants, octoports, etc). 

I'm headed back home in a week. I'll definitely be able to get high resolution photos of the new 8 port dualband antennas. Some of them might have C4s. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Abdual Rodriguez
      Ill make my comments brief, in hopes that it creates dialog abbot our future. The synergy and blending of the 2 company's from the network perspective is a complete disaster already! If you are a Sprint Network Employee and feel everything is so far, so good. You have not yet been tortured by the superior leader. Its coming. 
      T-mobile either has a leadership directive to force out Sprint employees, or the local markets and regions are overwhelmed by the extensive knowledge Sprint folks bring and that intimidation is causing them to try and force you out. To be fair, Sprint had layers of dead weight also and most need to be bounced. 
      From the brief time I have seen their processes and procedures combined with the lack of experience, rest assured you are all in for a wild ride.
      How about unionizing? 
    • By danlodish345
      Even though Sprint doesn't have the best coverage in my area. I do have lots of memories and nostalgia with the company. I wonder who else here will miss Sprint besides me?
    • By mdob07
      Its almost time for the next iteration of Samsung's Galaxy Phones! I'm planning on pre-ordering either the S20+ or Ultra. Current Rumors have it going on Pre-order February 11.  Let the discussion commence...

• By vanko987
      I'm new to this forum, and I've seen people mention cell sites with specific ID's (for example, SF33XC664). Is there any significance to these ID's, and is there a way to decode them? Also, how do I figure out what the cell site ID's are for towers near me?
      Thanks! I'm excited to start talking on this site more 😀
    • By kckid
      Sprint announced at MWC trade show in Barcelona that 5G will go live with 4 cities starting in May  (Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas and Kansas City )
      https://phys.org/news/2019-02-sprint-5g-network-chicago-atlanta.html

• Hi killerz-     Thanks for the info. I assume that if I make a call via wifi, texts are still coming in through CDMA without VoLTE.....so the pebble is more useful for texts ? I probably am confused about what VoLTE is. I thought it was another way to use VOIP which was wifi calling ?  I don't think I understand how it boosts data vs. the regular wifi ? All of the phones that we have now have wifi calling, but I could definitely see how useful this would have been maybe 4+ years ago when I didn't have it. I do see that I have signal now that is strong, so I presume it is working, plus the LED is green.
    • Linking properly for those having issue with the inline twitter thing: https://www.speedtest.net/insights/blog/t-mobile-merger-sprint-changing-5g/
    • You don't define cheap, but the LG v30 and v40 work well, can be rooted, and can be found for pretty cheap(<$100-150). As expected, the v30 is cheaper than the v40 and I can attest the v30 works very well. That being said, it lacks bands 28, 40, and 71 and has the drawback that Sprint never released Pie for it (the only vendor who didn't). This means some of the 9.0 bandwidth features are not available for SCP, that being said NSG is able to provide this data on 8.0.    Sprint LG V30+ (LS998) LTE Bands:         1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 41  Sprint Lg V40 (LM-V405UA) LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 40, 41, 71  
    • Hi all, I'm looking to purchase an Android for Cellmapper/logging purposes; accordingly, I was wondering if there are any cheap devices you guys recommended that work well with both SCP and Cellmapper. Thanks in advance!
    • 1. Wifi calling directly uses your home's wifi to place the call while the Pebble uses your internet connection to broadcast an LTE signal which your phone uses to place the call (once VoLTE is enabled). Before VoLTE is enabled, you don't place calls through the Pebble, it only boosts data. After 2-3 weeks, VoLTE should be enabled on the Pebble allowing simultaneous voice and MMS which wifi calling doesn't allow mms (but if you have a decent signal you can receive MMS without issue while on a wifi call). 2. Yes, any user can piggyback off the signal but I noticed the footprint isn't that large and didn't extend outside my home. I wouldn't be too concerned with that. 3. If you disconnect the device they will send you warnings that they will charge you if you don't reconnect it or send it back.