Xbox One W/ Revealing Video

Rukin1

Skip to minute 3 unless you want to watch everything.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal

Specs Quote

"here's an octa-core processor based on AMD's Jaguar design and 8GB of RAM to go up against the Sony PlayStation 4, plus USB 3.0 ports, 500GB of hard drive storage, WiFi Direct for communicating with the new controller and other devices, and a humungous amount of silicon to drive it all: no fewer than five billion transistors, which compares to 1.4 billion in your average Intel or AMD chip (although Microsoft may be included other processors and DSPs in that count). And just in case you're wondering, the switch to an x86 PC-style architecture will indeed preclude backwards compatibility with 360 games.

" Source

I am for sure sticking to Microsoft consoles. I've had an xbox and several types of xbox 360's. I love the setup and UI. I'm READY to go buy me one Early next year or late this year.

Discuss everyone

I thought it was an x64 architecture they are using... Regardless I hate the look of it. It honestly looks like a polished version on the original Nintendo. I do, however, think the Interface is really nice and the new Kinect gestures are great!

-Luis

Funny how things go full circle going back to x86.  I had three original XBox's with the firmware flashed and hard drives upgraded.  Best console ever and I will easily say I enjoy playing them more than the XBox 360.  The new games have just gotten out of touch of playability and crazy store lines that prevent you from playing without watching some 2 hour movie.  And I thought football games were bad with their 500 button combinations you had to remember...  dumb it down for me, I just want to play a game and relax/unwind, not have to remember all kind of nonsense to play.

I thought it was an x64 architecture they are using... Regardless I hate the look of it. It honestly looks like a polished version on the original Nintendo. I do, however, think the Interface is really nice and the new Kinect gestures are great!

-Luis

It's a more square version of the Original Xbox 360 m8. And the gestures? hows about the commands ! lol I know It switches right after you say the command! They have taken advantage of there technology. If it wasn't for the Xbox, Microsoft would be DEAD.

This thing doesn't even support LTE much less Triband! Also, I hear it will be super expensive on contract with monthly fees. 

New systems are alwasy expensive, but it comes with the latest technology.

My question is why can't they make them thinner? :P

-Luis

I like it bulky personally. The thinner the easier it can be to break something or it. Maybe one day when there is unbreakable/bendable plastic. Then go slim lol

I'm going to PS4, this has nothing I want.

Lol Ps3/4 has a camera. Xbox has a Kinect that does everything 20x better. PS4 is garbage, I prefer to pay for quality anyways.

I'm going to PS4, this has nothing I want.

Lol Ps3/4 has a camera. Xbox has a Kinect that does everything 20x better. PS4 is garbage, I prefer to pay for quality anyways.

Not sure if edit or framing.

I like the new xbox, but I'll wait to see how the games situation pans out. Especially when it comes to used games. I like being able to rent madden before getting bored of it after a few weeks.

I don't want to pay a monthly fee to MSFT to be able to use the Netflix app either.

Eh Nothing wrong with paying? it's cheaper to buy a year of XBL then monthly :P

So as of this point, Microsoft has really made a bad choice with their whole proposed fee on used games. I think this is a ridiculous thing to do. Maybe it's just me, but I won't be buying this if they go through with this whole fee fiasco!

Also as far as paying Xbox Gold, what am I paying for? To be able to play online and have access to Netflix? No thank you!

-Luis

So as of this point, Microsoft has really made a bad choice with their whole proposed fee on used games. I think this is a ridiculous thing to do. Maybe it's just me, but I won't be buying this if they go through with this whole fee fiasco!

Also as far as paying Xbox Gold, what am I paying for? To be able to play online and have access to Netflix? No thank you!

-Luis

Eh, I think with a strong reply from the Xbox community. They will remove that and used games will be able to be played anywhere or they are going to find a really smart and good ass work around

This reveal highlight video is far more informative and to the point:

And please. A video negging the Xbox period? I mean come on lol. It HAS everything in ONE. It makes it so less wires are ran for separate items like a DVD or BLU-Ray player. And watch TV on it? Okay.

Major nelson from xbox live posted this about used games

Xbox One and used games

Over the past few days, we have been reading comments and message boards following the Xbox One announcement. There are a few questions regarding used games. I wanted to clarify and provide this official statement:The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

Source.

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-and-used-games-2/

Hmm, "X," "box," "revealing," and "video" in the title might tag this thread for people who are searching for another kind of content.

AJ

Major nelson from xbox live posted this about used games

Xbox One and used games

Over the past few days, we have been reading comments and message boards following the Xbox One announcement. There are a few questions regarding used games. I wanted to clarify and provide this official statement:The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

Source.

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-and-used-games-2/

Thanks for that!